Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:24:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More creepy spooky unsolved-mystery stuff please

Started by Replies From View, November 06, 2019, 06:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Dyatlov's Pass is always a favourite. Nice and simple.

chveik

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pseudopath on November 07, 2019, 08:45:52 PM
Don't forget Who put the Bellend in Nicholas Witchell?

That reminds me, did I ever reveal the secret history of Nick Witchell and the real reason he's shunned in certain sections of society?

Inspector Norse

BlodwynPig

True story that happened last night and will chill you to the core

I woke up in the night to the sound of bags moving around in the cupboard. Plastic bags slipping and sliding. Just thought a small disturbance had caused a cascade. IN THE MORNING THE BAGS WERE IN PLACE AND HAD NOT MOVED

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 11, 2019, 12:03:37 PM
True story that happened last night and will chill you to the core

I woke up in the night to the sound of bags moving around in the cupboard. Plastic bags slipping and sliding. Just thought a small disturbance had caused a cascade. IN THE MORNING THE BAGS WERE IN PLACE AND HAD NOT MOVED

Mice always put bags back in place after a night on the town.  Enjoy your mice!

famethrowa

I find the idea of overnight intercontinental flights a bit creepy. Especially this one, I was flying from Singapore to Heathrow last year and my parents were watching the flight path with a flight tracker app. They told me after that our plane made it across India to Pakistan, then turned back almost to the Bay of Bengal, then turned again and continued on to Europe. Why the hell would that happen?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: famethrowa on November 11, 2019, 12:56:15 PM
I find the idea of overnight intercontinental flights a bit creepy. Especially this one, I was flying from Singapore to Heathrow last year and my parents were watching the flight path with a flight tracker app. They told me after that our plane made it across India to Pakistan, then turned back almost to the Bay of Bengal, then turned again and continued on to Europe. Why the hell would that happen?

Hostile aircraft in the region, rockets etc.

Its disconcerting when you follow the progress of your flight on the onboard map...hang on, why are we travelling away from the destination now? Especially when the flight has been bumpy and noises in the cabin are taut verging on hysterical. ...

then a space goblin appears at the window

Cuellar

I spent a month or so one summer harvesting olives in Tuscany. On the last day of harvesting we left the tractor in the field with the crates of olives on it, then went into Siena and got ratted.

Woke up the enxt morning to find tractor put away and all olives neatly stacked in barn.

SO WHO DID THAT?!

Icehaven

Teetotal Scottish farmer meets the aliens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50262655

QuoteThe UFO sighting investigated by the policeBy Steven Brocklehurst
BBC Scotland News
9 November 2019

When forestry worker Robert Taylor reported seeing an alien spaceship in woods near Livingston 40 years ago it made headlines around the world.

The Dechmont Woods incident is unusual among reported UFO sightings in that it was investigated by the police. They treated the rips to Mr Taylor's trousers as evidence of an assault but could never quite work out what had happened to him.

In his testimony to the police, the 61-year-old described how he saw a 30ft-high "dome-shaped" object in a clearing in the forest near the West Lothian new town on 9 November 1979. He told how two-spiked spheres then rolled out towards him and, as he passed out, he was aware of being grabbed on either side of his legs. Mr Taylor woke up in a dishevelled state 20 minutes later.
Mr Taylor, who died in 2007, was a respected war hero and teetotal churchgoer. No-one doubted that he was sincere in what he believed he had seen and throughout the rest of his life he never deviated from his story.
He told the police he had been working alone checking fences and gates at Dechmont Woods at 10:30 when he came across the spaceship in a clearing.

After the spiked objects rushed out and tried to grab hold of him, all he could remember was a strong smell of burning.
When he came to, the clearing was empty, apart from a pattern of deep regular marks on the ground. He went to his van but was so shaken he drove it into a ditch and had to stagger home in "a dazed condition".

When he got to his house he told his wife Mary he had been attacked by a "spaceship thing". Because Mr Taylor was in such a state, the police were called and officers found themselves inquiring into an assault on a forester by alien beings. Det Con Ian Wark, the scene of crime investigator, arrived at the clearing to find a large gathering of police officers were already there.

He told the BBC he saw strange marks on the ground. There were about 32 holes, which were about 3.5 inches in diameter, as well as marks similar to those made by the type of caterpillar tracks often fitted on bulldozers. The officer went to Mr Taylor's employer, Livingston Development Corporation, to see if the machinery they had could solve the mystery.

"After examining every piece of machinery they had up there, we did not find anything to match," he said.

The police officer said that the unusual marks on the ground were only to be found in the clearing where Mr Taylor had experienced his reported close encounter.

"These marks just arrived," Det Con Wark said. "They did not come from anywhere or go anywhere. They just arrived as though a helicopter or something had landed from the sky."

The police report from the time said the marks on the ground indicated an "object of several tons had stood there but there was nothing to show that it had been driven or towed away". PC William Douglas wrote: "There appeared to be no rational explanation for these marks."
As part of the police investigation, Mr Taylor's ripped trousers were sent for forensic examination but this was many years before modern DNA techniques so analysis concentrated on how the damage had been done.
Police forensics said the trousers seemed to have been damaged by something hooking them and moving up.
The trousers are now in the possession of Malcolm Robinson, a Ufologist who has been investigating such cases since the Dechmont incident. He said they were police-issue blue serge trousers and the type of rips in them did not happen by getting snagged as Mr Taylor crawled away on the ground.
Mr Robinson, who has given lectures on the incident across the UK, Holland, France and the USA and written a book on the subject, said it was one of the most incredible cases in the world.
He said it was one of very few hardcore cases that defied any explanation.
There are many theories about what actually happened to Mr Taylor. These include everything from hallucinatory berries to blackball lightning and a mirage of the planet Venus.
A medical explanation could lie in an epileptic seizure being suffered by Mr Taylor but there was no evidence of this gathered at the time.
In her police statement, his wife Mary said Mr Taylor had no history of mental illness but had contracted meningitis 14 years earlier. Mr Taylor continued to stick to his story throughout his life She said the treatment was successful although in July of that year he had suffered a series of headaches and was admitted to the City Hospital in Edinburgh.

In his statement, Mr Taylor said that after the UFO incident he was examined by the local doctor who called at his house. The doctor suggested he should go to nearby Bangour Hospital for a check-up and x-ray. After waiting for two hours at the hospital he got fed up and left without being examined.
Det Con Wark said he could go along with the theory about the epileptic fit. "But what about the marks on the ground?" he said.
The former police officer cannot bring himself to say he believes Mr Taylor saw an alien spaceship.

"I'd have to see it myself to believe it," he said.

But he said he interviewed Mr Taylor three times and he never changed his story.

"He believed what he saw and there was no way he would make that up," Det Con Wark said.

Forty years on the Dechmont incident has passed into legend. Last year a UFO trail opened which takes people to the spot where a new town forestry foreman claims he saw an alien spaceship

famethrowa

BlodwynPig

Cerys

Quote from: Replies From View on November 11, 2019, 12:12:08 PM
Mice always put bags back in place after a night on the town.  Enjoy your mice!

🎵We will shift them we will rustle them
     We will play with your sacks sacks sacks;
     That is not a euphemism, honest,
     Plus we always put them back
     Or something🎵

Replies From View

Quote from: Cerys on November 11, 2019, 06:39:55 PM
🎵We will shift them we will rustle them
     We will play with your sacks sacks sacks;
     That is not a euphemism, honest,
     Plus we always put them back
     Or something🎵

gib

Why was the forestry worker in the UFO story wearing police trousers?

Captain Z

And surely someone took a photo of those marks in the ground?

touchingcloth

I've got a mystery up my anus if you'd like a look.

Cerys

SteK

This is the only thing that made me think there is 'something'. The Boy Who Lived Before, had this total past life, fascinating.

Was checked out, about 70% true, 30% bollocks but he was eight. I recently spoke to his mother featured in the show on FB and she says the boy (Cameron) is like 20 or so now and doesn't talk much about this but when he does he still remembers every detail.

Even now it's still captivating.

I can't explain it. I try but I can't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGX1YCsvAM

BlodwynPig

Just heard some strange gnome mutterings outside the front door.

Blood went to ice.

Mice again?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 11, 2019, 01:17:22 PM
Mystery solved

Nope, because of the holes in the ground and the caterpillar tracks that led nowhere.

I first heard of this last year on a cable TV series called "Close Encounters".  It surprised me, given that I'd been a bit of a UFO enthusiast throughout most of the 90s, and that I'd heard of most of the cases in the whole series of shows, that I'd never heard of this one before... especially because of the police involvement and what seems to be fairly compelling evidence.

Quote from: Captain Z on November 11, 2019, 06:45:24 PM
And surely someone took a photo of those marks in the ground?

They did: the TV documentary showed it (not just the bit where they did a reconstruction, but the actual b/w photo it was based on).  Let's see if I can find it...

...oddly, not.  At least not quickly.  I see also that there's this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Taylor_incident#Sceptical_reception which says he might have had an episode of temporal lobe epilepsy (which I can believe) and that the marks were caused by stacked cable pipes (which I find much harder to believe given the photo I remember seeing, and that the caterpillar tracks didn't leave the clearing... plus you'd expect the local forestry worker to already know about any cable laying).

I'm just curious as to why the BBC are bringing this up now: it's hardly tourist season in the Highlands and the "UFO trail" was apparently opened last year.

BlodwynPig

Ambient Sheep

EDIT: Actually no, fuck.this, I'm out.  Can't cope with the shit that is 95% of this forum nowadays, don't know why I fucking bother.

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 11, 2019, 09:58:08 PM
Just heard some strange gnome mutterings outside the front door.

Blood went to ice.

Mice again?

More likely to have been ice if it felt like it.  Whenever has blood turned into mice?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 11, 2019, 10:54:12 PM
EDIT: Actually no, fuck.this, I'm out.  Can't cope with the shit that is 95% of this forum nowadays, don't know why I fucking bother.

Eh?

Christ. Apologies. You'd believe aliens over magic mushrooms?

flotemysost

Unexplained by Richard Maclean Smith, based on the eponymous podcast (which I haven't yet listened to), is a decent read for this sort of thing - one of the chapters focuses on the Elisa Lam case - although if you're an enthusiast for this stuff then I guess you might have heard of most of them anyway.

The chapter on sightings of skinwalkers on former Native American reservations was probably the most interesting for me. There's something about the almost Gothic idea of the past coming back to fuck over wrongdoers that really fascinates me.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 11, 2019, 10:54:12 PM

Man mysteriously vanishes, last seen near town hall "disagreeing with local pig"

idunnosomename

why have the family ness not been properly investigated by cryptozoologists. i know I will never find a nessie in the zoo, but i would like to read a paper in Nature about their behaviour in the wild

Ambient Sheep

Sorry, I meant "I'm out" of the thread/discussion rather than "I'm out" of the forum.

Probably not even that... been a helluva stressful evening and I made the mistake of briefly popping in here when I had a few minutes' respite, in order to chill out.  Hence bad reaction to seemingly-flippant response.

Will just leave it for now, might catch up more later in a day or two.  Or not.  Sorry.