Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:37:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5G LED WEAPON SYSTEM DEPLOYED ON THE STREETS OF THE UK

Started by Endicott, November 09, 2019, 02:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: Twed on November 09, 2019, 02:54:58 PM
I was a bit upset by Adam Buxton and Chris Morris talking about phone towers and their medical effects.

"Some people are sensitive to it"
"We just don't know the effects it has on the human body"

No they aren't, yes we do.

Same.

Paul Calf

What the fuck would we do without buzby? Top poster.

Zetetic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 09, 2019, 04:20:13 PM
GSM has also been around for almost 30 years now, so we have plenty of field data to go on as well.

I guess at this point we can conclusively say that GSM and CDMA cause neoliberalism.

a duncandisorderly

he clutches at straws rather with his hypothesis that the LEDs themselves could be weaponised, e.g. used to trigger seizures. I found the bits about the 400V capacitor just funny. he clearly hadn't made even a cursory examination of the way the LEDs were powered, & so the 'big' capacitor was just scary.... must be a death-ray.... thank goodness camera flashguns are a thing of the past.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Flouncer on November 09, 2019, 04:36:08 PM
Fucking hell, he's got another video saying that the people in Grenfell whose bodies weren't found were vaporised by microwave radiation from 5G antennas. Thats... A pretty fucking mental thing to believe, mate.

... Vaporised by the microwave radiation? As opposed to burnt up in the fucking massive fire going on and lost in the ensuing wreckage .. ???

touchingcloth

Quote from: Twed on November 09, 2019, 02:54:58 PM
I was a bit upset by Adam Buxton and Chris Morris talking about phone towers and their medical effects.

"Some people are sensitive to it"
"We just don't know the effects it has on the human body"

No they aren't, yes we do.

Doesn't it depend on some of the specifics of how they are being used? It's true that for the most part towers used to send and receive radio signals for telecoms have zero effect on the bodies of most people, but your human body would probably be sensitive to the effects a phone tower had on it if they popped one up your arse.

sponk

Quote from: buzby on November 09, 2019, 10:27:15 PM
The black box with the antenna he says is a RADAR scanner was made by Harvard Technology. They were a comoany that offered smart control of streetlighting to local authorities, with the control of the lighting outsourced to Harvard's network (which they called LeafNut) carried over GPRS mobile data networks (they went bankrupt at the end of 2018, which left their customers in the lurch and unable to turn off their street lighting during the day as they no longer controlled their own streetlighting).

Harvard supplied councils with a lighting control webserver called a TrunkNode that conencted into Harvard's system. The lampheads were divided into master controllers called BranchNodes (which had the GSM/GPRS modem and a wireless access point in them) which controlled up to 256 'slave' lampheads called Leafnodes via it's local wireless interface (this was obviously for cost reasons so you didn't havr to put a modem in each lamphead). See this PDF for more information on LeafNut.

It seems Harvard Technology started off as a supplier of LED Drivers, and rhen decided to expand into providing managed services of streetlighting for councils via 'connected' lamp housings. It looks like that didn't work out and they collapsed. The company has been reborn as Harvard Power Systems, and have gone back to supplying LED driver modules.

Westminister and Gateshead Councils were subscribers to Harvard s LeafNut system. The black box is Harvard's LeafNode local wireless transceiver (it is one of the 'slave' lampheads) and light controller with an external antenna (as the enclosures of the lampheads are cast aluminium, they need an external antenna). This connects via wireless to a master BranchNode lamphead (which has the GSM/GPRS modem module in  it to connect into Harvard's network). It has a 3-core cable coming off it with red, black and yellow conductors. The red and black will be the power and ground supply, and the yellow will be a control signal (most probably using the serial I2C protocol) that it uses to turn the lamp on and off or control the brightness.

The control module is connected to the large white box, which is the LED Driver module. Large arrays of LEDS used in streetlamp or office suspended ceiling light module are run in strings of LEDs in series for best efficiency. Each white LED needs 3.2V across it, so for a string of say 50 LEDS in series you need a regulated voltage of 160V DC. If you have 100 LEDs in a string, you would need 320V DC.

LEDs also need precise control of the current through them to preserve their life,  so some active control of the current is required (called a Constant Current supply - typically 30-50mA in each string for conventional LEDs or 750ma-1A for high power types). The LED Driver module provides the voltage and current regulation - it is in effect a very accurate Switch Mode Power Supply like the one in your TV or PC, except instead of converting 240V to 12V, 5V and 3.3V it's converting it  to somewhere between 100 and 400V, depending on what length of strings it's driving. It basically fulfils the same role as the electronic ballast used with fluorescent light fittings. You need high voltage components to do this, and I see nothing out of the ordinary in those modules.

LED Drivers can also have advanced functions built into them like dimming and active brightness control (which use an external light sensor to alter their brightness relative to the ambient  light). The LED Driver achieves this by modulating the supply voltage to the strings as a square wave of varying duty cycle (how long the power is turned on and off for in a fraction of a second). If it's done properly it's far too fast for your eyes to notice, but f you were to point a high speed camera at the LED module you would see the LEDs flashing on and off very rapidly, something like 50 to 1500 times a second. The brightness is controlled by how long the LEd Driver leaves the LEDs lit for in that fraction of a second. Harvard's modem module connected to the LED driver to allow them to do this (or to turn them on and off) remotely.

Cool story bro

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 09, 2019, 11:09:12 PM
What the fuck would we do without buzby? Top poster.

Gradually disappear into a vortex of paranoia.

Zetetic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 10, 2019, 11:22:35 AM
Doesn't it depend on some of the specifics of how they are being used? It's true that for the most part towers used to send and receive radio signals for telecoms have zero effect on the bodies of most people, but your human body would probably be sensitive to the effects a phone tower had on it if they popped one up your arse.

I remember reading about mobile phone masts and how they must be sited, including the warning signs that are used. I bet is was Buzby again, wasn't it? Anyway, as far as I remember, you can't just go wandering up to one without there being some serious health implications.

On the subject of whether phones themselves are a health hazard, this is worth a watch:

Do Cell Phones Cause Brain Tumors?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5XkhUGzBs

tl;dw? It appears not but we only really know this because we went ahead and used them anyway and nothing bad happened.

buzby

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 10, 2019, 02:29:42 PM
I remember reading about mobile phone masts and how they must be sited, including the warning signs that are used. I bet is was Buzby again, wasn't it? Anyway, as far as I remember, you can't just go wandering up to one without there being some serious health implications.
Yea it was in the 'Stupid questions you always wanted answering' thread here. Basically you run the risk of getting burned or boiled if you get too close to an active cell antenna.

weekender

Well that explains why I have a small blister on my thumb today.

Glad it wasn't anything to do with the burned pizza, or the burnt chicken, or all of the mess on my floor.

Twed

weekender

I take it all back and it's obviously not the Russians or IKEA.

kngen

I just like the way he pronounced whistleblower - wisslebluah

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: buzby on November 10, 2019, 04:09:59 PM
Yea it was in the 'Stupid questions you always wanted answering' thread here. Basically you run the risk of getting burned or boiled if you get too close to an active cell antenna.

Haha. See? You're not wasting your time. Some of this stuff does go in and I even remember enough of it to be absolutely no help in a conversation.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: kngen on November 10, 2019, 06:15:50 PM
I just like the way he pronounced whistleblower - wisslebluah

And that is why Geordie is dangerous. People will believe any old shit if it's delivered in a trustworthy accent.

Twed

I love the creativity of delusional people: "Chips in dogs have a high gain antenna too size of the grain of rice rfid, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew when someone is indoors by the dogs movement "

Twed

Twed

"A number of people have contacted Northumbria police about the genocide that's been committed on the people in Gateshead"

And NOTHING has been done?

Twed

Twed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Vkebt-i6k

This (short) video is so good. You can imagine him at a charity launch or a school meeting or just anything where something vaguely positive along the lines of helping children learn and thrive, yelling "YOU CRIMINAL SCUMBAGS".

"Anthony, we're just trying to give every child at school their own personal computer that they can tinker with and maybe learn to..."
"YOU BASTARDS, YOU'RE BLINDING THEM WITH THE WIFI CONNECTION LEDS. DON'T LEARN PYTHON KIDS, IT GIVES YOU BRAIN CANCER"

pupshaw

Optical Radiation in Kids Eyes... bastards. I'm using that from now on.

Cuellar

He sounds like Andy Dawson slowed down doing his Secret Footballer

buzby

The thing is, he's squalking about the hardware of the LeafNode module, saying it's a 5G RADAR death ray, but it only operates in the 868MHz band reserved for low-power WAN devices. That band was created for wireless telemetry applications for 'connected' devices when the terrestrial TV was turned off - it's just above the old UHF analogue TV Band (Channel 68 was at 850MHz) and is limited to 500mW transmit power.

The 'master' module the LeafNodes connected to that had the GPRS mobile transceiver is the BranchNode, which looks completely different - it's a large white dome:

These seem to have passed him by completely.

Norton Canes

Plus also... that first video was way too TL:DW, but isn't the main flaw in his conspiracy theory that as soon as these concealed weapons are used once, their cover is completely blown?

buzby

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 11, 2019, 11:13:23 AM
Plus also... that first video was way too TL:DW, but isn't the main flaw in his conspiracy theory that as soon as these concealed weapons are used once, their cover is completely blown?
Ah, but you see as well as being a death ray the rapidly flashing LEDs act like the Neuraliser from Men In Black, so any witnesses would immediately forget what they had seen.

imitationleather

Quote from: Twed on November 10, 2019, 07:06:04 PM
"A number of people have contacted Northumbria police about the genocide that's been committed on the people in Gateshead"

And NOTHING has been done?

A genocide would probably raise the house prices in Gateshead.

Twed