Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yes its true; Joe Pera Talks with You series 2 starts a month from today, ok?

Started by Misspent Boners, November 06, 2019, 05:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

Ant Farm Keyboard

The last two episodes (12 and 13) are now available at the common places (that appear to be blocked from the UK). Just contact me if you want the files.

Dewt

Dewt

I liked
Spoiler alert
Sarah talking to the camera comfortably and casually, just like Joe. They're a real couple now.

Two very slight episodes, just as they should be. Life goes on is the message there.
[close]

Small Man Big Horse

Thank you for uploading this season, you gorgeous man you. I'm still only up to episode 10 as I'm trying to make it last for as long as I can, but once I've watched them I will post my thoughts here.

Thursday

Small Man Big Horse

I've finished this now and dear god the show better return or I'm going to be furious, it's so warm and sweet and filled with heartwarming loveliness that life would be a much shittier place without it, it's not the kind of show I can imagine running for many more years but I really hope we get at least one more season.

brat-sampson

Catching up with this and the final shot of Episode 5 (grocery shopping) took me a while to process before understanding and cracking up. This show is... phenomenal.

Dewt

phantom_power

I watched the first two the other night and really enjoyed it. I am very confused though about how much of it is a character and how much is Pera. That Colbert clip suggests it is pretty much him but that could just be in-character. I can't imagine someone as gentle as him getting on in the world of comedy and television.

Dewt

He's in character. I've seen old videos of him playing more of a bro-type character. He's just accentuating bits of observed personalities and traits of his own.

phantom_power

He is fucking good at it then. You can barely see the join and even when he is caught off-guard, or not really speaking, in that Colbert clip you couldn't tell

MojoJojo

I dunno, at times you can see he's really quiet muscular, which doesn't really match Joe's slack shouldered walk.

phantom_power

But he keeps that odd body position all the time, and all the little tics and motions are spot-on

Dewt

phantom_power

That's the thing. I have no idea what is acting, what is just him and what is some exaggeration of aspects of him.

Dewt

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Dewt on March 04, 2020, 03:13:21 PM
He's in character. I've seen old videos of him playing more of a bro-type character. He's just accentuating bits of observed personalities and traits of his own.

You mean this...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGaXpz8WesI&feature=youtu.be&t=37m6s

Not sure that that proves anything one way or the other. But it is fucking delightful.

Dewt

Nah there was something else but all links to it are to a video that's removed now.

selectivememory

Quote from: Dewt on March 04, 2020, 07:09:43 PM
Nah there was something else but all links to it are to a video that's removed now.

I think I saw the same thing a month or so ago, videos which have been made private or deleted now. Much more aggressive/boisterous performance in those sketches.

I assume his character is a similar to Nathan Fielder in that it's just a very exaggerated version of himself.

Dewt

Quote from: selectivememory on March 04, 2020, 07:19:09 PM
I think I saw the same thing a month or so ago, videos which have been made private or deleted now. Much more aggressive/boisterous performance in those sketches.
Probably politely requested them to be removed. I think they were uploaded by friends of his anyway.

phantom_power

Quote from: selectivememory on March 04, 2020, 07:19:09 PM

I assume his character is a similar to Nathan Fielder in that it's just a very exaggerated version of himself.

It is much easier to see the character in Fielder though.

Small Man Big Horse

Jo Firestone has turned up on Cameo with all proceeds going to charity, and is just £21 - https://www.cameo.com/jofirestone8?fbclid=IwAR3zKtHwTQ15Lvr6SYc9p3fJC9v28li34gKj0WIKlgdcBnZSJ2pVM4QC7f4 - a friend of mine will definitely be getting a Joe Pera themed message for his birthday now!

Ant Farm Keyboard

Joe Pera has put together a new special, "Relaxing Old Footage with Joe Pera", which will be released this week by Adult Swim.

According to his Instagram bio, it will premiere first on the Adult Swim website tomorrow, then it will air Friday at midnight.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on May 19, 2020, 09:59:49 AM
Joe Pera has put together a new special, "Relaxing Old Footage with Joe Pera", which will be released this week by Adult Swim.

According to his Instagram bio, it will premiere first on the Adult Swim website tomorrow, then it will air Friday at midnight.

Thanks for the heads up, I knew he was working on something (as I'm a member of the facebook fan group devoted to him which is filled with lots of genuinely lovely seeming people) but didn't know what, or when it'd air, and I'm really pleased to hear it'll be on so soon, I just hope it's not one of the shows on the website that demands you enter your cable network and password.

Dewt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-P2aN3-b4

Looks like it might be premiering on YouTube. From what I can tell the video isn't region-locked.

Small Man Big Horse

Well that was lovely, a little lightweight perhaps but calming and gentle and all rather amusing in general.

Dewt

It was. It was lovely, and still surprising and fresh in places.

I loved
Spoiler alert
"there's still time" about Kissinger.
[close]

Watching him at the aquarium was like observing an Animal Crossing character.