Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How childish are you?

Started by Blue Jam, November 04, 2019, 02:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Last night I had a few glasses of wine and ended up watching an episode of The Sooty Show and laughing my head off every time Sweep appeared.

Today at werk we're having some kind of mental health/wellbeing awareness day where staff could pick up a free plant for their desks. I just had to choose a cactus and go for the one that looked the most phallic, didn't I?

38 I was... There is no hope...

H-O-W-L

It's good to have a few childish chuckles here and there. I fucking hate people who think you have to entirely dispense with all mirth once you reach a mystically nebulous age.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: H-O-W-L on November 04, 2019, 02:18:19 PM
It's good to have a few childish chuckles here and there. I fucking hate people who think you have to entirely dispense with all mirth once you reach a mystically nebulous age.

I believe most humour should be exempt from the term childishness. Except maybe pranks and suchlike. Real childishness for me is sulking and being unable to deal with daily life in a mature and grown up way. This means I am very childish. I don't even have a full driving licence and I'm 40. State of it.

Norton Canes

shiftwork2

Never lost my weakness for Sweep.  The superdog episode remains my favourite comedy thing.  I am 47.

Blue Jam

Sweep is a complete legend to be fair. I could go on YouTube right now and find the one where they go to a garden centre and Sweep gets obsessed with buying some slug pellets which are on special offer and repeatedly squeaking "SPECIAL! OFFER!" (in Sweep language) but it would probably end me.

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 04, 2019, 02:25:14 PM
I believe most humour should be exempt from the term childishness. Except maybe pranks and suchlike. Real childishness for me is sulking and being unable to deal with daily life in a mature and grown up way. This means I am very childish. I don't even have a full driving licence and I'm 40. State of it.

I can't drive and I don't own a home, but that's just normal these days innit?

I have a pension and an ISA and I go to the dentist regularly so I am capable of doing grown-up things. In between playing too many video games and deciding on the names of beers my imaginary microbrewery will produce.

madhair60

thenoise

non capisco

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 04, 2019, 02:31:15 PM
Sweep is a complete legend to be fair. I could go on YouTube right now and find the one where they go to a garden centre and Sweep gets obsessed with buying some slug pellets which are on special offer and repeatedly squeaking "SPECIAL! OFFER!" (in Sweep language) but it would probably end me.

Fuck yeah, that sounds hilarious! "Sweep gets obsessed with buying some slug pellets" is a glorious enough sentence in itself.

I'm sure you've seen the one where all of Sweep's extended family turn up unannounced, the relevant clip was doing the rounds on social media recently.

https://twitter.com/archivetvmus71/status/1090310637102747648

Man, that delivers. The patriachal Sweep looking lordly in top hat and cape and his wife, Sweep with a bonnet and glasses drawn on in black pen. And of course there's an Australian Sweep with a corkscrew hat. A cacophany of Sweeps.

bgmnts

Spent a day with a woman last week and was an absolute fucking hyper child around her. Pissing herself silly but still I have something wrong with me.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 04, 2019, 02:49:00 PM
Spent a day with a woman last week and was an absolute fucking hyper child around her. Pissing herself silly but still I have something wrong with me.

That's puppy love

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Sebastian Cobb

lankyguy95

I'm not childish at all you big poo face.

NJ Uncut

Don't think I'm dead immature but today got the giggles

One of the boys said he heard someone having a J. Arthur in the shitter. Like, Uh uh uh and the sound of slapping on fabric.

The managing director later saw "evidence" that someone was doing it (!)

Like an idiot I told my female mate who replies immediately with THAT'S DISGUSTING and it just set me off

These are the bogs I moaned about being constantly shit in, a hundred men for four cubicles. So.. Big men arses farting and shitting and leaving streaks of shite up the porcelain, and some fucker is there having a tug, as farting happens around him, shitting noises, plops, the lot, and he's there just going like gang busters to milk his trouser snake

My mate's simple comment has cracked me up since! Just the straightforward, say what you see innocence of it, juxtaposed with my needlessly telling her, while knowing the truth about how depraved it is.. Go in at any time and all you can hear is the sounds of shites being dropped off, and against that backdrop.. IT'S DISGUSTING

Proper LOL stuff

Blue Jam

Icehaven

Have you seen the episode where Sweep has a big family reunion and they're overrun with all these other Sweeps in various costumes and wigs? It's amazing, there's even one with Scouse 'alright alright' curly black hair.

This is it, from about 15 mins.
https://youtu.be/hDhBW3ksdl4

Edit: Just realised someone's beaten me to it!

idunnosomename

Not sure if this would've been his era but Mr Biffo from Digitiser wrote some Sooty scripts

https://www.digitiser2000.com/main-page/scripts-of-my-years-part-five-sooty-by-mr-biffo

Blue Jam

I think this needs to be split off into a Sooty Show thread...

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 04, 2019, 04:46:15 PM
I think this needs to be split off into a Sooty Show thread...

Do we really need to make such Sweeping changes?

NJ Uncut

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

On the other hand, some people might really like the idea of splitting off the thread, and when asked " Should we do this? " might offer the reply " COR! You BET(T)!"*

( * Like Harry or Matthew Corbett)

I still soil myself and have to be cleaned and changed by a grown-up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 04, 2019, 06:40:28 PM
I still soil myself and have to be cleaned and changed by a grown-up.

The correct phrase is 'done toilet'.

oy vey

flotemysost

I have a tendency to be really tickled by silly little details of things which aren't even that funny. E.g. recently discovered that in Romanian Burger King, a Chicken Royale is called 'Long Chicken'. Now the phrase keeps popping into my head at inopportune moments and making me wheeze with laughter, I think it's the simplicity and literalness that does it.

<tag>Tarantino considers rewrite</tag>

PlanktonSideburns

Cold Meat Platter

The Sesame Street aliens (Yip-Yips) are ridiculously funny to me still. The mouths, the noises, just fucking great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTc3PsW5ghQ

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 04, 2019, 09:14:10 PM
The correct phrase is 'done toilet'.

That's right - 'done toilet' is the term used by the... professionals I employ (at £100 an hour) to do the necessary (application of talc and post-feed burping extra). Can I be rude and ask how much you pay?