Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Orangutan Jungle School

Started by bgmnts, November 09, 2019, 12:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

So this is a little series of videos on the Smithsonian Channel, about an Orangutan conservation group I think that teaches former pets or abandoned 'tans to survive in the jungle of Borneo.

It's genuinely the best reality television going and I could watch any ape do anything all day.

Coconut Cracking class - Valentino can't do it and resorts to theft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTtsHKKb-CI

Rainy Season - Mix it up day sends one of the classes to a flooded stream. Valentino can't swim, the card!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx52ZDZZeA

Bullying - Luthy is being bullied by the other 'tans and ends up skiving off school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfIuZXkC5bU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Da4Kwz1Qg (1.15 had me howling)

This is amazing and I am heavily invested in this.

steve98

I'll check that out. I do adore orangs. I hope if we destroy ourselves the orange chaps will fill the vacant niche; I'm sure they'd be great.

Watched this when it was on telly last year. Amazing show. Love these lil beasts.

BlodwynPig

Yeh a great show. Not dumbed down

PlanktonSideburns

hillarious they get shunted about in a barrow

bgmnts

bgmnts

I know this is about Orangutans, but i've just discovered the Siamang Gibbon. It makes the funniest noise of any animal i've ever heard when it puffs up it's frog neck. Like something from a nintendo game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMRHScRnhs

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 09, 2019, 01:47:58 PM
I know this is about Orangutans, but i've just discovered the Siamang Gibbon. It makes the funniest noise of any animal i've ever heard when it puffs up it's frog neck. Like something from a nintendo game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLMRHScRnhs

1:20 - amazing

steve98

Bull-frog throats, on an ape - who'd have thought? That evolution fella's full of crazy, funky tricks.
Gorgeous hair too; who wouldn't want a Barnet like that?

steve98

He's orange with mad hair and has no idea what's happening. Have you ever seen anything so cute?

I wish he was in the White House: We'd have nowt to worry about.

Pijlstaart

No undercoat, like werewolves, they are like beasts. There is a foul strength to them, and they were created in our image to mock us. They do not craft fine things or bring us gifts, if you offer them cutlery they will hold it with their unwashed feet. They lust after christian women, they steal babies from their cribs and replace them with their own. Their gods are so dark and ancient that we have forgotten their names and the chants that summon them.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 10, 2019, 10:55:18 AM
No undercoat, like werewolves, they are like beasts. There is a foul strength to them, and they were created in our image to mock us. They do not craft fine things or bring us gifts, if you offer them cutlery they will hold it with their unwashed feet. They lust after christian women, they steal babies from their cribs and replace them with their own. Their gods are so dark and ancient that we have forgotten their names and the chants that summon them.

Tell me more, Howard

steve98

None of that is true Howard; I'm sorry but it simply isn't.

beanheadmcginty

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 10, 2019, 10:55:18 AM

God bless Hooky Street

Replies From View

I bet they don't have a foul stench to them.

Twit 2

Gonna go round in my digger later and shovel them into graves. Have you heard the way David Attenborough pronounces their name? It's a fucking disgrace.

Flatulent Fox

I hope those hairy arsed bastards are getting a shitload of maths homework at this 'school'.
No amount of King Louie style racketeering will get them out of that.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Twit 2 on November 11, 2019, 12:30:23 AM
Gonna go round in my digger later and shovel them into graves. Have you heard the way David Attenborough pronounces their name? It's a fucking disgrace.

Orang-oo-tan, isn't it? I think he says it like the locals, but it comes across as rather pretentious when he's addressing a mainly English speaking audience. On further delving, it seems like he has a problem with a number of words. He says tuna "toona" like an American, and he says "avalanche" in a weird French accent. I think he's been hanging around animals a bit too long, it's made him go a bit funny.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 12, 2019, 02:07:38 AM
Orang-oo-tan, isn't it? I think he says it like the locals, but it comes across as rather pretentious when he's addressing a mainly English speaking audience. On further delving, it seems like he has a problem with a number of words. He says tuna "toona" like an American, and he says "avalanche" in a weird French accent. I think he's been hanging around animals a bit too long, it's made him go a bit funny.

"Keenya"

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

What, Keenya? Christ, national treasure my arsehole. The mans a fucking idiot.

BlodwynPig

Bbc tried to trump this yesterday with their sad trombone orangutan show. Brutal

idunnosomename

hes pretty fuckin old give the cunt a break

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 12, 2019, 06:55:50 AM
Bbc tried to trump this yesterday with their sad trombone orangutan show. Brutal

It was grim. I didn't like it.

Norton Canes

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 12, 2019, 06:55:50 AM
Bbc tried to trump this yesterday with their sad trombone orangutan show

Filth

Captain Z

Orang-oo-tan, isn't it? I think he says it like the locals, but it comes across as rather pretentious when he's addressing a mainly English speaking audience.

I expect he is probably pronouncing it correctly, it comes from two separate Indonesian words:

orang = person
(h)utan = forest/jungle

weekender

This is like watching the Apprentice but the business people in charge are quite nice and encouraging.

Like this, thanks for posting.

bgmnts

Orangutan Jungle School update:

Fat lad Beni had a tree fall on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d37c8yf0dRE