Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Spencer CANCELLED

Started by Dr Rock, November 05, 2019, 03:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Quote from: madhair60 on November 05, 2019, 09:30:29 AM
What he deserves can no longer be stated on CaB

And nothing was lost.

idunnosomename

new five finger death punch lyrics leaked

Bennett Brauer

Typical CaB safety in numbers pile-on.

petril

he should still, to take a phrase from certain football fans, follow his leader

thenoise

WHOOS THE REEL FASHISTS???!?

This is why you shouldn't have heroes, kids.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 05, 2019, 08:16:31 AM
I switched on the VPN and looked it up. To save you the bother, it's a derogatory and archaic name for someone who's one-eighth Afro-Caribbean.

I don't know what cultural connotations it has in this instance.

That's ridiculous - surely octa means eight of, not an eighth, they should be using 'quavers' instead?

bgmnts

That audio recording just reminds me of Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Dr Trouser on November 05, 2019, 10:16:23 AM
That's ridiculous - surely octa means eight of, not an eighth, they should be using 'quavers' instead?

In weather forecasting an octa is a unit equivalent to one eighth of the sky, used in measuring cloud cover.

Moribunderast

Fuck, this leaked outburst is really gonna hurt him with his target demographic. Praying for my bae.

idunnosomename

I hate racists so i wouldnt eat all of him

Dex Sawash

You all would probably get pretty wound up when you get home from Chick-fil-A and find there's no straw in the bag too.

Buelligan

By the time he's finished with us, we'll all need a straw to eat our chicken through.

Dex Sawash

Has anyone done one of those unfunny downfall videos with this yet?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Richard Spencer may be interested to know that a pulmonary hematoma is a collection of blood within the tissue of the lung. It may result when a pulmonary laceration fills with blood. A lung laceration filled with air is called a pneumatocele. In some cases, both pneumatoceles and hematomas exist in the same injured lung.

I too was interested, purely academically of course, to read of this physiological occurrence.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 05, 2019, 08:16:31 AM
I switched on the VPN and looked it up. To save you the bother, it's a derogatory and archaic name for someone who's one-eighth Afro-Caribbean.

I don't know what cultural connotations it has in this instance.

I wish I could remember where in my childhood I did the module on old-fashioned racist terms for different fractions of race mixing: octoroon, quadroon, etc. There were probably pirates involved, and wenches.

king_tubby

I remember reading all those terms in James Lee Burke's crime novels set in Cajun Louisiana which dwelt a lot on race.

Cardenio I

it's always the ones you least suspect

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on November 05, 2019, 10:40:11 AM
In weather forecasting an octa is a unit equivalent to one eighth of the sky, used in measuring cloud cover.

Ah well fair enough then, glad they've got their racist etymology up to snuff. Bit dissapointed in the meterological lads not having anything after octa though. Octasky, Octafirmiment,

kngen

If there's one constant in the post-WWII ultra-right, it's that they reach some sort of critical mass of popularity, which sends them all a bit power-mad and they start murdering each other (from George Lincoln Rockwell to Combat 18 - it's uncanny). When they adopted the leaderless resistance approach, there was less chance of this, which was worrying and depressing, but the alt-right seem to be reverting to type (see also: Proud Boys, Identity Evropa) - keep on keepin' on, chaps!

thenoise

I used to find the infighting and various splinter factions of the BNP fascinating around peak-BNP time (Griffin era). Dare I suggest that there is a tasteless knock-about farce to be made about this era, their various ham-fisted attempts to appeal to disaffected Euro-sceptic Tories, disillusioned old Labour working class union men, and their core audience of unrepentant racist old men without alienating any of them - and the various PR disasters that happen every time one of their core elite squadron of tattooed barely-reformed football hooligans opens their mouth near a TV camera. It'll be race hate-arious!!

Blumf

Speaking of which, what happened to Nick Griffin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin
QuoteIn March 2017, Griffin expressed a desire to emigrate to Hungary within six months. In May 2017, Griffin was banned from Hungary as he was perceived to be a "national security threat", according to security sources cited in the Hungarian weekly newspaper Magyar Narancs.

thenoise

My favourite Nick Griffin moment: Nick's racist cookery show

edit: skip to 10mins for a history of English cooking, and a funny (accidental) reference to the NNoCN Tory Conference sketch 'I like curry, but now we've got the recipes, do we really need them?'

bgmnts

Oh god i remember this. Even at the time I remember thinking it was the Rowan Atkinson Tory "now that we have the recipe do we really need them to stay?" taken seriously.

thenoise

Ha ha, pre-empted my edit :) yes it really is.

It's quite a nice kitchen though.

jobotic

You say Spencer is a racist but can any of you actually give an example of his racism? No you can't. I WIN.

poo

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Noonling on November 05, 2019, 06:20:53 AMEDIT: Richard Simmons, Richard Spencer, same thing.

Glad I'm not the only one!

NTNOCN Tory Party conference sketch reference is here for anyone who's interested enough to watch but not enough to search. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB0ZOu_EZ2M&t=45s