Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:59:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I just had a rare steak

Started by thecuriousorange, November 02, 2019, 07:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think it was maybe more pink that it should be and now my stomach feels funny. Is it time to panic?

imitationleather

Unless it was a steak made of pork no not really.

Twed

Not really, there's not much potential for food poisoning from beef that hasn't been reformed and had the outside seared (i.e. all parts exposed to air have been cooked).

Your body probably doesn't like that you had a big dinner.

imitationleather

Quote from: imitationleather on November 02, 2019, 07:04:59 PM
Unless it was a steak made of pork no not really.

Actually I just Googled it and apparently it's been declared safe to eat raw pork? WTF?!

Maybe that advice is for dogs I dunno.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I just fished a bunch of packets of chicken breasts out of the skip behind the Tesco Express, drained all the chicken juices into a pint glass and downed it in one. Tasted alright. Is it time to panic?

imitationleather

Now Google is telling me that in Japan raw chicken is a delicacy?!

Twit 2

This thread will end well...unlike the cow.

imitationleather

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Really sorry to hear that, you've probably got a cow growing inside you now.

weekender

You are not going to get immediate food poisoning from a rare steak unless you're a millennial.

I assume we're talking about rare steak as in lightly cooked rather than from, say, a pangolin or bonobo.

Really sad that thecuriousorange has a pangolin growing inside him.

weekender

Quote from: imitationleather on November 02, 2019, 07:06:54 PMMaybe that advice is for dogs I dunno.

It's all about what foods animals can eat in the wild.

I, using me as an an example, once knew an old lady who swallowed a fly. 

She died, but how she ended up there was a travesty.

weekender

Quote from: DistressedArea on November 02, 2019, 07:30:31 PM
Really sad that thecuriousorange has a pangolin growing inside him.

I shall play the pangolin tonight, and I shall play it sadly.

Thursday

Quote from: imitationleather on November 02, 2019, 07:10:21 PM
Now Google is telling me that in Japan raw chicken is a delicacy?!

Raw meat is actually very healthy. Of course all the oven and kitchenware companies don't want you to know about this.

touchingcloth

Steaks are never rare now that we've got the Internet, you can just torrent them.

Sebastian Cobb

Vaccination has taken all the fun out of undercooked chicken. In Europe at least.

Twed

Quote from: Thursday on November 02, 2019, 08:53:05 PM
Raw meat is actually very healthy. Of course all the oven and kitchenware companies don't want you to know about this.
It's all a ploy by "Big Warmth".

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on November 02, 2019, 07:12:36 PM

#healthy
that really makes me feel ill and it was cooked as a joke but if chicken was raised free of salmonella it'd be fine. It's just that's basically impossible

Paul Calf

Quote from: imitationleather on November 02, 2019, 07:12:36 PM

#healthy

Raw chicken is 'clean eating'?

People like that deserve to die of salmonella.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Just about to have a curry and now wish I was dead.

Twed

bgmnts

How do you eat raw meat and not get Salmonella?

Mate of mine years ago got woken up by his mum asking if he'd eaten the barbecue chicken when he'd got in the previous night. He admitted that he had then his mum told him that it was raw and was marinating. He said he could immediately remember the texture and went into a 3 day hangover, throwing up each time he thought about it.

idunnosomename

Quote from: bgmnts on November 02, 2019, 09:45:06 PM
How do you eat raw meat and not get Salmonella?
the meat isnt infected with salmonella

If you eat raw chicken you will probably survive. But theres also a roll of the dice between youll be both ending for the next couple of days

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: kenneth trousers on November 02, 2019, 09:49:17 PM
Mate of mine years ago got woken up by his mum asking if he'd eaten the barbecue chicken when he'd got in the previous night. He admitted that he had then his mum told him that it was raw and was marinating. He said he could immediately remember the texture and went into a 3 day hangover, throwing up each time he thought about it.

I once found some 'cake' in the back of the fridge. Only it wasn't cake, it was brie that had gone off and the top had gone brown like the chocolate bit on an eclair.