Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lib Dems - the thread

Started by king_tubby, November 07, 2019, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

"please mummy, I don't want to get in grave!!!"

Buelligan

Quote from: New folder on November 16, 2019, 06:35:46 PM
This. Who gives a shit if there is a superficial reduction in the number of seats for the Tories. Nothing has fundamentally changed. It helps nobody. People should aim for better than that, by voting with your heart, by voting for Labour, the party that can actually change something.

Labour took fucking Kensington last time -- every seat has the potential to go red if people actually vote with their convictions.

And there is actual data to back it up:

So if people vote tactically, we have a Lib Dem MP ready and waiting to serve their Tory Masters. But if people vote for what they believe in, then all of a sudden we have a Labour victory.
This is the entire ethos of Jezza's leadership -- "another world is possible".

I hope Labour makes some leaflets of that and some internet thingys and pisses them through everybody's real and virtual letterbox in the land - especially in places like Bath and Cheltenham.  Tell these voting fucks, the time is NOW.  Just get on and fucking DO IT, NO MORE TACTICAL VOTES, thank you darlings.

And put a great big Labour poster up in your window, pour encourager les autres.

gib

I too hope the Labour leaflets point out the Lib Dems' lies in the relevant constituencies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: gib on November 16, 2019, 11:16:23 PM
I too hope the Labour leaflets point out the Lib Dems' lies in the relevant constituencies.

Me too.

I also hope people don't conflate seats Labour won which were achievable (and therefore irrelevant to the argument being made) to constituencies where the only show in town is Tories vs Lib Dem where the choice is between the possibility of a Remain MP vs the certainty of a Tory cunt leaver MP.

Cos it fucking seems like that's what's happening.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 16, 2019, 11:39:25 PM
I also hope people don't conflate seats Labour won which were achievable (and therefore irrelevant to the argument being made) to constituencies where the only show in town is Tories vs Lib Dem where the choice is between the possibility of a Remain MP vs the certainty of a Tory cunt leaver MP.

Cos it fucking seems like that's what's happening.

How do we know which ones are which? On the face of it, Bath looks unachievable till you pose the alternative scenario.

Buelligan

This is so relevant, so, incredibly important.  People need to stop being robbed of their democratic voice by a silly old lie, dressed up as wisdom.  Sheep we are not.

Replies From View

Replies From View

olliebean

Well, this is an utterly horrible policy: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2019-liberal-democrats-permanent-spending-surplus-1047923

QuoteSir Ed said that if they got into government, the Lib Dems would run a 1 per cent surplus on current spending - meaning that day-to-day costs of public services would be lower than the amount raised in taxes.

QuoteBorrowing would only be allowed to pay for capital investment projects judged by an independent watchdog to generate more money for the taxpayer than their initial cost.

So that's money leeched out of public services, and no new investment in anything unless it's profitable. That's incredibly Tory - the price of everything and the value of nothing. It's a recipe for year-on-year deprecation of public services until they are no longer viable due to lack of investment. And, btw, for doing nothing about climate change, because the necessary investment won't bring in more money than it costs.

Vote Lib-Dem, get climate collapse.

idunnosomename

But jo swinson will plant a tree. Look how well that went for justin Trudeau

peanutbutter

Quote from: olliebean on November 17, 2019, 10:22:01 AM
Well, this is an utterly horrible policy: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2019-liberal-democrats-permanent-spending-surplus-1047923

So that's money leeched out of public services, and no new investment in anything unless it's profitable. That's incredibly Tory - the price of everything and the value of nothing. It's a recipe for year-on-year deprecation of public services until they are no longer viable due to lack of investment. And, btw, for doing nothing about climate change, because the necessary investment won't bring in more money than it costs.

Vote Lib-Dem, get climate collapse.
Read the FT version of the same thing and it pretty much synced up, their policy seems to be:

1. we'll slightly rebalance taxes in favour of businesses over landowners
2. we'll save a huge amount of money by cancelling brexit
3. we'll only invest in profitable schemes
4. we'll prioritise getting a surplus budget balance from that in year one and keep that up
5. then maybe some money into climate stuff and what have you, no real timeline, who cares

I assume the third thingcan easily be games by grifters whilst ruling out things that are socially good? So it's perfect for the Lib Dems really. As far as the surplus thing goes... are they trying to lure people in with the nostalgia of austerity, before all this brexit stuff?

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

Don't hide them, hopefully they'll be paying for each impression (as people do with Googleads and the like) and you'll have the pleasure of knowing their expensive spunk is falling on stony ground every time you see one.

olliebean

Quote from: Buelligan on November 18, 2019, 02:51:43 PM
Don't hide them, hopefully they'll be paying for each impression (as people do with Googleads and the like) and you'll have the pleasure of knowing their expensive spunk is falling on stony ground every time you see one.

I haven't seen any. Apparently because I haven't declared an interest in Margaret Thatcher.

Buelligan

If only I was on twitter I'd declare one right this minute.  Hell, I'd do two, just to catch them out.

Blumf

Quote from: olliebean on November 18, 2019, 03:03:55 PM
I haven't declared an interest in Margaret Thatcher.

I bet you would though, you duty old bollocks!

greencalx

Ha! Our Jo's brave attempt to get on the stage with the big boys has failed: [EDIT: wrong link TWAT]

That said, I'd really like to see her crash and burn so I hope she does get her 15 minutes at some point.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: greencalx on November 18, 2019, 04:48:10 PM
Ha! Our Jo's brave attempt to get on the stage with the big boys has failed: [EDIT: wrong link TWAT]

That said, I'd really like to see her crash and burn so I hope she does get her 15 minutes at some point.

Fuck that's tomorrow!

gib

Quote from: greencalx on November 18, 2019, 04:48:10 PM

Yeah, i'd much rather people got to witness how uninspiring she is when she opens her trap.

gib

Rich Uncle Skeleton

what am i your fucking servant?

gib

greencalx

I would start it but I can't do witty titles.

Chairman Yang

greencalx

Proving my point. Would never have come up with that. Shall we do it?

Blumf