Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blast from the past

Started by Icehaven, November 08, 2019, 01:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Due to some technical glitch, thousands of text messages sent on Valentine's Day this year but never received were suddenly delivered on Wednesday, a mere 8 months late and occasionally from people since deceased. Apart from anything the else the unfortunate timing means a lot of people probably got ''Luv U!!'' texts from exes they've long since finished with/heard from/buried under the patio.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50345471

Sooo if this had happened to you what mess would you now be clearing up?

bgmnts

There must be a few adulterers counting their blessings right now.

Quote from: icehaven on November 08, 2019, 01:11:17 PM
Sooo if this had happened to you what mess would you now be clearing up?

A mess of the trouser variety, of course.

But on a serious note: I'm glad that Valentine's Day has retreated into the world of social media. Is there anything more embarrassing than getting a Valentine's card from someone you don't fancy back? And they sit and watch you open it. Yeesh.

BlodwynPig

"Dear Blodwyn, we loved your CV and interview. We would like to offer you the job, starting Monday. We offer a competitive salary of $200,000 plus bonuses. Please reply with your decision by tomorrow"

imitationleather

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 08, 2019, 01:19:51 PM
Is there anything more embarrassing than getting a Valentine's card from someone you don't fancy back? And they sit and watch you open it. Yeesh.

#humblebrag

idunnosomename

PPI deadline August 30th!?!

Nooooo!

Quote from: imitationleather on November 08, 2019, 01:35:09 PM
#humblebrag

Hardly. I was thinking back on my acne-ridden teenage years, and my admirer was nothing to brag about. I associate Valentine's cards with awkwardness and profound sadness.

Captain Z

So that's why I got a picture of a shoe along with "you could be having this".

Quote from: Default to the negative on November 08, 2019, 01:49:18 PM
I associate Valentine's cards females with awkwardness and profound sadness.

Classic CAB