Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:00:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Name that mid-'90s Scottish Noise Rock band (SOLVED)

Started by Sin Agog, November 04, 2019, 01:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Been googling myself silly but I still can't find them. Think their name began with a P but don't hold me to that.  They switched between a guy and a girl singer, with the guy being an unhinged screamy bloke who prob'ly grew up feral in some abandoned Highlands farm, while the girl was a bit more demure and melodic.  Remember they had a track at the end of one of their albums where the audience bum-rushed the stage and started screaming into the mic

A thousand salaams or a fuck you ya useless fecks in advance!

Ferris

This will drive me fucking bonkers. I hope for an answer soon.

chveik

thought it was Prolapse at first, but they're from Leicester and I don't recall the guy ever screaming

alright cheers

Sin Agog

Quote from: chveik on November 04, 2019, 01:46:00 AM
thought it was Prolapse at first, but they're from Leicester and I don't recall the guy ever screaming

alright cheers

No, no, it's Prolapse, for sure!  Guess the rest of the band were English toffs but that bloke's definitely as Scottish as can be. Thanks!! Prolapse.  You'd think not a name you could easily forget.

And I think I was confusing seeing them play this track live (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2qroI-VWDNY).  In the gig I went to it wasn't just the two of them hurling insults at each other, they got all of us to go onstage and insult them too!

I loved that little era of spiky, motoriky bands like Th' Faith Healers, Moonshake and them.  Ta again, chveik!

(Highly recommend Prolapse's The Italian Flag and Pointless Walks to Dismal Places now I can remember who they are).

One of Holmes' shorter mysteries, then.

chveik

Neville Chamberlain

One of my favourites. Ghosts of Dead Aeroplanes is a stunning album, too, maybe a little less spikey and abrasive overall than its predecessors...