Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dwarf rewatch???

Started by madhair60, November 07, 2019, 11:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I recently bought the blu-ray of Red Dwarf 1-8 and have now seen the first three episodes. Was wondering if anyone fancied a weekly watchalong. Three episodes a week to discuss. So we'll do series 1-8 in, erm, some weeks. Who's in? We can move on to BTE-XII if we really have to.

Who's up for a Dwarf off

Episodes for the week:

The End
Future Echoes
Balance of Power

Three more next Friday. Alright bye

hedgehog90

We just finished watching series 1-8 on (spam), mate.

NJ Uncut

Yeah and it started great, and stayed good for ages, then... well... not quite a hatewatch, but not far off

hedgehog90

I'd be up for re-watching series 1 if only cleanse the pallet as it were, after consuming a massive dog-shit sandwich.

DrGreggles

I'll join in until it gets shit.

DrGreggles

madhair60

Dusty Substance

I recently re-watched a few of the "best" episodes (a per their IMDB ratings) and they were not only incredibly unfunny, they were cringeworthy in places.

The characters are all likable enough and I like the basic premise behind the show but it's not funny enough to be a god sitcom and not dramatic enough to be a good sci-fi show.

Somewhere in each of the seasons there might have been enough material for, say, a 90 minute low budget sci-fi film but overall Red Dwarf is something that the 15 year old me loved but has no place for the 40 year old me.

DrGreggles

I think a Gold or a Dave reshowed all of series 2 one night a couple of years ago and, having not seen it in a while, I was laughing throughout.
It being peak Holly probably helped.

madhair60

Just threw my blu-ray in a skip.

DrGreggles

Replies From View

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 08, 2019, 02:46:34 PM
Anyone up for a skip hunt?

We just finished watching it on (spam), mate.

DrGreggles

Ah. Missed it.
I was in a skip.

Jittlebags

Quote from: madhair60 on November 08, 2019, 01:44:38 PM
Just threw my blu-ray in a skip.

Hope you took the opportunity to be pulled off by a lady of the night behind it. Otherwise, it's a waste of a skip.

Replies From View

IT'S NOT WHAT THE UNIVERSE MEANT BY SKIP IT

YOU HAVE WASTED SOME OF YOUR PUN QUOTA OF 2019-20