Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Three Strikes And You're Out

Started by The Boston Crab, November 06, 2019, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Whatever happened to this tacit agreement?

People getting SLAMMED for making a mistake these days. What, you never made a mistake before?

Is three strikes a better way for society to live?

Any chance there's a some merit in this?

Probably take a LOT of strain off the prison and coppers. Once, anyone can make a mistake. Twice, could be an accident or momentary lapse if you really like committing a particular crime. Three strikes, you're killed by the govt.

Probably help people be way less uptight, as well, but ironically lead to a more ordered society. Anyone not on board, kill the cunt.

It's a thought experiment. What's the downside.

BlodwynPig

touchingcloth

Woah woah woah you can't say "strike" these days that's not on mate your cancelled.

Zetetic

petril

Tories got in and ruined it. strikes got cancelled. shambles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

When we say out, are we talking gone

Like GONE

LIKE DONE

OFF

OUT

SEE YA

?

thenoise

Works great in America, they hardly have any crime.

Ferris

Whatever crackpot scheme Commissioner Manfred comes up with to improve "pace of play", Major League Baseball still operates a 3 strike policy.

Happy to have advised.

Paul Calf

While I'm sure baseball is a very enjoyable sport to observe - and even to play - basing a system of justice on its rules is probably a bit spurious.

Just realised another great benefit of the this system. It allows for police error. Wrongfully charged with raping a touring NFL team? Fine. Just be a bit more careful next time. Actively rape a car dealership in a fugue state? Bad, but you got one more go. You would have to be the unluckiest man/woman in the biz to get done a third and final time. Misunderstand the principle of Knowsley Safari Park? You're done.

Some stuff is harder to prove though like corruption or anything where it's one person's word against another. Just agree to disagree and move on.

BlodwynPig

Oh you want to rape that hot bbc celebrity?

Sorry, mate - tuck shop penny chew theft 1988 and jaywalking in Seattle, 2003

Don't talk back to me sonny....strrrrrrrrriiiiiiike three!

It has to be the same crime three times times. Sorry, I should have made that clearer. One crime of passion, one just getting even and that's your lot.

BlodwynPig

NJ Uncut

Diddle once? Scot free
Diddle twins? Easy there tiger.

Diddle three? MASTER NONCE ROPE 'EM UP!

Or is it one rule for society, a different rule for everyone else (in this case nonces)?

madhair60

You would know because you invented them before you became woke af

There's an issue where the accused may not protest their innocence, thinking they have another two chances.

For this to work, you need to incentivise the accused to claim innocence really, and so the punishment for the third strike needs to be severe.

In the spirit of being 'out', maybe after three strikes they simply have to leave Are Great Nation. But by being ushered into the sea.

tourism

Cuellar

Killed a man - yup, sorry! happy to hold my hands up on that one, won't do it again
Committed major fraud - again, my mistake! totally my fault

Never commit a crime again, got away scot free with BIG actions. Can't touch me, 2/3.

tourism

I've earnestly imagined it and it'd be shit I think. everyone on their first or second strike would face brutal reprisal from other people using their first or second strike. a nightmare to keep track of and very upsetting to live amongst. please shut down this thought experiment

BlodwynPig

Is massacring 500,000 people in one fell swoop a single crime of 500,000 separate crimes...BOSTO?

Asking for a friend.

NJ Uncut

Download track 1 from an album

Fair dos

Track 2

Careful now love

Track 3 shot in gulliver

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 07, 2019, 09:44:37 AM
You would know because you invented them before you became woke af

Excuse you I didn't "invent" them, I merely kept the fire burning

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 07, 2019, 10:30:03 AM
Is massacring 500,000 people in one fell swoop a single crime of 500,000 separate crimes...BOSTO?

Asking for a friend.

One crime. Not surprised that the usual folk are up in arms over this. It's the exact fear of restorative repercussions that would prevent deliberate crimes in the first place. Easy to keep track of because there's no prisons. Just brand someone on their head for the first two crimes.

wosl

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 06, 2019, 06:39:33 PMOnce, anyone can make a mistake. Twice, could be an accident or momentary lapse if you really like committing a particular crime.

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 06, 2019, 06:39:33 PMThree strikes, you're killed by the govt.

tourism

if the strikes have to be serial offences how would you know what crime was signified by the branding system? what if someone was branded to make it look like they'd done more crimes than they had?

the society you propose isn't something I can sign off on sorry  ._.