Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Jeff Goldblum #cancelled?

Started by Great White Ape, November 03, 2019, 02:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great White Ape

Jeff Goldblum is trending on Twitter. Half of them he's promoting his new album but the other half are stories of him being a "serial creep" and "sexual predator", which are doing the rounds on Facebook and other social media websites.

It's hard to tell whether the accounts making these claims are for real or just some far right chud's idea of a parody. I mean, the one getting the most likes and retweets identifies as a 21 year old "muslim queer enby" and "social justice warlock" who even says "I am a law student, you don't need to define "proof" to me. if first-person accounts aren't proof enough for you then you're not going to believe anything" (another identifies as an "autistic indigequeer"). I know it's just as likely that I'm out-of-touch with how young people act and what's authentic these days but, on the other hand, if I wanted to muddy the waters around advocates for topics like this, this is exactly the kind of crap I'd come out with.

The only thing I can remember about Goldblum is Jodie Foster joking about him being a "walking lawsuit" and that it was pretty much accepted that he's going a bit handsy with you, in a way only he could get away with. And the stories do seem to be of this vein, except that it's not so much Schwarzenegger-style groping as, uhh, Jeff admiring your clothes or Jeff reading your palm without you asking. There are also claims of him stalking women, though the only one I could find was Jeff buying someone lunch, asking for her number, which they declined to give, and then calling her place of work to find her. Looks creepy if you leave it at that and don't give any further details, but, though calling someone's workplace is not something I would personally do, there could have been all sorts of things said during that lunch that would explain his behaviour (for one, she could have told him where she works and given him some sign that they were at least friendly and would be happy to see him again).

I don't know, is there more to this I'm not seeing? Anyone here work in the entertainment industry?

Paul Calf

He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could, he didn't stop to think if he should.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 03, 2019, 02:11:29 PM
He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could, he didn't stop to think if he should.

BRAVO!

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man reads palm without asking.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Main impression everyone has of Jeff Goldblum is here is creepy guy with large hands, isn't it?

I saw whispers about this on social media a while back but thought it wasn't worth bringing up here until a journalist had done some fact checking and written it up

bgmnts

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 03, 2019, 02:22:06 PM
I saw whispers about this on social media a while back but thought it wasn't worth bringing up here until a journalist had done some fact checking and written it up

Pure integrity on show

NJ Uncut

Thought it was common knowledge he is basically a madcap zany cunt, but not in a #cancel way

Oh well, bring the evidence forth. Nobody should be spared if they did something wrong.

Nowhere Man

This all seems to be based on nothing really in particular, just one lone twit  calling Goldblum a creep. No one else is even talking about it, the only reason he's trending is that he made an appearance on Sunday Brunch.

Nothing to see here people. You can keep your VHS copy of Jurassic Park.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 03, 2019, 02:29:43 PM
shut da fuck up

Seriously though you fucking love the rumour mill, balls deep every time

Great White Ape

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 03, 2019, 02:34:38 PM
This all seems to be based on nothing really in particular, just one lone twit  calling Goldblum a creep. No one else is even talking about it, the only reason he's trending is that he made an appearance on Sunday Brunch.

Nothing to see here people. You can keep your VHS copy of Jurassic Park.

Eh? There's definitely more than one person talking about it, as far as I see, but yes that one lone twit is making a big thing of it.

Icehaven

What next, Bill Murray the puppy murderer?

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 03, 2019, 02:39:35 PM
Seriously though you fucking love the rumour mill, balls deep every time

Trust you to be weird and catty about this

NJ Uncut

Was about to knock his filmography apart from The Fly then I remembered he was in The Right Stuff and Grand Budapest Hotel, so that's that post knackered.

Norton Canes

He was on TV today with Tim Lovejoy, I can only assume in an attempt to find someone he's nicer than

Paul Calf

To be crystal clear, I'm not insinuating anything about Shoulders there except that he's been a weird concern troll on this subject from the start. Not implying anything beyond that.

And this didn't even need to come up! I thought that my initial comment in this thread was fairly innocuous and agreeable, but some people have weird axes to grind

Paul Calf

Now that's enough! I'll stand by and let many things pass but I will never stay silent while someone accuses me of being a LARPer.

* Paul Calf rolls a 1-1 for comedy.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 03, 2019, 03:06:36 PM
To be crystal clear, I'm not insinuating anything about Shoulders there except that he's been a weird concern troll on this subject from the start. Not implying anything beyond that.

And this didn't even need to come up! I thought that my initial comment in this thread was fairly innocuous and agreeable, but some people have weird axes to grind

Personal grudges won't Fly on this thread.

Some attitudes are positively Jurassic.

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 03, 2019, 03:43:26 PM
Personal grudges won't Fly on this thread.

Some attitudes are positively Jurassic.

oh we're Beyond Therapy now

Dex Sawash

madhair60

I heard he wore a bairn on each finger like Hula Hoops.

Edit: Hula Hoops isn't the name of a film, I do mean the crisps. Cheers

thenoise

BlodwynPig

shiftwork2

Famously sellotapes himself to the ceiling for kicks.

Twed

We're going to have to get over this culture of worshiping actors and musicians as minor deities, because sooner or later somebody is going to find out that they touched somebody's buns without permission. All of them.