Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Boys (2019)

Started by weekender, October 30, 2019, 07:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

If there's one thing I hate it's children.

If there's another thing I hate it's crane flies, but if I were to list everything I hate I'd never get anything done, so onwards with my crappy film review.

This was sold to me (by Rotten Tomatoes) as a decent film about children and what they get up to when they end up stealing a crashed drone from somewhere (I think).

It started off being fairly formulaic, but as I'm watching I'm warming to it. 

Keith L Williams in particular appears to have some great lines, and delivers them very well.  Character's obviously gay, like Neil's dad in the Inbetweeners, but not out with it.

It's funny at times, self-reverential, copes with the whole 'Weinstein' and 'Hollywood' script-writing thing decently enough.

The scene I've paused - to write this review - is one of the children going into their parents's room and encouraging one of them to try to french kissing with his father's sex doll.

I know that sounds childish, but it really does remind me a bit of The Inbetweeners - sure, there's crass stuff going on but there's also a heart behind the whole thing and the characters within it, although this time they're about 10 and you're obviously a paedo if you watch children in films.

Small Man Big Horse

From the title I presumed it was about dogs, and now have no interest in watching it at all.

weekender

Oh fuck off you wonderful cunt :)

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: weekender on October 30, 2019, 07:42:03 PM
Oh fuck off you wonderful cunt :)

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

In all seriousness it might be something I watch one day if you think it's still decent by the end. And that it doesn't have Unexpected Gervais of course.

weekender

Well, I've watched until the end and it was decent enough, although it did feel a bit like children acting out The Inbetweeners.

Not really worth your time though to be fair.

Watch Role Models instead.

Small Man Big Horse

But I've already seen Role Models, and only rated it 6/10, why would I watch a film I didn't judge that highly again? Why?

weekender

Because it's better than Good Boys (2019).

Fine, don't watch anything ever again you miserable cunt.

Small Man Big Horse

I just want to watch good films, not shite, is that a crime? It is? Good.

SteveDave

I liked this more than I thought I would. I enjoy hearing young kids swear and recently had to hide my face from my two year old son when, after being told off for dawdling as he crossed road, he exclaimed "FUCKIGG HELL!"

That is not a typo.

Enrico Palazzo

I walked out of this after about 15 minutes. It seemed badly misjudged and I couldn't work out who'd enjoy it. NOW I KNOW.

SteveDave

Quote from: Enrico Palazzo on December 16, 2019, 02:50:07 PM
I walked out of this after about 15 minutes. It seemed badly misjudged and I couldn't work out who'd enjoy it. NOW I KNOW.

ME! and my wife!