Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lib Dems - the thread

Started by king_tubby, November 07, 2019, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Ah, sorry!

Was only a hop, step and a jump from Mike to Max Gapes.

idunnosomename

I find the idea that Melania Trump has any clue who the Liberal Democrats are to be gleefully absurd

buttgammon

Like the Queen and her allegedly pro-EU hat again, isn't it? What's wrong with these people?

"I'm rather cross with Boris because he lied to HM the Queen ooh look something brightly coloured that isn't a funny tinge!"

Replies From View

Quote from: greencalx on December 03, 2019, 09:08:20 PM
Will the centre ever realise that they have to offer something other than just not being May/Johnson or Corbyn?

What would that be?

To be "centre" they only need to take the side of all the billionaires without the public knowing that's what they're doing.

For this, they only need a successful brand, like New Labour or hug-a-hoodie green-scribble-of-a-tree Tories.  This is not the same as "offering" anything.

Cuellar

Quote from: phantom_power on December 04, 2019, 07:32:40 AM
They are so shit at this:

https://twitter.com/SamGyimah/status/1201975824599146497

Great banter!!!

But those are UKIP colours aren't they?

And wouldn't the trad Lib Dem base, even their new FBPE crew, be turned OFF by whatever Trump is endorsing?

The message is all over the place on this.

Replies From View

Quote from: greencalx on December 03, 2019, 09:29:46 PM
Ah, sorry!

Was only a hop, step and a jump from Mike to Max Gapes.

I'm still puzzling over who "Arse Hargreaves" could be.

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on December 04, 2019, 12:20:16 PM
I'm still puzzling over who "Arse Hargreaves" could be.

Defensive midfielder for Bayern?

Replies From View

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 04, 2019, 12:26:05 PM
Defensive midfielder for Bayern?

No idea.  I don't follow football but I do know the various headteachers of Grange Hill if that is similar.

idunnosomename

lol Jo Swinson attacked by bees

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on December 04, 2019, 12:31:51 PM
No idea.  I don't follow football but I do know the various headteachers of Grange Hill if that is similar.

Were any of them fullbacks in the Bundesliga? If not, then probably not that similar :(

Blumf

Sean O'Grady (not the lightweight boxing champion one, the editor of The Independent one) really putting the boot into Swinson:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jo-swinson-conservatives-majority-general-election-progressive-a9232361.html
QuoteProgressives: Do not delude yourself. Do not entertain false hope. There are plenty of people out there nasty enough to vote Tory, and mean it. Even if you don't know any.

Nothing on earth can save you. A ten point lead, or more, for the Tories over Labour will give Johnson a bumper result and quite possibly a landslide. Maybe Chuka will get in, maybe Raab will lose his seat. Maybe Labour will hold Kensington. It won't matter.

Get ready then for the elective dictatorship and the possibility of a no deal Brexit by the end of 2020. The nightmare is about to go into full horror mode.

It is not too early to start apportioning blame for this show; and this brings us back to the leader of the Liberal Democrats, Jo Swinson, who has more to answer for than most.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not to mention her insistence on a Nuremberg type defence of her record in government, and pathetic attempt to say the Lib Dems were the minor coalition partner (the DUP didn't do too bad extracting their pound of flesh did they?).

Weak. Neil spat her out didn't he?

phantom_power

It is indefensible and clearly a tactic that is coming from the top down, not some rogue low level campaigners. They have really pissed away the inexplicable support the had before Swinson took over

idunnosomename

who REALLY runs the lib dems?

oh sorry. is that a trope. apologies to the jewish community

Pink Gregory

Quote from: New folder on December 04, 2019, 08:50:08 PM
Greens are at it as well:

https://twitter.com/nikeshshukla/status/1202248828738514944

Got that one today.  Tore off the Green Party side and put the Labour side in the window.  I expect 300 more Green Party leaflets before the 12th.

New folder

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 04, 2019, 08:54:48 PM
who REALLY runs the lib dems?

oh sorry. is that a trope. apologies to the jewish community

too late, deeply sinister statement, dan hodges already reporting it

gib

Quote from: phantom_power on December 04, 2019, 08:46:38 PM
It is indefensible and clearly a tactic that is coming from the top down, not some rogue low level campaigners. They have really pissed away the inexplicable support the had before Swinson took over

In the first Leadership Debate the presenter asked Jo Swindleson about one of the bullshit bar charts (that don't yet have a snappy meme-ish name) and JS pretended she didn't know about that one. I watched the Andrew Neil thing tonight, expecting his team to have handed him a ceiling high fucking stack of these things from round the country but no, alas no.

greencalx

Just come back to all this. My twatstream is full of people saying "at least Swinson had the grace to apologise". But if JC had done the same it would have been "too little, too late, and he probably doesn't mean it anyway".

Disingenuous fuckwits.

colacentral

Yeah. And this is something she actually actively did and obviously believed in, not some guilt by association thing that Corbyn has to apologise for.

Ferris

QuoteFerriswheelBueller🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧
@FerrisSez
Everyone on twitter has lots of flags in their names don't they? Is it a prerequisite?
7:30 PM - Dec 4
69 Retweets      420 Likes

Edit I don't use twitter so wanted to get involved with the flags, so I added them to my banal point. Cheers.

Konki

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on December 04, 2019, 11:21:16 PM
https://twitter.com/soniasodha/status/1202335986300178435

Just one good reason to vote Labour.

Copying this over from the GE thread in case anyone was still in any doubt about the Lib Dems being happy to prop up the Tories.

olliebean

Getting Lib-Dem leaflets at an average rate of slightly more than one per day, now. Mostly aimed at repressing the Labour vote. If the Lib-Dems had fucked off, Labour could have won here; but thanks to them, we're definitely going to end up as a Tory hold.

Fambo Number Mive

Clearly the Lib Dems aren't worried about wasting paper.