Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Yes its true; Joe Pera Talks with You series 2 starts a month from today, ok?

Started by Misspent Boners, November 06, 2019, 05:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

also thanks dewt, youre a ledge

im really worried somethings going to happen to that bean arch

DEWT YOU FUCKER, TELL ME THE BEAN ARCH IS GOING TO BE OK

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 18, 2020, 08:53:08 PM
panicking that things might go wrong in this

Heh, I have that sensation sometimes as well, but hopefully they won't. Or if they do, it will all be resolved by the end.

And I want to echo dewt's hard work too, they're nowhere else online that I can find so it's enormously appreciated, if we ever meet I will hug you like you've never been hugged before.

selectivememory

Oh, god. Those two episodes were beautifully done. Quietly devastating but heartwarming at the same time. It's such an unusual show, and I really struggled to get a handle on it at first. It's all very gentle and wholesome, and then it can knock you sideways, and always manages to be surprising.

Thanks to the CaB hivemind for putting me onto this by the way. He's an absolute treasure. And Conner O'Malley is one of those people who seems to improve every project he's involved in.

(and also cheers dewt, you're doing very important work)

Dewt

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 18, 2020, 08:54:31 PM
Heh, I have that sensation sometimes as well, but hopefully they won't. Or if they do, it will all be resolved by the end.

And I want to echo dewt's hard work too, they're nowhere else online that I can find so it's enormously appreciated, if we ever meet I will hug you like you've never been hugged before.
Thank you, although all I am doing is typing "rclone sync" when I get new episodes at this point

I like to automate my piracy

(I should state I am only sharing these because I know they're hard to get and this is increasing the show's chances more than harming them, IMO)

Dewt

Spoiler alert
Sarah taking over and doing the "talks to you" bit is one of the best examples of show-not-tell storytelling I can think of. Tore me apart, that bit, without a single mention of the actual events.

Everything about this was so expertly done. Joe's meek "uh hmm!" when Sarah asks him if he had a nice time with Mike. It's the perfect way of showing that Joe is not at all himself. Joe's disheveled appearance, and the long shot of the top of his head, showing his hair messy and balding. Joe not being Joe is devastating. Having Sarah take over was fucking brilliant.

And everybody is supportive of lovely Joe. They all clearly treasure him. Even the usually-oblivious Mike Melsky.
[close]

Mobius

Where can one watch Series 1 of this if they've never seen it please lads

Edit - many thanks Twed for sharing

Ant Farm Keyboard

Eps. 7-10 have just been posted as torrents and on the other usual places.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Mobius on January 18, 2020, 11:43:12 PM
Where can one watch Series 1 of this if they've never seen it please lads

Edit - many thanks Twed for sharing

Series 1 is on channel 4 i think

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/joe-pera-talks-with-you

Mobius

I don't live in England any more, so always have trouble with those 'on demand' sites :(

Small Man Big Horse

I'm only up to season 2 episode 8 as I'm doing my best not to binge watch it, as I love the show so much and want it to last as long as possible. I'm adoring it more than ever too, the fake Janeane Garafalo video tricked me completely but made me laugh a huge amount, and Joe's attempt at proposing was heartbreaking but very sweet and what followed made me smile a lot. One thing which really caught me off guard though was "Women Dies Sledding 2014", which I can only presume automatically played after a previous video, rather than it being one of either Joe or Sarah's selections.

Dewt

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dewt on January 21, 2020, 09:22:36 PM
I think this was just Joe fooling around.

I don't know, I just rewatched it and I don't think it was in any way planned and just a spur of the moment thing, but I don't think Joe would have been unhappy if she'd said yes.

Dewt

To me it seemed like it was there to show how well they had got to know each other. That Joe could do that and she'd know it was a joke.

He had that mischievous smile on his face.

PlanktonSideburns

that flashmob thing totally threw me - was it really Janeane Garafalo? had me laughing in a dizzy and confused way

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dewt on January 21, 2020, 09:33:36 PM
To me it seemed like it was there to show how well they had got to know each other. That Joe could do that and she'd know it was a joke.

He had that mischievous smile on his face.

I think you've won me round, and Joe definitely would have been upset if he really did mean it, so yeah, you're all but definitely right.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 21, 2020, 09:35:12 PM
that flashmob thing totally threw me - was it really Janeane Garafalo? had me laughing in a dizzy and confused way

It was, though I had to google it to see if it was real or not afterwards as it did fool me.

Dewt

New episode out. You can find it on my link if you don't have legit access.

Dewt

Here's a fun thing: if you got that latest episode from my share, it's all effed up. It's a double-length episode but the download screwed up and it only had the first half. So I've only seen half of that episode... no wonder I thought it was underwhelming.

There's something wrong with the timestamps in the version they put online, so youtube-dl doesn't grab the entire thing properly. I don't really have a solution.

Also people requesting access to that share: please don't use the email function because I can't reply if I don't know who you are. PM.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dewt on January 24, 2020, 11:09:00 PM
Here's a fun thing: if you got that latest episode from my share, it's all effed up. It's a double-length episode but the download screwed up and it only had the first half. So I've only seen half of that episode... no wonder I thought it was underwhelming.

There's something wrong with the timestamps in the version they put online, so youtube-dl doesn't grab the entire thing properly. I don't really have a solution.

Also people requesting access to that share: please don't use the email function because I can't reply if I don't know who you are. PM.

That's weird, and a shame too, but hopefully someone else online will be able to find a solution. It's either that or we buy you a video camera so you can do a shitty cam version, which I'd do if worse came to the worse such is my love for Joe.

prwc

If you have a VPN and set it to America you can stream it on the Adult Swim site. There's a torrent up on RarBG too.

A masterful finale, I tore up big time at that ending. It took me a while to adjust to the more plot driven nature of this second season, but now I think I may even slightly prefer it. It could be one of my favourite comedies ever now. The sincerity and wholesomeness, whilst still managing to be funny and avoid twee sentimentality is peerless and immensely valuable to me.

Dewt

Dewt

prwc

Quote from: Dewt on January 25, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
Good news: that wasn't the finale. Two more to come.

That's great to hear! The previous season ended on a double length one so I assumed that it was. It felt somewhat fitting but I'm definitely excited to see more.

Small Man Big Horse

Just watched 9 and 10 and fucking hell, that was one of the most affecting and touching things I've ever seen. And as Dewt mentioned above, the bit
Spoiler alert
where Sarah took over the narration
[close]
was beautifully done.

I finally watched the whole thing on the last couple days; again thanks so much Dewt the beaut for making that possible. Loved it for the most part...I guess there were maybe 2 or 3 episodes that weren't particularly memorable...but then I suppose by its nature this show is meant to be passive and in a way unspectacular viewing. It cant really go wrong.

The
Spoiler alert
sudden death of his Nana
[close]
really touched a nerve with me and made me cry; resonating with me pretty deeply. I also liked how the Youtube episode preceding that was so cozy and uneventful. It was an example of how one moment you can feel on top of the world, in a safe and cozy haven with someone you love, and then something so impacting can just come out of nowhere at any moment. I never thought I'd get choked up watching someone eating a meatball.

It's hard to produce something truly original these days but I think this show has done that on a wonderful level; the narratives and characters and the comedy are all truly unique. I find any scenes with Joe and Sarah so sweet it puts a lump in my throat. I dont know why I find it so emotionally affecting

Look forward to another series but hope they know when to end a good thing; this isnt something that should go on forever and I hope nothing too sad happens in the future.

kittens

just finished episode 11. the last two have made me cry like a baby. great show. i was sure that was the end, i can't believe there's more. they seem to know what they are doing though so i'm looking forward to it.

massive thanks to twed for uploading them.

Dewt

You're welcome but I don't remember giving you the password you hacker

Dewt

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE PASSWORD IS NO LONGER REQUIRED

KITTENS YOU ARE A FORMIDABLE HACKER

Dewt

Append 494caf60-16b2-4280-8cb2-79b13f342c7d to the url if you want the files again

I don't want to link to it because I don't want bots to crawl the files and send massive amounts of traffic there

PM me if you get stuck