Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:53:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More creepy spooky unsolved-mystery stuff please

Started by Replies From View, November 06, 2019, 06:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Surprised that nobody started a thread of this in the Halloween season but better late than never I reckon.

Footage of people having psychotic episodes in a lift before making drinking water "taste funny"?  Yes please.  Likewise tales of people without identities turning up and confusing the shit out of everyone.  Could it have been an avalanche or a polar bear?  Why did they flee into the night and swap clothes?

Yes please everything like this, thank you.

PlanktonSideburns

BlodwynPig

touchingcloth

a duncandisorderly

wosl

JoeyBananaduck's account showing activity four months after his death.

(Probably something easily explainable, like a partner/sibling requesting and gaining access to PMs).

Rizla

I had one of those Mandolin Effects the other day - if you'd asked me when Sonny Bono died skiing I'd have said "ooh, early 80s?" but no, it was 1998 you guys.

Replies From View

I remain decidedly unspooked so far, dudes.  Maybe aim to be a bit more spooky.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on November 06, 2019, 06:54:20 PM
I remain decidedly unspooked so far, dudes.  Maybe aim to be a bit more spooky.

Try that thing where you pop a - clean! - toothbrush down your urethra bristles first. The spookiness of that is pure mint. And not because of the mint - like I say, clean!

Icehaven

Quote from: wosl on November 06, 2019, 06:49:16 PM
JoeyBananaduck's account showing activity four months after his death.

(Probably something easily explainable, like a partner/sibling requesting and gaining access to PMs).

Didn't his partner post to let the forum know what had happened? Can't remember if she posted with his account or a new one though. 

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 06, 2019, 06:58:52 PM
Try that thing where you pop a - clean! - toothbrush down your urethra bristles first.

Excellent plan, were it not for the fact that I lack urethra bristles.

wosl

holyzombiejesus

Why does Sponk never post in the threads that TFM is banned from?

touchingcloth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 06, 2019, 07:32:00 PM
Why does Sponk never post in the threads that TFM is banned from?

Which ones are they? I thought TFM was banned or gone for good - not seen them for yonks.

Icehaven

I didn't know you could be banned from individual threads. I might get myself banned from the film clichés thread as it's just ruining cinema for me.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 06, 2019, 07:35:30 PM
Which ones are they? I thought TFM was banned or gone for good - not seen them for yonks.

Neil has stated on a couple of occasions that TFM is back but has been told not to post on the Corbyn threads.

Absorb the anus burn

Richard Wattis dressed as a rat driving a big car.

Emma Raducanu

I've really got into this Ricardo Lopez who killed himself after sending bjork a chemical bomb. There's hours of homemade footage of him lamenting everything about his life. I just find it fascinating (and sad).

C_Larence

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brandon_Swanson

Young man goes to party, has a few drinks but not enough to be "visibly intoxicated". Drives his car into a ditch somewhere on the 30 mile drive home. Uninjured, but unable to get the car out the ditch he calls his parents to pick him up. He tells them he can see the lights of Lynd, a small city, and stays in his car flashing his headlights to signal his parents. After 45 minutes of no success, still on the phone, he shouts "Oh shit" and the call goes dead. Cell phone records show he was actually 25 miles away from where he said he was, and his car is eventually found, but a body has never been recovered.

holyzombiejesus

Alien abduction or KGB? The baffling case of the miner whose body was found on a pile of coal

'Ziggy' Adamski disappeared from his home and his body was found 20 miles away on a coal pile.

The disappearance of a Yorkshire miner in 1980 left police baffled and prompted 'alien abduction' conspiracy theories.

Zigmund Adamski went missing in mysterious circumstances from his home in Thornfield Crescent at Tingley, near Wakefield, in June 1980.

The 56-year-old miner at Lofthouse Colliery – who was known to many as 'Ziggy' – had set off on June 6 on a walk to the local shops to buy groceries.

It was the last time that Polish-born Mr Adamski was seen alive. His wife Lottie's initial suspicion was that he had been kidnapped.

Five days after he disappeared, coal yard worker Trevor Parker found his body on top of a 10ft high pile of coal at his father's coal yard in Todmorden, around 20 miles from Tingley.

He was wearing a suit but his shirt was missing, as were his watch and wallet. His clothes were said to be 'improperly' fastened and he had only one day of beard growth.

Mr Adamski's hair had also been cropped short in a 'roughly cut' manner.

His body was also covered in burn marks, on his head, neck and shoulders. His face, it was reported, showed 'absolute terror' but there were no injuries to explain the cause of death.

The burns were said to be covered in a strange ointment which could not be identified by scientists.

What had happened to him and how did he end up in Todmorden?

Those questions haven't been answered but this hasn't stopped speculation and the development of some quite outlandish theories.

One tabloid newspaper suggested that Zigmund had been abducted and killed by aliens and his body dumped on top of the coal pile.

Others put forward theories that he had been killed by KGB forces or had been left dazed and confused after being struck by 'ball lightning' or some other unidentified phenomenon.

The 'alien abduction' theories were given a further boost by Alan Godfrey, the policeman who had been called to the Todmorden coal yard when Mr Adamski's body had been found.

In November 1980, five months after Mr Adamski's body was found, Constable Godfrey had his own encounter with a UFO less than a mile away from the coal yard.

The respected policeman made a sketch of the UFO and later, under hypnosis, told a story about being taken aboard the UFO and given a physical examination by two non-human entities. The policeman's UFO story made headlines around the world.

Mr Godfrey, now 70, told the Examiner that the story he told under hypnosis was probably merely a dream, adding: "I never said I was abducted by aliens."

However, he believes it's possible that Adamski WAS taken by aliens.

"I am open minded. I can't rule it out."

Mr Godfrey doesn't believe Mr Adamski was murdered, although he said a more senior police colleague in 1980 believed he had been killed.

He thinks that Mr Adamski didn't die where he was found but had been placed there "by someone or something."

He added: "He was on top of the coal pile on his back with not a bit of coal on him. His eyes were wide open and he had burn marks. Why would he climb up a stack of coal?"

Although the coroner recorded an open verdict, ruling that Mr Adamski had died of a heart attack, Mr Godfrey says there are unanswered questions.

"There was some ointment on the back of his neck. Samples were sent to a Home Office laboratory which couldn't identify it."

Mr Godfrey said he would never forget the look on Mr Adamski's face.

"Those eyes were staring up at me. I was looking down on him from a foot away. Those eyes sent a shudder down my spine. They were wide open. He had a look of someone who had seen something or someone that had scared him to death."

He added: "Something or someone put him on top of that pile of coal. And something scared him to death."

Later, Mr Godfrey spoke to the pathologist who carried out the post mortem on Mr Adamski's body.

"He said it was a classic case of someone who had been scared to death."

The former policeman has no idea how the body ended up on the coal pile.

"How he got there I don't know. I think something put him there."

Mr Godfrey, who recently self-published a book which includes details of the Adamski case, said it had similarities with the alleged alien abduction of American logger Travis Walton in Arizona in 1975.

"He (Travis Walton) went missing for five days and he turned up alive. There are similarities."

Almost 40 years on the case continues to fascinate investigators and those interested in unexplained deaths.

In Tingley local people still talk about the case.

Neil Beecham, who in 1980 was a reporter on the Morley Observer, said: "Mr Adamski's mysterious disappearance 37 years ago has always troubled me and is a topic of conversation for the tight-knit community of Tingley, even to this day."

Some commentators have suggested that Mr Adamski may have been abducted – but not by extra-terrestrials.

Ten years ago, two British UFO investigators looked again at the case. According to reports, they discovered that at the time he disappeared Mr Adamski was in the midst of a feud with a family member who was having marital problems and had moved in with the Adamski couple.

The investigators believed that Mr Adamski's disappearance may have been an abduction linked to the feud.

Mr Godfrey has no information on this angle but said: "We had no reason to suspect any members of the family."

Les Hewitt, in an article for Historic Mysteries, says the family members believed Mr Adamski had been abducted and held in a barn before having a heart attack.

He concludes: "The bizarre facts of this case – clothes that were improperly fastened, the body dumped atop a coal heap without noticeable disturbance, burns that were reported to be only two days old with an unidentified gel substance, only one day of beard growth, and another strange encounter with a UFO by the police investigator – lead us to imagine all kinds of possible outcomes."

A writer for website The Iron Skeptic concluded that aliens played no part in Mr Adamski's death.

"This case is just another example of a story that sounds good at first, but that dissolves under direct scrutiny. As are so many stories of space alien abduction."

James Turnbull, the coroner who dealt with Mr Adamski's death, told the BBC in 2003 that it was the biggest mystery of his career - but he wasn't convinced by any of the theories relating to paranormal activity.

He said: "The question of where he was before he died and what led to his death just could not be answered."

The questions are unlikely to ever be answered.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said this week: "The Adamski case is not part of any current investigation by the Protective Services (Crime) department."

* Alan Godfrey's book, Who or What Were They? is available through eBay.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/unsolved-baffling-case-missing-miner-14150127

Solitary brother... is there still a part of you who wants to live?

canadagoose

Quote from: Darles Chickens on November 06, 2019, 08:54:48 PM
My first thought when I saw that story above too.

Icehaven

Kryton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYbrlG4BAU Part 1

Basically a guy explores abandoned mines all across the USA. He has LOTS of videos of him going down old shaftways (I bet he does... etc) and exploring the tin mines, coal mines, copper mines and recounting the history of the places. All his videos are genuinely interesting if you're into urban exploration and he never gives off any clues that he's a crank or anything of the sort.

Anyways he visits Horton mines twice I believe. In there for the first time he says he hears whispering and feels uneasy and at one point he notices some old chains are swinging in the darkness (although it does look the video cuts out before and after), but it's an odd video.

Later he revisits it after doing some research. And well... it's equally weird. The sounds of a weird garbled voice as if coming from a radio and weird machine noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCy8iWxf1Us Part 2

There's another video seemingly debunking it, but even if it's fake it's really good and subtle.
Edit: The debunking video seems to debunk another video by the urban explorer and suggests that if he faked one video then he may have faked his previous videos. But either way they're creepily entertaining.

Quote from: Darles Chickens on November 06, 2019, 08:54:48 PM

Well, well, well.  Nobody's gonna persuade me that this is a coincidence.

Zigmund Adamski went missing in mysterious circumstances from his home in Thornfield Crescent at Tingley, near Wakefield, in June 1980.

QuoteAdam Paul Tinley (born 1968), known professionally as Adamski

touchingcloth