Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,474
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not Going Out Halloween Special (30/10)

Started by Malcy, October 30, 2019, 10:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Didn't know this was happening but it's on BBC1 at 10.35.

neveragain

It was decent! A weird choice to forego the laugh-track but, like several previous episodes*, it created a real sense of tension alongside the comedy. Nobody seems to care on here but it's a consistently amusing, competently made (if very old-fashioned) sitcom and it doesn't feel like there's that many of them about.

*The Xmas special where they were locked in the department store after-hours with creepy masked villains, the United 93 ep, the dogging one (honestly) and the escape room.

koeman

Quote from: neveragain on November 01, 2019, 11:49:20 PM
*The Xmas special where they were locked in the department store after-hours with creepy masked villains, the United 93 ep, the dogging one (honestly) and the escape room.

The United 93 ep??

neveragain

Yep, there's one episode set on a plane which is being hijacked. Still one of the weirdest moments in recent comedy history.

Series 7, Episode 8: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Not_Going_Out_episodes#Series_7_(2014-15)

koeman

Wow. I must admit I stopped watching when Tim left, but I've always had a soft spot for the show and I'm kind of glad they've taken it in some odd directions.

Malcy

I enjoyed it. As always there were some great lines with Bobby Ball getting the best of them.

Got home late and mildly drunk. Woke up wondering if I'd dreamt it.

weekender

*Launches BBC iPlayer on BT to watch the episode, it crashes*

*Launches BBC iPlayer on computer to watch the episode*

*BBC iPlayer app says go to the BBC website to watch the episode*

*starts watching episode online*

I mean, I know I haven't really kept up with this on-demand technology, but it doesn't really seem to work for me that well.

You'd have also thought that as a one-off Hallowe'en special, they might have advertised it a little bit.  How many Not Going Out fans are there out there going "Ooh, I wonder if they'll do an Easter special which will consist of egg-based jokes, and as a regular viewer I can find it obscurely at 10pm on the day before pancake day?".

This grumpy post has been brought to you by:

-fireworks
-lack of sleep

Probably best that I don't comment on the episode this evening.

Malcy

Quote from: weekender on November 05, 2019, 07:41:10 PM
*Launches BBC iPlayer on BT to watch the episode, it crashes*

*Launches BBC iPlayer on computer to watch the episode*

*BBC iPlayer app says go to the BBC website to watch the episode*

*starts watching episode online*

I mean, I know I haven't really kept up with this on-demand technology, but it doesn't really seem to work for me that well.

iPlayer has been a bit of a dick the past week or so. Same thing happened to me trying to watch this and The Apprentice that night. Took about 20 mins of exiting and going back in until it finally just worked. Lot of complaints on Twitter as well.