Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:02:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Koko-di Koko-da (2019)

Started by chveik, November 09, 2019, 02:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

new comedy horror film from swedish director Johannes Nyholm

QuoteAs a couple goes on a trip to find their way back to each other, a sideshow artist and his shady entourage emerge from the woods, terrorizing them, luring them deeper into a maelstrom of psychological terror and humiliating slapstick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6La8bKxCPtM

could be good, could be wank, let's find out shall we?

BlodwynPig

another Mr. Lizard

This one screened at Derby Film Festival yesterday, to a mixed response. I liked it but have to confess I didn't really understand it. The Groundhog Day-but-not-quite stuff that takes up much of the final two-thirds really worked for me, particularly because it doesn't make much of an attempt to establish rules or any internal logic (though that may be a factor sufficient to alienate some viewers). The bizarre qualities of the central trio are almost eclipsed by an equally odd buck-toothed comedy duo who appear early on, sort of the 'Toni Erdmann' starter before the 'mother!' main course (I reference those films in terms of tone and my personal responses, rather than in content comparative to 'Koko-Di Koko-Da')

Impress your friends and/or the box office staff at your local arthouse by telling them that the 'Da' in the title is pronounced 'day'.