Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:46:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Noel Fielding creating Netflix comedy about a Magical Record player

Started by Mobius, November 07, 2019, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

Quote from: phantom_power on November 08, 2019, 10:17:47 AM
How can Netflix commission a series based on that flimsy "Mr Benn for cool kids" pitch. I imagine they have said something like "sounds OK but come back when you have written something you dozy prick" and he has run with it
I imagine as a content creator you get stuck in permanent adolescence by your reputation.  Though Amstell and a few others try to break out it Fielding, Howard and others must lean into it. But I guess the money and fans must make it worthwhile.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: phantom_power on November 08, 2019, 10:17:47 AM
How can Netflix commission a series based on that flimsy "Mr Benn for cool kids" pitch. I imagine they have said something like "sounds OK but come back when you have written something you dozy prick" and he has run with it

*half a dozen tossed off ideas later*

"It's about this guy, right....and he's got this...er....magic record player. and it takes you inside albums."

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Mister Six on November 09, 2019, 09:30:30 PM
I don't begrudge him getting a couple of quid off Netflix to make a show that will be lost in the endless sea of CONTENT once the trailers stop rolling after a couple of days.

Agree. Fielding is no longer my cup of tea but there are literally scores of comedians been given a special on Netflix and untold millions being spent on all sorts of comedy, 80% of which I probably wouldn't like. So why not give Fielding a few bob? No big deal, there's room for him.

Twed

Fielding and Berry are definitely giving glitter blowjobs to somebody though, as every Netflix original animation seems to feature them as character voices.

dissolute ocelot

No chance of my proposed Noel Fielding show where he and a baker-stroke-vet travel Britain seeing what's the largest animal they can castrate (in a comedy way)?

Either that, or he has to kidnap Sandi Toksvig and keep her in a sack for as long as possible. Mike McShane plays a fastidious capybara.

McFlymo

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 12, 2019, 03:49:02 PM
No chance of my proposed Noel Fielding show where he and a baker-stroke-vet travel Britain seeing what's the largest animal they can castrate (in a comedy way)?

Either that, or he has to kidnap Sandi Toksvig and keep her in a sack for as long as possible. Mike McShane plays a fastidious capybara.

They're missing a trick.

Goldentony

im sorry but ive seen luxury comedy and ive my father's own face smashed in with a hammer repeatedly by cunts and luxury comedy was objectively worse 

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Twed on November 12, 2019, 01:01:09 PM
Fielding and Berry are definitely giving glitter blowjobs

Really? Of all the prison systems in the world I wouldn't expect Vietnam to be that liberal with their visiting hours privileges

Twed

BJBMK2

Quote from: Twed on November 12, 2019, 01:01:09 PM
Fielding and Berry are definitely giving glitter blowjobs to somebody though, as every Netflix original animation seems to feature them as character voices.

See also his and his scary brother's inexplicable appearance in one of the Trailer Park Boys Netflix spin offs/things.