Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:17:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More creepy spooky unsolved-mystery stuff please

Started by Replies From View, November 06, 2019, 06:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I woke up in the night and i had turned into a Cuntbeaks post

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2019, 07:49:12 PM
I woke up in the night and i had turned into a Cuntbeaks post

Sleep paralysis mate, or an erotic dream.

BlodwynPig

Mister Six

Quote from: Buelligan on November 12, 2019, 07:40:38 PM
Hello.  I haven't read this thread, so forgive me if this post is completely fucking wrong here but I just wanted to tell you about the magical car park at my work. 

At my work, there's a gravel car park, it's just surrounded by wild mountainside.  I almost never go in it because I arrive and leave from a different side of the building and using a different gate.  On the very, very, rare occasions I have passed through it, always at night after everyone has gone and it's just me and the moon, weird shit takes place.

The first was a couple of years ago when I was still a smoker.  I could only get into town (to the tabac) very rarely, so running out of tobacco was not a good thing at all.  Anyway, I had run out of tobacco for many terrible hours and was fucking desperate for a cig, finished my shift, left through the car park for some unknown reason, there, in the middle, shining in the moonlighty nighty was a full new pack of my favourite tobacco and papers.

The second time, I was offered a lift home, walked out under the stars to the car and there, in the centre of the car park, right under my foot was a fine silver necklace with a lovely tiny moon amulet on it.  I put it in my bag and sometime later, a chef from somewhere else was visiting and I took it out, I do not know why and asked if it was his (I knew it was for no reason I can understand).  It was and he was incredibly happy to have it back.  I do not know why I knew how this had to go.

This time, walking across in the dark, saw something tiny shining amongst the stones, picked it up.  It was a tiny palme decoration off of a WW1 Croix de guerre medal, that I'd been reading about earlier on the internet for the first time in my life.

I am not even lying.

That's very easily explained: the car park fancies you.

colacentral

Thanks to this thread I've got well into the Delphi murders. Very interesting. The police press conference in April 2019 is very weird - ostensibly an appeal for information from the public, but seems like it's really intended to appeal just to the killer(s). I'm certain the police know exactly who it is, but don't have the evidence for a conviction yet.

There's a nutter on YouTube and Twitter called Dexter who has been publically accusing two people. I think he's bang on about one of them. I'm much less sure about the second.

Dead Soon

Possibly the most baffling ''into thin air'' disappearances in terms of location, time of day and victim profile, both lifestyle and appearance. Jason Jolkowski was a 19 y/o living in leafy suburban Omaha and on the morning of 13th June 2001, he was kicking back on his day off when his manager rang up. He was needed into work regardless, at Fazoli's restaurant, owing to a staff shortage. This was 10.30am. With his car in the garage and a 4.5 mile walk laid out in front, he arranged a lift with a co-worker. Rather than guide this colleague through the labyrinth of American suburbia, he opted to meet them outside the local high school for convenience. He was spotting by a neighbour taking out the bins and strolling from his home, replete in the company uniform, a few minutes after the call-up.

https://medium.com/of-misdeeds-and-mysteries/the-unexplained-disappearance-of-jason-anthony-jolkowski-2f2b2f4ca145

He vanished into the ether in that built up and densely populated area between his address and the high school, when it was simply illogical for this to have occurred without there being a scent, sighting or a clue. The alarm was raised shortly afterwards when Jason was a no-show for his colleague and at work overall. There's been few others cases where no evidence of his whereabouts or fate has been uncovered and no named suspect has been printed. The only people who were really grilled in the investigation were the aforementioned chauffeur colleague and his manager, but all appears to check out.

At 6'1'' and of a stocky frame, he probably wasn't first choice for a random nutter and a touch too old for anyone into the skirted line of boys/older teens. Hit and run with the body carted off and *expertly* hidden can be ruled out - not even an impossibly slim chance that this wouldn't have been witnessed. He was quiet, reserved and lacked an outgoing social circle, but also not isolated and 'nerdy' enough where he'd be targeted by bullying psycho jobs. It's one of the very few cases where the absolutely outlandish and preposterous theories are by and far the most feasible, such as falling through a sinkhole and being boiled into a cloud of steam.

Dex Sawash

BlodwynPig

NurseNugent

In 1995 a woman checks into a hotel in Oslo with a false name and address and either shoots herself or is murdered. Her identify remains a mystery.

Warning - Article contains a picture of the dead woman's legs. It's not gory but a bit unsettling.

Edit - There is also a picture of the blood soaked bed which is gory and of her body in a blue body bag being loaded into the ambulance.

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/xRjoWp/mystery-at-the-oslo-plaza

PlanktonSideburns

Why is there always pictures of people tied up taken before they're later found raped and decomposing in a forest?

That's not a fun mystery

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: NurseNugent on November 23, 2019, 05:34:09 PM
In 1995 a woman checks into a hotel in Oslo with a false name and address and either shoots herself or is murdered. Her identify remains a mystery.

Warning - Article contains a picture of the dead woman's legs. It's not gory but a bit unsettling.

Edit - There is also a picture of the blood soaked bed which is gory and of her body in a blue body bag being loaded into the ambulance.

Loved reading that article. Thanks for that

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 11, 2019, 10:05:57 PM
Nope, because of the holes in the ground and the caterpillar tracks that led nowhere.

I first heard of this last year on a cable TV series called "Close Encounters".  It surprised me, given that I'd been a bit of a UFO enthusiast throughout most of the 90s, and that I'd heard of most of the cases in the whole series of shows, that I'd never heard of this one before... especially because of the police involvement and what seems to be fairly compelling evidence.

They did: the TV documentary showed it (not just the bit where they did a reconstruction, but the actual b/w photo it was based on).  Let's see if I can find it...

...oddly, not.  At least not quickly.  I see also that there's this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_incident#Sceptical_reception which says he might have had an episode of temporal lobe epilepsy (which I can believe) and that the marks were caused by stacked cable pipes (which I find much harder to believe given the photo I remember seeing, and that the caterpillar tracks didn't leave the clearing... plus you'd expect the local forestry worker to already know about any cable laying).

I'm just curious as to why the BBC are bringing this up now: it's hardly tourist season in the Highlands and the "UFO trail" was apparently opened last year.

I always liked Jacque Vallee's explanation for this sort of thing which is that they're basically weird eruptions from out of the subconscious (thus appeasing the hardcore sceptics) which also somehow manage to create/leave behind genuine physical traces - hence appeasing the hardcore believers at the same time. It's a good compromise between the two schools of thought: everything weird is just an edge-phenomena where mind and matter meet but, for some reason we don't fully understand yet, fail to achieve full congruency.

machotrouts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2019, 07:14:06 AM
Had many of those incidents as a child. Hog badger in a car park being the spookiest

Just read several posts starting from here thinking I was in the "Childhood events leading to fetishes later in life" thread and didn't think anything of it

machotrouts

Quote from: NurseNugent on November 23, 2019, 05:34:09 PM

Not giving us much to go on here mate.

Urinal Cake

Cicada 3301

Who made it? Is it an ARG? A bored mathematician? The NSA? Occultists?

mr. logic

Quote from: machotrouts on November 25, 2019, 01:27:51 AM

Yeah weird that.

An odd little detail that sticks out is his brother originally pretending to be him. I don't know, seems like the type of thing that would end up being relevant in a book or TV show.

Dex Sawash