Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC Watch: election bias special.

Started by Absorb the anus burn, October 31, 2019, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyMonster

Quote from: Leo2112 on November 22, 2019, 02:54:47 PM
https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1197811903894044672

So can Corbyn tell everyone the Kuessenbberg is being soft on the Tories because 'she's a known drug dealer and she plans to give Johnson a cut of the profits' and she'll have to reply by saying "Seems legit" ?

Replies From View

What does it mean by "calling someone a liar" though.  Does it mean not holding somebody to account for their lies?  For example during the QT Leadership thing when Fiona Bruce was highlighting various contradictions and incongruities in the leaders' stances and actions...  She didn't explicitly call anyone a liar but she didn't let anyone get away with anything either once relevant questions had been raised.

greencalx

That was one of the few occasions where it was done properly, I think - Bruce had clearly done her homework there. It's probably easier when there's just one person at a time facing the audience.

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on November 24, 2019, 11:59:25 PM
What does it mean by "calling someone a liar" though.  Does it mean not holding somebody to account for their lies?

Maybe they're attempting to "keep Liar special" in a way we've failed with both Sunday and cunt

Taking my inspiration from cunt, I'd say the problem with liars is when you allow them to become ubiquitous without quibble.  How can they be "special" if they're everywhere?  And nowadays, both cunts and liars are everywhere. I think, the BBC should take a little responsibility for the situation, rather than pretending everything is quite normal. 

Nothing is normal, I'm all for integration but we had an open cunt liar as Prime Minister until the election and there's a chance he'll be back with his pack of cunts and liars.  If the BBC won't call a liar a liar then it's up to the people, no change there.

honeychile

Newsbeat at 0730 this morning on Radio 1:

Quote from: NewsbeatLabour says it'll take on what it calls "dodgy landlords" in its latest election pledge. The Conservatives have also set out plans to help tenants, including saying it'll make it harder for tenants to be evicted without being given a fair enough reason.

So it leads with the Labour pledge but gives absolutely no details, then responds with a Tory pledge with an actual policy.

Here's the actual Labour policy, as recommended by academics at the University of York.

Newsbeat also quoting some students moaning about the UCU strikes and how this isn't what they're paying their fees for, denoting the huge success of the marketisation of higher education. Might be nice to hear from some of the striking staff too you know.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on November 25, 2019, 07:42:25 AM
Maybe they're attempting to "keep Liar special" in a way we've failed with both Sunday and cunt

Taking my inspiration from cunt, I'd say the problem with liars is when you allow them to become ubiquitous without quibble.  How can they be "special" if they're everywhere?  And nowadays, both cunts and liars are everywhere. I think, the BBC should take a little responsibility for the situation, rather than pretending everything is quite normal. 

Nothing is normal, I'm all for integration but we had an open cunt liar as Prime Minister until the election and there's a chance he'll be back with his pack of cunts and liars.  If the BBC won't call a liar a liar then it's up to the people, no change there.

Insidious at best. The slow creep of totalitarianism is upon us. All done with the veil mostly lifted.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on November 24, 2019, 04:16:46 PM
I'm afraid I can't sign anything but am prepared to help.

Are you Ulrike Meinhof?

Bently Sheds

Jeremy Vine had Matt Hancock on his Radio 2 show today & took him to task about the 50000 extra nurses:
JV: But 19000 of that figure are existing nurses
MH: Yes but they're extra.
JV: OK, I understand.
MH: And Labour's NHS policy is shit.
JV: Labour's Shadow Health Minister, your policy is shit.
Lab: No it isn't, let me explain
JV: But it is shit, though.
Lab: I think you'll find if...
JV: Yeah, it's shit. Labour bloke there, with his shit policy. Let's go to the phones...

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 25, 2019, 11:04:27 AM
Are you Ulrike Meinhof?

Oddly enough, that's what my lovely mum used to call me.  Sometimes, when she was being especially fond, she'd call me Ulrike Trüblmaaker.

BTW, can I urge everyone to watch the BBC in all its guises like a fucking hawk and complain to it every time they see some fucking misleading biased shit going down.  I've been practicing this lately, they're getting rather slow at replying, I think because they know they're fucking banged to rights. 

Anyway, if you spot owt, call it out (here).

kalowski

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on November 25, 2019, 05:29:17 PM
Oddly enough, that's what my lovely mum used to call me.  Sometimes, when she was being especially fond, she'd call me Ulrike Trüblmaaker.

BTW, can I urge everyone to watch the BBC in all its guises like a fucking hawk and complain to it every time they see some fucking misleading biased shit going down.  I've been practicing this lately, they're getting rather slow at replying, I think because they know they're fucking banged to rights. 

Anyway, if you spot owt, call it out (here).

Und ? Nowt seems to happen

DESTROY

Bently Sheds

BBC News website, main headline is Chief Rabbi saying Corbyn is unfit to be PM because of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

Nothing about the Muslim council of Great Britain's statement about how they "stand with the chief rabbi" but also call out Tory anti-Semitism, Islamophobia and general racism.

idunnosomename

Laura k, during purdah, sharing Cummings' openly partisan "get Brexit done" blog

Shes fucking nuts if she thinks shes balanced

Dr Rock

Someone ought to count up all her tweets during the election, and see how many were pro/fair on the Tories and how many Labour. The BBC IS starting to take flak for bias, complaints are working.

Finally, the Beeb focusing on the issues that really matter.

Famous Mortimer

idunnosomename

Mr and Mrs Dunn... your son's.... scone?!?

Lol bumbling bozza *trousers fall down*

thugler

Have the purdah rules just been ignored this time?

idunnosomename

Quote from: thugler on November 27, 2019, 09:51:27 PM
Have the purdah rules just been ignored this time?
basically yes. Though on the radio they have been saying "check the website for the other candidates!!" Whenever they mention a politician standing

Laura K has honestly astounded us all by actually getting MORE partisan though. tho. Whatever

imitationleather

Clearly the BBC have decided that being hard on the Tories last time may have almost made Corbyn PM and they're not letting that happen again.

Absolute fucking bastards. I dunno if I'm going to continue paying my licence fee.

Replies From View

Oh yeah they were so memorably hard on the Tories

BlodwynPig

DESTROY IT ROOT AND BRANCH

BUT SAVE THE BERGERAC TAPES

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 27, 2019, 10:32:51 PM
DESTROY IT ROOT AND BRANCH

BUT SAVE THE BERGERAC TAPES

bert barcarac such a rubbish singer make him keep all his own tapes if he wants them

"but my loft is so small" no you have to get a bigger loft then like the rest of us

"but the tapes will warp in the temperature fluctuations of the loft"  fuck off bert batterack!!!!

always going on about his stupid tapes

BlodwynPig

I urge you to watch the Bergerac episode set in London. Melancholy overload tinged with late 80s kitsch and gumshoe noir

Replies From View

he is an idiot!!! he was on the back of that bus in austin powers going something like "how do birds suddnly appear!"  well they don't!  stupid question!!

Cardenio I

This clip of Laura K laughing at a bit of Boris bants:

https://mobile.twitter.com/skiologist/status/1199936401363611648

I've had wives I've looked at with less love in my eyes.

never actually been married