Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite bit in the song Jet

Started by TheMonk, November 06, 2019, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMonk

For me it's when Paul and the rest of the band all go "Woo-oo-ooh wooh-ooh-ooh wooh-oo-ooh".

Dusty Substance

The rhyming of "Jet" and "Lady suffra-gette".

They're good Wings, aren't they?

The other night I listened to David Quantick on I Am The Eggpod talking about London Town, a Wings album I'd not heard before but there are some terrific songs on there. It inspired me to dig out Venus And Mars from the back of my "Keep? Sell?" box of records and give it a proper spin. Pretty decent record, pretty great band.

Please let's not have the Partridge quote on this thread - It's been 22 years.

Only the ba

For me it's the bit towards the end where it falls back into the introduction again. 

grassbath

All of it.

Wings were basically fucking glam rock for a good couple years, weren't they? 'Jet' is as camp as Christmas. All glitter and pomp and fuzz bass and sax. Great vocal, too, as ever.

wosl

No idea why, but whenever Jet first comes into the convo I always seem to start up Junior's Farm on the mental jukebox.  Came in here wondering which bit I'd go for, and then realised that once again it was JF that was spooling through the head.  Too many good bits in that one to boil it down (that's basically one long good bit, isn't it), but for Jet: probably the way cheeky Paul conflates/fudges "and yet" and "and Jet".  The little guitar/ivories break before the synth is smashing as well: DUH-NUR-DEN-AHH-DUH-NUR-DAAHH

a duncandisorderly

SteveDave

Guitar bit 0:08
Paul's shouting 0:13
Guitar bit and Paul's shouting 0:19
Bass synth (throughout)
First "Woo-oo-ooo-ooo-ooh" 0:57
"Sgt Majooooor 1:07
"Yee-eeee-eeet 1:17
"Much lateeeeeer" 1:51
"Ow!" 1;55
Piano bit 1:58
Synth solo 2:03
"A liddlelady!" 3:45
"Ooh" to sax outro 3:53

idunnosomename

Wings Greatest is only the compilation album The Best of The Beatles could've been

wosl

At least they went to an actual expanse of snowy terrain to take the cover pic for that, something those road-crossing slackers on the cover of Everest weren't prepared to do.