Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FKA twigs - MAGDALENE

Started by Ja'moke, November 08, 2019, 09:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

This is a bit bloody good, isn't it? FKA twigs new album, out today. I've only listened once so far but that's all it took to realise this is a bit special. Her voice is really incredible. Some major Kate Bush vibes.

The singles:

Cellophane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkLjqFpBh84
Sad Day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnmDMAVdaPc
Home With You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Rro6TQgpU

PlanktonSideburns

Yea cellophane is an amazing tune, rips out of her.

Ah man I love her; especially the work she did with Arca. She has artistic integrity and a voice that at it's best feels like someone pouring a bucket of ice down your spine. so happy she's finally brought a new album out

Halfway through atm and really digging it. Even this song with Future is alright.

chveik

aye those three singles are great

sevendaughters

the album is surprisingly good but i can't take the tv performances seriously, really earnest studenty dancing

imitationleather

Enjoying this a lot. She's quirky like Grimes except isn't trying so very hard with everything she does, is not shite and (as far as I know) doesn't have the planet's biggest cunt as a partner.

chveik

Quote from: imitationleather on November 22, 2019, 04:23:05 PM
Enjoying this a lot. She's quirky like Grimes except isn't trying so very hard with everything she does, is not shite and (as far as I know) doesn't have the planet's biggest cunt as a partner.

nothing like Grimes then!

which I guess was the joke.

and yes I'm enjoying it too.

peanutbutter

This album has had the effect of just repeatedly sending me back to earlier stuff instead.

Cellophane and Sad Day are great but I'd rate Two Weeks and several of the songs from the EPs above both. The pretty heavy Kate Bush influence also makes this one just feel a lot less interesting to me than her previous releases too.

kittens

girlfriend got this and has been playing it around the house a lot. i think it is quite cheesy and bad. haven't really liked anything of hers since 2 weeks.

the science eel

Saw her last night on that honky-tonk extravaganza and thought she was AWFUL. Quite possibly the worst shite I've ever heard.

Pauline Walnuts

Custard

Really enjoying this record, and I didn't really get on with the first one. Will have to give it another try now, as this is excellent stuff

Definitely some Kate Bush inspiration in there, but there probably is in most things. It feels like an album, as although there are standout tracks, they flow into each other beautifully, and it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

It's really creative, tight, focused. Great stuff

McFlymo