Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC Watch: election bias special.

Started by Absorb the anus burn, October 31, 2019, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

"Sports enthusiasts or cricket fans" made me laugh.

BlodwynPig

QuoteIt's very easy for it to escalate from VAR talk and chat to slapping each other on the back and talking about their conquests at the weekend.

Talk AND chat. (Not bbc to blame for this one)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 28, 2020, 12:45:53 AM
BBC still fuelling the angry white man columnist culture war with some tasty logs of complete shit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51261999
I love it. "A management body has warned" that companies should "ban football chat" and then you read on and they're describing the opinions of some woman on the Today show and the opinions of some other woman who disagrees with her.

Cuellar

I'm in 100% agreement with her though.

Sports chat in offices should be banned, and anyone caught doing it summarily fired.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on January 28, 2020, 09:29:59 AM

Sports chat in offices should be banned, and anyone caught doing it summarily fired.

"Oi Oi, Ollie! OLLIE!"

"Wazzzzzup guys"

"Oi Ollie, did you see the match last night...BELTAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"Yeh, proper tussle that"

"Fantastic strike from yer man Rooney"

"You what?"

"King Rooney, The Roonster?"

"None of the Master's were called Rooney, mate"

"you what?"

"Chief Tramp Slayer is Lord Baal and his two acolytes are Ferrian and Qaal"

"what the fucking on about Ollie?"

"Tramp slayer...its on the dark net"

"wha???"

"Bow down before me worthless sludge things, prepare for your evisceration...Lord Baal, I am ready!"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on January 28, 2020, 09:29:59 AM

well yes me too but its not real is it

Paul Calf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 26, 2020, 02:14:45 PM
Why are so many of the cuts being made at the BBC related to news? Why not cut spending on things like Strictly Come Dancing. If dancing is so interesting, why do they need to spend so much money on extravegent costumes and scenery? And why do they need four judges? Just have two.

News  and journalism should be the last thing that is cut.

Why the fuck does Come Dancing still exist in the 21st Century? Fuck it off and replace it with something that isn't a fossilised turd that looked dated even in the 19070s.

Cuellar

Paul Calf

Reactionary, boring throwback cunts: bake-off, come dancing. Shit, Stepford-wife 1950s shag. If you like it, you should be forced to take out a subscription and taxed for your timidity and total lack of imagination.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 28, 2020, 10:14:11 AM
Why the fuck does Come Dancing still exist in the 21st Century? Fuck it off and replace it with something that isn't a fossilised turd that looked dated even in the 19070s.
Strictly Come Dancing is key to the BBC's whole strategy, it promotes every other BBC program from the "breakfast news" to the shouting Cockney cunts and Radio One FM.

Cardenio I

Ooh did you see Strictly last night? Did you see Michael Buerk do a tango to Back to Black? Did you see sparks flying between Jennie Bond and Anton du Beke? Did you see when Eric Pickles got on all fours, put on a bridle and was mounted by a lithe twenty-something to the tune of Strangers in the Night? Did you see? Did you blink and miss it?  Did you see them lacing up the boot to stamp your fucking grill in forever? Ahahahaha wasn't it great? Here, put on this bridle.

Paul Calf

Ooh, did you see Bake Off where the losing contestants were punished by being forced to eat a meringue made with Mary Berry's diseased, oozing rectal pus emissions and that cunt off that thing that wasn't funny in 2005 wanked to completion over the resultant vomit-strewn scene, his big leering sweaty face filling the camera...

BlodwynPig

Did you see the episode of Bergerac last night?

It was a cracker. Such gentle beauty amidst the action and scenery. Charlie was in top form and Jim looked good in his new leather jacket. Can't wait until next Saturday after Grandstand, Little & Large and The Two Ronnies. The Devil Rides Out is on after, too!

Paul Calf

buttgammon

For some reason, even relatively sensible people keep telling us Strictly is one of the things "worth saving."  They're wrong - it's not.

Fambo Number Mive

It could be argued that many of the people who pay the licence fee pay it to watch Strictly rather than watch BBC News. Stuff like Strictly can be hosted on commercial channels but it does allow people to avoid adverts.

I don't object to things like Strictly being on the BBC but I think there is to much of that kind of thing and that we should be looking at their budgets before cutting the news. Perhaps only have one presenter on Bake Off and two judges?

idunnosomename

i dont know what's worse that tweet or all the FBPEs earnestly taking the opportunity to make a scathing political point by asking the floating dog head a question

MY PLAN FOR COME DANCING
On the usual set, but: a single, black, leather, thick-heeled Clarks shoe from the 1970s is thrown onto the dance floor by an unseen person with a thump, and a disappointed off-camera wail "oh... Jesus".
The shoe is broadcast doing nothing for 76 hours.

Cuellar

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 28, 2020, 02:58:48 PM
i dont know what's worse that tweet or all the FBPEs earnestly taking the opportunity to make a scathing political point by asking the floating dog head a question

"WHAT ARE THE TANGIBLE BENEFITS? ANSWER ME, FETID DOG"

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

i went out to get some more tinnies

buttgammon

Re Strictly: their poorly scheduled live show made me late getting home this evening. Fuck them all to hell.

Leo2112

Robert Peston, of all people, has given a lecture about 'how to save impartial journalism' https://www.facebook.com/1498276767163730/posts/2605667513091311/  Highlights include a pathetic re-evaluation of his election 'mistakes':

QuoteDuring the general election, I notoriously made a mistake on Twitter when I said that the health secretary's special adviser was whacked in a fracas outside Leeds general hospital. But to clear up a few things about this. I was not spun by Cummings or a Tory official about this. Nor did I allege Labour's involvement in the fracas in my Tweet. Having read about the fracas on Twitter, I rang two people who were eye witnesses who both told me that the adviser had – in the words of one – been "lamped". Subsequently a film emerged that showed that the adviser had been knocked not very hard in the face by accident, not deliberately. So I took down the tweet and then put up another tweet apologising for my mistake. I was not under pressure from ITV to make the correction. I simply said sorry because that is what I would always do, since I am well aware I do not have privileged access to the truth. This was a routine cockup, not a conspiracy – and it wasn't the first or last such boo boo I'll make

What matters about this incident is that it was viewed by hundreds of thousands of people as a conspiracy to undermine Jeremy Corbyn. My tweet in which I said "I apologise for getting this wrong" was seen as confirmation that I am a Tory stooge. Jeremy Corbyn himself – or whoever manages his account – tweeted a screenshot of my deleted original tweet, along with tweets by Laura Kuenssberg, my colleague Paul Brand, and Tom Newton Dunn of the Sun, and said "this is what media bias looks like". Unsurprisingly I thought this was offensive and wrong.

The important point perhaps is that the correction was made instantaneously. This is both a trivial and important point. It reinforces the importance of sustaining and reinforcing a culture of impartiality and striving for truth in news. But in today's world of identity politics and argument based on who we think we are rather than what we think we know, saying sorry seems only to encourage the hate.

idunnosomename

"boo boo"

Get fucked you overpaid floppy fanny

Pink Gregory

You're not paid to make mistakes, cunt.

Doesn't matter if the mistake was corrected 'instantaneously', because information sharing is also instant.

You should know this.

Leo2112

"I rang two people who were eye witnesses who both told me that the adviser had – in the words of one – been "lamped""

This part is complete horseshit, I doubt Peston did any such due diligence.  I remember that day well, and all of the political editors leapt on this story straight away almost at the same time.  I suspect Peston would go pretty quiet if asked to name who these 'eyewitnesses' were, more likely that they don't exist.

Rizla

Sorry Pesto but what's "identity politics" got to do with your broadcasting a lie (which made the lefty protestors look like violent thugs) and getting caught? Dickhead.