Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lib Dems - the thread

Started by king_tubby, November 07, 2019, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

They're meant to be burning through money they got from wealthy remainers over the last while aren't they? Is there a rule that prevents them from just stashing it

Phil_A

Angela Smith may come to regret hiring Brian Butterfield to manage her social media campaign:

https://twitter.com/angelasmithmp/status/1202957374774030348

How does this even happen, do the Lib Dems not have anyone in charge of PR at this point? Did she just decide to do these off her own back? It's just baffling. SHEER FUSTRATAION.

king_tubby

idunnosomename

Quote from: Phil_A on December 07, 2019, 06:49:26 PM
Angela Smith may come to regret hiring Brian Butterfield to manage her social media campaign:

How does this even happen, do the Lib Dems not have anyone in charge of PR at this point? Did she just decide to do these off her own back? It's just baffling. SHEER FUSTRATAION.
to be fair to angela smith, she is as thick as pigshit

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Phil_A on December 07, 2019, 06:49:26 PM

Yes definite freeware from 2004 vibes there.

But the likely scenario is that these people will be coddled to in a hung parliament. So Adobe for everyone!

greencalx

Swinson still thinking she'll get Crobbins to stand down if it comes to doing a deal with Labour.

I never really understood the meaning of the word "hubris" before now. Swinson is practically an illustrated dictionary definition.

NoSleep

Quote from: greencalx on December 08, 2019, 02:05:05 PM
Swinson still thinking she'll get Crobbins to stand down if it comes to doing a deal with Labour.

Corbyn sez no u, hun.

peanutbutter

I never really understood the meaning of the word "hubris" before now. Swinson is practically an illustrated dictionary definition.
To be fair it's probably most their MPs that prefer Johnson to Corbyn here rather than just Swinson, even if a fair chunk of their potential voters would hugely prefer Corbyn.

idunnosomename

Sam Gyimah is the biggest slimeball of this election. Fucking hate the pointless dickhead

New folder

what a lying sack of shit with his ONLYLIBDEMSCANWINHEREBARCHART™ can't stand his stupid smug face

also:
https://twitter.com/emmadentcoad/status/1203616757157695489

had enough of this utter libdemmery at this point FUCKING DIE

idunnosomename

fucking terrible HE minister too

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hopefully she will struggle through being an Ex-MP at that point.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

As for Angela Smiths media fart, have you guys heard of the latest technique to get people to share viral videos by making them deliberately crappy looking? A Tory one did the rounds simply because they had used comic sans, sending millennials mental but actually distributing a sinister message.

Share the one where she uses the phrase 'a funny tinge' to describe brown people.

Schmo Diddley

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 08, 2019, 10:48:42 PM
Sam Gyimah is the biggest slimeball of this election. Fucking hate the pointless dickhead

Tory defects to Lib Dems and within 6 months is contesting a hyper-marginal between incumbent Labour and the Tories, smearing the Labour candidate that she's culpable for Grenfell and helping to re-elect the Tories.

This poisonous chancer of a cunt is the embodiment of how the Lib Dems are trying to torpedo Labour in this election. The establishment is doing everything they can to prevent genuine change.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 09, 2019, 07:05:50 AM
As for Angela Smiths media fart, have you guys heard of the latest technique to get people to share viral videos by making them deliberately crappy looking? A Tory one did the rounds simply because they had used comic sans, sending millennials mental but actually distributing a sinister message.

Or they just made a shit video because they're shit.

I'm looking forward to Corbyn telling Swinson to stand down or the Lib Dems won't get their referendum.

That'll teach the deluded twats.

greencalx

She doesn't seem to have understood that if Labour do well enough that she's in a position to negotiate with them, then there's no argument for Corbyn to stand down.

Still hoping she'll lose her seat, but I think it's a bit of a long shot.

She's in a tight SNP-LD marginal, so you never know.

Though according to the Remainiacs podcast, the reason people dislike her is sexism.  Which may be the first time I've joined the ranks of the MRM, it seems.  Nothing to do he membership of the coalition, voting record, nor the fact that her party are more hell-bent on taking seats off Labour than the Tories.  It's because she is the owner of a vagina.

What is the Lib Dems position on Jeffrey Epstein? The people need to know

thenoise

Never mind Swindon fans! It takes more than losing an election to keep this #girlieswot from fulfilling her dream of propping up the Tories' new government. #yougogirl #thisgirlcan #girlieswot

Schmo Diddley

Ed Davey, what a ball bag. The Lib Dems lost because they had a ridiculous Brexit policy, a shit leader and they enabled Tory austerity. Not because of Jeremy Corbyn.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Schmo Diddley on December 17, 2019, 06:39:55 AM
Ed Davey, what a ball bag. The Lib Dems lost because they had a ridiculous Brexit policy, a shit leader and they enabled Tory austerity. Not because of Jeremy Corbyn.

No one listens to our voices.

We are the disenfranchised now.

ZoyzaSorris

Similar article from Vince's Cable in the Guardian today (landed on it by accident).
Apparently the alt-centrists being as popular as Huntingtons's Chorea is Jeremy Corbyn's fault and all Labour needs to do is be like the people who just all lost their seats.

NoSleep

Call for the LibDems to fall on their sword:

QuoteThe Lib Dems helped the Tories to victory again. Now they should disband

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/16/lib-dems-tories-split-vote-labour

king_tubby

Merge with the Labour party? Fuck off!

NoSleep

What did you expect from the Guardian? I like the idea that they are spent; maybe merge with their natural allies, the Tories.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on December 12, 2019, 08:26:06 AM
She's in a tight SNP-LD marginal, so you never know.

Though according to the Remainiacs podcast, the reason people dislike her is sexism.  Which may be the first time I've joined the ranks of the MRM, it seems.  Nothing to do he membership of the coalition, voting record, nor the fact that her party are more hell-bent on taking seats off Labour than the Tories.  It's because she is the owner of a vagina.

Every single time this is brought up (which is fucking pathetic), it just takes a quick glance at the success of capable organised intelligent leader Nicola Sturgeon to realise that no, it is not sexism.

idunnosomename

Quote from: thenoise on December 17, 2019, 05:19:54 AM
Never mind Swindon fans! It takes more than losing an election to keep this #girlieswot from fulfilling her dream of propping up the Tories' new government. #yougogirl #thisgirlcan #girlieswot
yaaaas QUEEN