Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:42:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tom Watson resigned

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, November 06, 2019, 08:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

Quote from: jobotic on November 06, 2019, 08:34:47 PM
Yeah but who cares what he thinks now?

Column in The Sun I reckon, full circle.
Seems unlikely after his war with Murdoch

jobotic

Yeah that was my point, it's why the man is such a disappointment.

king_tubby

So Watson's last act as deputy was to argue against the expulsion of Godsiff for supporting anti-LGBT+ protests.

Chairman Yang

I was briefly worried that the usual vacuous 'moderates' would spin this into further evidence of a hard-left coup, but then they've doing that since the leadership election anyway so... fuck 'em, I guess?

sponk

Hate to say it but Guido made a good point..
"If Watson thought Labour would win the election he wouldn't stand down"

pancreas

"If Watson thought Labour would win the election he wouldn't have stood for reselection."

idunnosomename

paul stains is a wanker and he has no good points

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 08:52:50 PM

Lewis Goodall thinks the opposite

"Funny thing is, if there is going to be a series of resignations to undermine Corbyn it's odd they're happening now.

If they thought JC, left would lose why not be around to pick up the pieces post election?

So...perhaps Watson et al think they're going to win?"

Twed

The Rise of the Nutters it ain't

New folder

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 08:52:50 PM

This implies that Corbyn winning would be a good thing for Watson. But surely it's not.

sponk

Wouldn't he want to be deputy PM?

Zetetic

That's not really a thing.

Labour victory vindicates Corbyn, McDonnell and membership etc.

Massive Labour defeat vindicates Watson, Philips etc. to them at least. But certainly doesn't empower them.

Dex Sawash

Pinball

Corbyn for PM, boys and girls. He'll save us with his superpowers.

sponk

Quote from: Pinball on November 06, 2019, 09:29:04 PM
Corbyn for PM, boys and girls. He'll save us with his superpowers.

Who do you want to win the election?

Cardenio I

Quote from: Zetetic on November 06, 2019, 09:26:49 PM
Massive Labour defeat vindicates Watson, Philips etc. to them at least. But certainly doesn't empower them.
Not in the immediate, no. But with a massive labour defeat presumably signalling the end of Corbynism, they could certainly stand to gain a lot within the party, and then who knows? It's not like anything looks certain or settled in British politics at the moment

I dunno, maybe I should put those glasses from They Live back on but I think it's perfectly believable that this isn't a political decision. The guy lost half his body weight to the u-bend, has been at odds with the leadership and membership in a way that was surely quite gruelling and suffered some major embarrassment with the whole VIPaedo thing. Could see why he'd want to walk away at this point

sponk

Quote from: Zetetic on November 06, 2019, 09:26:49 PM
That's not really a thing.

Labour victory vindicates Corbyn, McDonnell and membership etc.

Even if it vindicates them it still puts TW in a position of power. Interested in your language here. "Massive labour defeat..."...do you think a small labour defeat could potentially vindicate Corbyn etc? (Again?)

idunnosomename

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 09:34:56 PM
Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats

jobotic

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 09:44:23 PM
Even if it vindicates them it still puts TW in a position of power. Interested in your language here. "Massive labour defeat..."...do you think a small labour defeat could potentially vindicate Corbyn etc? (Again?)

Do you think any sort of win would vindicate Corbyn?

Pinball

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 09:34:56 PM
Not Corbyn. I don't want a Stalinist, pacifist, pro-islamist, weak PM. Even Nancy Pelosi doesn't like him, because of his anti-semitism.

By not getting rid of Corbyn, Labour has consigned themselves to dismal failure at the next GE. He makes Michael Foot look awesome.

Absorb the anus burn

colacentral

Yeah, wouldn't want a pacifist would we. What sort of cunt thinks like that?

Twit 2

Quote from: Pinball on November 06, 2019, 09:48:59 PM
Not Corbyn. I don't want a Stalinist, pacifist, pro-islamist, weak PM. Even Nancy Pelosi doesn't like him, because of his anti-semitism.

By not getting rid of Corbyn, Labour has consigned themselves to dismal failure at the next GE. He makes Michael Foot look awesome.

Biggy goes and you pop up. The quantity theory of insanity.

gib

Quote from: Cardenio I on November 06, 2019, 09:36:23 PM
Not in the immediate, no. But with a massive labour defeat presumably signalling the end of Corbynism, they could certainly stand to gain a lot within the party, and then who knows? It's not like anything looks certain or settled in British politics at the moment

I dunno, maybe I should put those glasses from They Live back on but I think it's perfectly believable that this isn't a political decision. The guy lost half his body weight to the u-bend, has been at odds with the leadership and membership in a way that was surely quite gruelling and suffered some major embarrassment with the whole VIPaedo thing. Could see why he'd want to walk away at this point

I think that's a fair read of the situation and as likely as anything.

gib

jobotic

Quote from: colacentral on November 06, 2019, 09:52:51 PM
Yeah, wouldn't want a pacifist would we. What sort of cunt thinks like that?

Certainly not a Stalinist Islamist one. They're the worst.

selectivememory

Well, if Nancy Pelosi doesn't like him I'm not voting for him.

Quote from: Pinball on November 06, 2019, 09:48:59 PM

Stalinist and pacifist is some galaxy brain shite