Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Tory Book of Lies

Started by Buelligan, November 05, 2019, 10:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I liked it when Biggy politely called anyone who disagreed with him mentally ill, or pretended to forget people's user names. He was so polite.

Phil_A

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 07, 2019, 05:01:27 PM
Biggy and SWP are calm and polite, at least. I'd rather discuss politics with either of them than with anyone who is going to be wilfully obtuse reading someone's posts just so they can find an excuse to call them a cunt.

Oh that's okay then. The content of their posts doesn't matter, they're "calm and polite". Fucking hell.

So SWP''s blatantly disingenuous crap about UC shouldn't be challenged, is that what you're saying?

Why is it that he claims to be anti-Tory but then pushes a line, in this case "most people on universal credit are doing fine" - that is in line with Tory propaganda? Does that not, at the very least, deserve deeper examination?

He's already managed to divert this thread away from it's original purpose, a classic tactic of biggy and other pol trolls. 

Blue Jam

Quote from: Phil_A on November 07, 2019, 05:22:18 PM
Oh that's okay then. The content of their posts doesn't matter

No.

QuoteSo SWP''s blatantly disingenuous crap about UC shouldn't be challenged, is that what you're saying?

No.

This is why people stay away from these threads. They're a total waste of energy.

pigamus

I'm people and I don't stay away from these threads.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on November 06, 2019, 07:06:10 PM
Typical hysteria from the usual quarters  re: my Tories comment.

The fact is, whether it's pallitable or not, all most people want to see is that their bins are collected on time, there's food on the shelves in the supermarket, and that, should they lose their job, there's some kind of safety net in place. That's it. All theses basic elements are there with the Tories. This isn't anything to do with thinking the Tories are good or actively liking them, it's about understanding the thought process of the average functional adult. Most people aren't ideologues. They don't give a shit about Thatcher and probably couldn't even spell 'neoliberalism'. They just want to see the wheels of industry turning and people who can give them a plausible chance at self-betterment. It's really no more complicated than that.

N.B. for the truly thick who need it spelling out: I'm not advocating voting for the Tory party. I'm spelling out why people vote for them. I'll repeat that: I'm spelling out why people vote for them, not making an argument for why they should be in power.

I'm not usually snarky but it was the patronising and insulting tone of this, coupled with the facile and mostly wrong content that was irksome.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: jobotic on November 07, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
I liked it when Biggy politely called anyone who disagreed with him mentally ill, or pretended to forget people's user names. He was so polite.

Or when I explained the heartbreak of losing two of my immediate family leading into my UC woe (then current) and he replied, quoting a bit of the post he must have read all of, with a pic of the Riddler which I took as either "you are a supervillain" or "you're talking shite". Yeah, lovely guy!

Anywho, the Tories lie, it's proven, glad the vast majority of you can see this

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 07, 2019, 05:24:50 PM
No.

No.

This is why people stay away from these threads. They're a total waste of energy.

which people? if it's politeness you're looking for, don't be condescending like that.

Fambo Number Mive

Should we discuss Universal Credit in this thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,76195.0.html

and use this thread for Tory lies like this one:

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1192459621195296771

QuoteNEW: Boris Johnson says in Scotland...

1. Labour have done a deal with the SNP

2. They'd hold a referendum next year

Both of these claims are lies.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteBoris Johnson has been accused of faking crowds at his campaign launch after photos emerged seeming to show huge open spaces around the supporters.

The Prime Minister launched the Conservative Party election campaign at the NEC in the West Midlands on Wednesday night, urging voters to "come with us".

He spoke to cheers from party members and activists, with some reports suggesting that there were only 500 handpicked members at the launch.

Images released show a packed crowd of supporters, even though the NEC hall was only about a third full...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-accused-faking-crowds-conservative-party-campaign-launch-100614392.html

poodlefaker

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 07, 2019, 05:54:53 PM
speaking of lies
He's the government's trade envoy to Israel. If Johnson wins he keeps the post, if Croybn wins, he's out. Funny he should have such opinions.

idunnosomename

Is paulie too poor a troll to be paid post contrarian memes replying to momentums twitter account so we get him

How insulting

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 07, 2019, 06:18:42 PM
#BeKindOnline

See more here *hand emoji pointing down*
https://twitter.com/PennyMordaunt/status/1192315044677267457?s=19

lol at the aircraft carrier in her banner. #BeViolentAtSea

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pigamus on November 07, 2019, 05:29:31 PM
I'm people and I don't stay away from these threads.

I'm not and that's why I'm here.

BlodwynPig

Blew my top hearing Austin on C4 talking about top to bottom racism in the Labour Party and defending the Torys on racism. Then Grieve comes on and says he agrees "Corbyn is a menace". Violently turn off the TV and mum says "it's just their opinion", expletives and accusations hurled at her. Wandering the streets now looking for Tories to menace.

BlodwynPig

Overheard through the window my wife telling my mother "the problem with Blodwyn is that he can't accept that the other side are right"

DEAD IN DITCH TONIGHT

idunnosomename

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 07, 2019, 07:43:44 PM
lol at the aircraft carrier in her banner. #BeViolentAtSea
#hatetrollsloveWAR

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 07, 2019, 07:55:06 PM
Overheard through the window my wife telling my mother "the problem with Blodwyn is that he can't accept that the other side are right"

fucking hell, poor Blods

BlodwynPig

olliebean

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 07, 2019, 05:54:53 PM
speaking of lies

Not a lie. The fact that it is an unpaid position doesn't change the fact that he is employed by the Tories.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 07, 2019, 07:55:06 PM

DEAD IN DITCH TONIGHT

Never mind Blods, whatever you do, do not, I repeat, DO NOT SCREAM FUCK OFF YOU TORY CUNTS in their dear faces.  Just smile calmly knowing how it's all going to go down when Corby wins.  I already have my machine oiled, sharpened and ready to go.

BlodwynPig

I have "already lost the argument" apparently

imitationleather

If I was still going out with my ex who was probably a Tory I think this General Election campaign is the time that would have truly tested whether I had it in me to be a murderer.

BlodwynPig

Dr Rock

I'd employ someone else (unpaid).

Buelligan

idunnosomename

Worst pic ever

Nick boles and are jess in a tent at glasto

idunnosomename

Oh i forgot boles resigned the whip. Anyway two tories for the price of none then