Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:55:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bee Gees Bio-Pic

Started by SteveDave, November 01, 2019, 10:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

https://www.nme.com/news/music/new-bees-gees-biopic-way-producer-bohemian-rhapsody-2563401

Christmas Day.

SCENE ONE

INT. BACKSTAGE CLIVE ANDERSON TALKS BACK

ROBIN and MAURICE are chatting indistinctly in the background. BARRY looks pensive. He crawls over to them and rises from all fours.

BARRY "I've got a bad feeling about this show guys"

MAURICE "You've always got a bad feeling Baz!"

ROBIN "Yeah! Chill out man!"

BARRY "I don't know...don't you remember what DAD said...way back in Australia?"

CROSSFADE to a BEACH in AUSTRALIA

An older man in a full suit (DAD) tells three young boys (BARRY, MAURICE and ROBIN)

DAD (in Australian accent) "Nah, ya flamin' gallas, listen! Beware...urgh"

DAD dies on the beach. BARRY falls to his knees

BARRY "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Man I'm tired.

BlodwynPig

Another beige biopic, who next? Coldplay surely in 10 years.

Bazooka

I've personally just crowdfunded a £20,000,000 Steps biopic with convicted nonce Ian Watkins to star as Ian "H from Steps" Watkins.

Bad Ambassador

The lack of a Pink Floyd biopic is, I'm sure, largely to do with rights issues and Waters being a prick. They had such an incredible story, it's too good not to turn into a film.

Butchers Blind

Has there been a full Beatles biopic from start to split?  I know theres been films about the time in Germany but a full career spanning one?

Surely "Rylan" off the telly will play the one who stands in the middle.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Cant wait to see the scene in which they come up with the rhythm for Stayin' Alive while performing CPR on someone.

SteveDave

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 01, 2019, 12:06:37 PM
Has there been a full Beatles biopic from start to split?  I know theres been films about the time in Germany but a full career spanning one?

I think because their story is so well known a full soup to nuts one wouldn't work. Now expand this https://vimeo.com/273978693 into a full feature and I'm in.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Butchers Blind on November 01, 2019, 12:06:37 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_(2019_film)

There's several about Lennon at various stages of life, but nothing about the band as a whole that post-dates Birth of the Beatles and Backbeat.

A bit of digging finds that Bruno Koschmider, who owned various clubs the Fabs played at in Hamburg, has been played in different productions by Richard "The Colonel in Allo Allo" Marner and Alex "director of Repo Man" Cox.

Gulftastic

If they include the tosser line, will the film be 'BeeGees (pg)'?