Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Solidarity with the South Western Railway strikers

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 05, 2019, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I think the idea of getting rid of train guards is terrible for train staff and passengers (especially disabled passengers). The only people who win are the big shareholders.

QuoteThe union has told its members not to book on for duty:

From 00:01 GMT on Monday 2 December until 23:59 on Wednesday 11 December
From 00:01 on Friday 13 December until 23:59 on Tuesday 24 December
From 00:01 on Friday 27 December 2019 until 23:59 on the 1 January

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50307665

Lots of idiots commenting underneath the BBC article.
Let's support the South Western Railway strikers

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMore on South Western Railway December strikes: senior RMT official says "We had a meeting with them 2 weeks ago in which they guaranteed a guard on every train, to dispatch the train and close the doors.
Now that deal's been pulled. We have no idea why."

https://twitter.com/gompertz/status/1191747420595609600

Sony Walkman Prophecies

They run a comically bad service. My SW train is late pretty much every day. Didn't even bother catching one of their trains into central this evening (exhibition on) as it was delayed and would no doubt be even more delayed getting into Waterloo. Therefore, I will support this strike, but only just slightly after its finished. Fair's fair.

Zetetic

This might well get me out of a family commitment, so I'm in for that even if I didn't broadly agree with them.

dallasman

God hates scabs!

edit: for some reason, I thought the Westboro Baptist Church had the word "South" in front of their name. Sorry if that came off sounding like a genuine sentiment.

Paul Calf

Attila

On the one hand, sure.

On the other, SWR is my means to get to work every day (which is already stressful as they're horrendous since the takeover) and to get to several important engagements in London in December. A month-long strike is going to seriously fuck up my situation and cause a hell of a lot of stress. A couple of these things are career-making opportunities for me, and yeah...

eta -- 'yeah' not in the sense of 'yeah I support the strike' as in 'yeah...personally, I'll be a bit fucked if this goes through so it's hard for me to have much sympathy for the action.'

BlodwynPig