Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Current 'go to' TV chefs

Started by Jittlebags, November 08, 2019, 01:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

I'm still watching Fanny Craddock trying to stuff butter under a turkey's skin.

What current TV chefs are stuffing stuff under a turkey's skin, and what are they trying to stuff there?

Alternatively, what current TV chefs are worth watching?

Dex Sawash

chveik

Urinal Cake

Bon Appetit on YouTube. Nice mix of personalities, a bit of everything and entertaining.

ArtParrott

If YouTube persons acceptable, Adam Ragusea does nice unpretentious stuff in a down to earth and slightly camp way.

beanheadmcginty

Clownbaby

Fanny Craddock fascinates me, her name alone, christ almighty. There's something about the juxtaposition of unusual personalities with instructing how to make food which really creates an organic awkwardness. If someone is annoying or strange while they're demonstrating how to cook something, does that make the food less appetizing?

I've slipped into a destructive routine of ripping the shit out of Jamie Oliver and his birdy wife and birdy kids who can't really help that they've got their parents' annoying faces but there you go. Every day when I come home from work and whack Food Network on it's Jamie Oliver so me n my mam go at him because we have nothing better to do, in between occasionally aggreeing with his decision to include preserved lemons in his lil tagine or put lime on his raw salmon. Yeah Jamie lad that looks good but your face man get away

I'm trying to think of a TV chef who doesn't scrape at me in some way. I guess Nigel Slater is relaxing

shiftwork2

big fan of the youtuber who shows you how to cut a pizza 8 ways.  Leg end

Hunter, fisher, trapper, trader, guide, scout, and interpreter, and just a country cook Steve Hall here in Nashville, Tennessee: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjlgDApB1OrU_3-1dLMHOZg

Can't say I've made any of the recipes or plan to, but I like how jovial he is.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on November 16, 2019, 04:20:37 AM
Hunter, fisher, trapper, trader, guide, scout, and interpreter, and just a country cook Steve Hall here in Nashville, Tennessee: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjlgDApB1OrU_3-1dLMHOZg

Can't say I've made any of the recipes or plan to, but I like how jovial he is.

His clip promo is beautiful, thanks.
Biscuits with chocolate gravy and soakie pie

https://youtu.be/AAGJgQX3Ads

dissolute ocelot

Mary Berry does some nice banter with firefighters and seamen, while retaining that Delia vibe. I reckon that BBC Saturday Kitchen is probably the best if you want interesting ideas of things to cook, there's a wide range from absurd to delicious-looking, but for instance last Saturday a Swedish fried chicken man was doing something with pumpkin, Brussels sprouts, and apple that's definitely going to be on my Xmas dinner table. And currently Keith Floyd. Plus, Sophie Ellis-Bextor last week, and being Saturday morning you can legitimately watch it in your underwear.

On the other hand, the worst is Nadiya Hussain, who always seems to be getting up an hour before her family to cook them weekend breakfasts and provides easy ways for working mums to cheat at cookery and still have time to look after their kids. Tell your husband to pull his finger out and stop wanking in the basement, FFS!