Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

5G LED WEAPON SYSTEM DEPLOYED ON THE STREETS OF THE UK

Started by Endicott, November 09, 2019, 02:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I've seen a few bits of '5g is a weapon' graffiti round here.

I like how even his youtube username is in upper case

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

Cuellar

QuoteHonestly, I don't know anything about electricity, how it works, or anything about circuit boards, so I don't fully understand how this works or what the components do. This still does intimidate me.

metaltax

"Genocide on the streets of Gateshead"

Unused Morrisey lyrics #347 etc.

I admire his belief that this is all being implemented by shadowy local councils. Ours can barely collect the bins every two weeks.

Twed

I was a bit upset by Adam Buxton and Chris Morris talking about phone towers and their medical effects.

"Some people are sensitive to it"
"We just don't know the effects it has on the human body"

No they aren't, yes we do.

Sebastian Cobb

I used to work with a bloke who had a metal pin in his chest and thought he was sensitive to RF. Our office was high up so there was a lot of comms on it. I think there were microwave links to offshore rigs and stuff.

I thought it was bollocks and more to do with his crap posture and drinking 4-6 pints every night. I'm not a doctor though. He did manage to persuade one to remove his metal plate though.

a duncandisorderly

I might start a drinking game- subscribe to his channels & take a swig every time he says 'delivery system'.

favourite comment:

"This is the new spirit cooking. They terrorize people then cook them like a crock pot on legs. This replaces cooking them in ovens in camps in the woods in Germany, burning them at the stake in the town square in England, turning them into a human kebab on a cross in the hot sun. Same feast, diff cooking methods. Today we re just crock pots on legs. The cops know all about it. They will NOT help you. They will flag you and target you. Take care brother. They are indeed genociding and replacing the home rule Britons. The council are the gestapo. They abused me so badly I went into shock, my body went rigid and I fell off the chair. They laughed and left the room. Thankfully they were gone long enough, and I could hear them snickering behind the door, to reach for some nitro glycerine in my bag....and get myself on my feet and stagger out of there. I went there to show them proof of something terrible that I won't go into now. Related to satanic child abuse. They are monsters. I had my eyes boiled, my liver cooked and they attacked my heart until I had a heart attack, which the hospital lied about. I knew they were lying, so I said to the doctor, who was not English, that if i died it would . be on him personally...and he jumped up and slapped the ECG down, that he'd just told me said there is nothing wrong with me and I could leave the hospital. The ECG which I still have, said "anterior eschemic infarction" which means....."she's had a heart attack". It's been 4 years and I've not recovered.  I lost my ability to even walk my dog. For weeks I could not climb stairs without resting half way up."

but what if he's right?

Quote from: Twed on November 09, 2019, 02:54:58 PM
I was a bit upset by Adam Buxton and Chris Morris talking about phone towers and their medical effects.

"Some people are sensitive to it"
"We just don't know the effects it has on the human body"

No they aren't, yes we do.

How exactly do we know?

I don't personally subscribe to any of these cellphones-cause-cancer things, but I also know that corporations are probably constantly feeding us stuff that is highly toxic and unregulated.

buzby

What a massive whopper. I'd love to see someone try to get a death ray out of a 10cm monopole radiator PCB track antenna. The only thing you would get is vapourised copper and the smell of burnt fibreglass.

Twed

Dr Trouser

RF in the GHz region is no joke. Of course it depends on the magnitude but as someone who was the RadHaz officer for eurofighter testing i'd approach any base station with some trepidation until I knew what was in it.

Mobile devices though, fuck 'em - fine

Edit - I haven't watched the video as I assume it's all bollocks

Twed

Twed

Quote from: Dr Trouser on November 09, 2019, 03:56:36 PM
RF in the GHz region is no joke. Of course it depends on the magnitude but as someone who was the RadHaz officer for eurofighter testing i'd approach any base station with some trepidation until I knew what was in it
if it feels hot go away from it

Quote from: Twed on November 09, 2019, 03:07:29 PM
The same way we know that your toaster doesn't give you sunburn

The science of little metal wires that heat up is slightly different and less complex than the science of massive electromagnetic radiation and its potential effects on the fragile (and still significantly unknown) human body.

I take your point, but this still seems to me like a situation where the dismissal of (non-crazy-person) concerns has more to do with the socialized fallacy in all of us that "they" (corporations, the government) wouldn't let something happy if it was truly harmful.

Sebastian Cobb

We know a lot about what various wavelengths do to tissue and can model it.

GSM has also been around for almost 30 years now, so we have plenty of field data to go on as well.

Most people who are concerned about mobile masts have no basic concept of field strength and how little the radiation from them is compared to a phone at their head (despite the erp of the phone being much less).

Flouncer

Fucking hell, he's got another video saying that the people in Grenfell whose bodies weren't found were vaporised by microwave radiation from 5G antennas. Thats... A pretty fucking mental thing to believe, mate.

Twed

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on November 09, 2019, 04:13:41 PM
I take your point, but this still seems to me like a situation where the dismissal of (non-crazy-person) concerns has more to do with the socialized fallacy in all of us that "they" (corporations, the government) wouldn't let something happy if it was truly harmful.
I agree with you there, but I'd worry more about the way our food is processed in that case. We knew a lot about radio (as Sebastian points out) from the days before even the oldest megalomaniacs that control corporations that kill us now were born.

The only radio towers you need to worry about are the old AM ones sending kilowatts of juice into the air. And you're not going to go and lick one of those, so just don't worry about them at all. Tempting though, as they are really fucking cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHSuInSkHtA

Twed

But that little red bulb at the end of remote controls... do we REALLY understand that?

Point your remotes away from your bodies, people.

Twed

Twed

Quotethat's awesome. Man you should cook a hotdog with it. "look Bubba, it's a singing wiener"

Entire comments are a goldmine of that kind of Americana humour that has mainly gone extinct.

Cuellar

Quote from: buzby on November 09, 2019, 03:00:31 PM
What a massive whopper. I'd love to see someone try to get a death ray out of a 10cm monopole radiator PCB track antenna. The only thing you would get is vapourised copper and the smell of burnt fibreglass.

You probably learnt that from a book or something though. And who writes the books?

Yes, the borough council. They've been running things from the get go.

a duncandisorderly

yes, it's clearly just a receiver anyway. it's a fancy remote for streetlights, but somehow he thinks the LEDs themselves are going to be weaponised.

we'll be fine though.

Jasha

Just turned a DVD player into a Class 4 laser, now off to vaporise Bob Cryer

Johnny Yesno

I know precious little about electronics. Is there anything in what he says about the components being illegal or the thickness of the wires or the redundancy of the powerful capacitors for powering LEDs?

buzby

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 09, 2019, 08:45:45 PM
I know precious little about electronics. Is there anything in what he says about the components being illegal or the thickness of the wires or the redundancy of the powerful capacitors for powering LEDs?
The black box with the antenna he says is a RADAR scanner was made by Harvard Technology. They were a comoany that offered smart control of streetlighting to local authorities, with the control of the lighting outsourced to Harvard's network (which they called LeafNut) carried over GPRS mobile data networks (they went bankrupt at the end of 2018, which left their customers in the lurch and unable to turn off their street lighting during the day as they no longer controlled their own streetlighting).

Harvard supplied councils with a lighting control webserver called a TrunkNode that conencted into Harvard's system. The lampheads were divided into master controllers called BranchNodes (which had the GSM/GPRS modem and a wireless access point in them) which controlled up to 256 'slave' lampheads called Leafnodes via it's local wireless interface (this was obviously for cost reasons so you didn't havr to put a modem in each lamphead). See this PDF for more information on LeafNut.

It seems Harvard Technology started off as a supplier of LED Drivers, and rhen decided to expand into providing managed services of streetlighting for councils via 'connected' lamp housings. It looks like that didn't work out and they collapsed. The company has been reborn as Harvard Power Systems, and have gone back to supplying LED driver modules.

Westminister and Gateshead Councils were subscribers to Harvard s LeafNut system. The black box is Harvard's LeafNode local wireless transceiver (it is one of the 'slave' lampheads) and light controller with an external antenna (as the enclosures of the lampheads are cast aluminium, they need an external antenna). This connects via wireless to a master BranchNode lamphead (which has the GSM/GPRS modem module in  it to connect into Harvard's network). It has a 3-core cable coming off it with red, black and yellow conductors. The red and black will be the power and ground supply, and the yellow will be a control signal (most probably using the serial I2C protocol) that it uses to turn the lamp on and off or control the brightness.

The control module is connected to the large white box, which is the LED Driver module. Large arrays of LEDS used in streetlamp or office suspended ceiling light module are run in strings of LEDs in series for best efficiency. Each white LED needs 3.2V across it, so for a string of say 50 LEDS in series you need a regulated voltage of 160V DC. If you have 100 LEDs in a string, you would need 320V DC.

LEDs also need precise control of the current through them to preserve their life,  so some active control of the current is required (called a Constant Current supply - typically 30-50mA in each string for conventional LEDs or 750ma-1A for high power types). The LED Driver module provides the voltage and current regulation - it is in effect a very accurate Switch Mode Power Supply like the one in your TV or PC, except instead of converting 240V to 12V, 5V and 3.3V it's converting it  to somewhere between 100 and 400V, depending on what length of strings it's driving. It basically fulfils the same role as the electronic ballast used with fluorescent light fittings. You need high voltage components to do this, and I see nothing out of the ordinary in those modules.

LED Drivers can also have advanced functions built into them like dimming and active brightness control (which use an external light sensor to alter their brightness relative to the ambient  light). The LED Driver achieves this by modulating the supply voltage to the strings as a square wave of varying duty cycle (how long the power is turned on and off for in a fraction of a second). If it's done properly it's far too fast for your eyes to notice, but f you were to point a high speed camera at the LED module you would see the LEDs flashing on and off very rapidly, something like 50 to 1500 times a second. The brightness is controlled by how long the LEd Driver leaves the LEDs lit for in that fraction of a second. Harvard's modem module connected to the LED driver to allow them to do this (or to turn them on and off) remotely.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: buzby on November 09, 2019, 10:27:15 PM
The black box with the antenna he says is a RADAR scanner was made by Harvard Technology. They were a comoany that offered smart control of streetlighting to local authorities, with the control of the lighting outsourced to Harvard's networks (they went bankrupt at the end of 2018, which left their customers in the lurch as they no longer controlled their own streetlighting).

It seems Harvard Technology started off as a supplier of LED Drivers, and rhen decided to expand into providing managed services of streetlighting for councils via 'connected' lamp housings. It looks like that didn't work out and they collapsed. The company has been reborn as Harvard Power Systems, and have gone back to supplying LED driver modules.

Gateshead Council were one of Harvard's subscribers. The black box is, as duncan said, a 2G/3G modem and light controller with an external antenna (as the enclosures of the lampheads are cast aluminium, they need an external antenna). This was the interface into Harvard's management system via the mobile phone network. It has a 3-core cable coming off it with red, black and yellow conductors. The red and black will be the power and ground supply, and the yellow will be a control signal (most probably using the serial I2C protocol) that it uses to turn the lamp on and off or control the brightness.

The control module is connected to the large white box, which is the LED Driver module. Large arrays of LEDS used in streetlamp or office suspended ceiling light module are run in strings of LEDs in series for best efficiency. Each white LED needs 3.2V across it, so for a string of say 50 LEDS in series you need a regulated voltage of 160V DC. If you have 100 LEDs in a string, you would need 320V DC.

LEDs also need precise control of the current through them to preserve their life,  so some active control of the current is required (called a Constant Current supply - typically 30-50mA in each string for conventional LEDs or 750ma-1A for high power types). The LED Driver module provides the voltage and current regulation - it is in effect a very accurate Switch Mode Power Supply like the one in your TV or PC, except instead of converting 240V to 12V, 5V and 3.3V it's converting it  to somewhere between 100 and 400V, depending on what length of strings it's driving. It basically fulfils the same role as the electronic ballast used with fluorescent light fittings. You need high voltage components to do this, and I see nothing out of the ordinary in those modules.

LED Drivers can also have advanced functions built into them like dimming and active brightness control (which use an external light sensor to alter their brightness relative to the ambient  light). The LED Driver achieves this by modulating the supply voltage to the strings as a square wave of varying duty cycle (how long the power is turned on and off for in a fraction of a second). If it's done properly it's far too fast for your eyes to notice, but f you were to point a high speed camera at the LED module you would see the LEDs flashing on and off very rapidly, something like 50 to 1500 times a second. The brightness is controlled by how long the LEd Driver leaves the LEDs lit for in that fraction of a second. Harvard's modem module connected to the LED driver to allow them to do this (or to turn them on and off) remotely.

Nice one. As someone who knows very little about electronics, I thought he did a half decent job of sounding like someone who knows about components, and while I didn't believe the weapon nonsense, his authoritative tone did make me think there was something odd about the device. But it turns out that even that much is complete bollocks. Thanks for your detailed reply Buzby. I really do appreciate being able to ask someone who really knows about this stuff.