Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:54:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Jeff Goldblum #cancelled?

Started by Great White Ape, November 03, 2019, 02:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Cultural appropriation is not automatically bad anyway. Without it everyone would just be in their own cultural swim lanes

bgmnts

Quote from: phantom_power on November 09, 2019, 02:20:20 PM
Cultural appropriation is not automatically bad anyway. Without it everyone would just be in their own cultural swim lanes

Racist.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on November 09, 2019, 02:20:20 PM

Indeed.

Urinal Cake

In this instance it's meh- it looks shit anyway.

Mister Six

Unless cultural appropriation directly impacts the livelihoods of oppressed minorities (white people making dreamcatchers or boomerangs, say), I find it hard to give a toss.

Captain Z

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 09, 2019, 02:00:54 PM
In lighter #cancelled news, someone came for Nina Kraviz for doing her hair in corn rows.
https://mixmag.net/read/nina-kraviz-responds-criticism-cornrows-news

It's that classic thing of people deciding what's cultural appropriation in America then applying it, cookie cutter elsewhere for drama. The same thing happened to Lorde and she basically told them to fuck off.

They're both dj's who make a living playing music that has wholesale lifted off of generations of black music fighting over what people are allowed to do with their hair. It's absurd.

Surely she's OK because of her father Lenny's heritage?