Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuck Off Liz Kershaw.

Started by Camp Tramp, November 09, 2019, 03:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camp Tramp

Just turned on the radio and heard Liz Kershaw's voice. It filled me with irritation and I switched the radio off.
Which presenter or artist makes you tune out or turn off?

Rizla

She's very irksome. Wasn't it her who recently lost her shit at the CMP twitter account for posting the cover of DLT's horrible photography book?

Sebastian Cobb

It's annoying. Sandwiched between two good presenters as well.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Rizla on November 09, 2019, 03:04:21 PM
She's very irksome. Wasn't it her who recently lost her shit at the CMP twitter account for posting the cover of DLT's horrible photography book?

What's CMP? Colour Me Pop?

daf

Chart Music Podcast
QuoteSorry. What is this? And what podcast? DLT is a convicted sex offender. And rightly so. Do you think what he did to his colleagues is a joke?!

Weirdly, she has no problem with this fella!
QuoteJust spent a great hour with Pete Townsend @BBC6Music talking @TheWho and his new novel.

holyzombiejesus

She took the piss out of Lawrence when Back in Denim came out so fuck her.

Maconie  - knows far less than he pretends to yet has an air of total certainty when spouting total bollocks that can be refuted with 30 seconds on Google.

Dr Rock

QuoteIn November 2012, Kershaw was named in a case involving the suicide of BBC journalist Russell Joslin,[12] who had alleged that Kershaw had sexually harassed him.[13]

Head Gardener

I bought a load of promo cds she was selling at a local car boot - many un-played and sealed, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey y'know good stuff that she doesn't seem to appreciate

shiftwork2

6 Music dead wood, but she's not the only example of that.  Also, went off on one a few years ago when she got caught speeding.  From memory it was classic indignant 'police should go after real criminals and leave me to do whatever I want'.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 09, 2019, 06:50:15 PM
6 Music dead wood, but she's not the only example of that.  Also, went off on one a few years ago when she got caught speeding.  From memory it was classic indignant 'police should go after real criminals and leave me to do whatever I want'.

Rick Wakeman's show on Planet Rock used to be great for reactionary brainfarts.

alan nagsworth

Listening to Lauren Laverne is like having a shit filled nappy attached to the grill of a car and driven into my face at full speed.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on November 09, 2019, 05:05:47 PM
Maconie  - knows far less than he pretends to yet has an air of total certainty when spouting total bollocks that can be refuted with 30 seconds on Google.
100% yes. He's awful.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 09, 2019, 07:31:13 PM
Listening to Lauren Laverne is like having a shit filled nappy attached to the grill of a car and driven into my face at full speed.
100% yes. She's awful too.

I just discovered that Andrew Collins is still on the radio, doing a show on Classic FM. If I were ever in a position to listen to that station, and he came on, I would put my foot through the radio and send Collins the bill. And maybe a box full of shit.

shiftwork2

At the risk of this turning into a 6 Music thread, I've been perplexed by how much I dislike Lauren Laverne at breakfast.  The mid-morning show was fine, quite good even.  It doesn't work early doors for some reason.  And that's replacing the atrocious Shaun Keaveney who had been treading water for many years.  Says something that I'd rather wake up to Today.

Camp Tramp

From what I can tell, 6Music hasn't had any new blood in for a while. They just seem to rotate their existing staff into different slots?
I have fond memories of when I listened to the station back in 2008. True there were some awful presenters, things did seem to get shaken up once in a while though.

Camp Tramp

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 09, 2019, 07:53:56 PM
At the risk of this turning into a 6 Music thread, I've been perplexed by how much I dislike Lauren Laverne at breakfast.  The mid-morning show was fine, quite good even.  It doesn't work early doors for some reason.  And that's replacing the atrocious Shaun Keaveney who had been treading water for many years.  Says something that I'd rather wake up to Today.

I've no objection this turning into a Radio 6 thread, or a thread about DJs in general.

idunnosomename

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 09, 2019, 07:31:13 PM
i think shes good on desert island discs. better than the last two presenters anyway.

god when she presented the culture show on bbc two though. grave

Head Gardener

Quote from: Camp Tramp on November 10, 2019, 12:46:05 AM
I've no objection this turning into a Radio 6 thread, or a thread about DJs in general.

thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!! may I add, Mary errrrm... Anne ummmmmm.... Hobbs who does my head in

poodlefaker

Kershaw is unlistenable, her voice grates and the music is generic landfill for people who still think  The Stone Roses is the greatest album ever made. Maconie = northern Danny Baker. Mary-Anne Hobbs' tone of being perpetually awestruck by the majesty of music becomes quickly trying, I find.

Gilles Peterson is about the  only 6 Music show I can listen to these days.

wosl

Presenters: Chris Evans (cannot form any sort of rapport with golf-playing, vintage Ferrari-owning, new family-oriented chirper), Steve Wright (blithe, cynical, clapped-out), Glen Cairns Ken Bruce (cloying bonhomie), Graham Norton (schmoozer; annoying laugh)

Singers: Elvis Costello, Stina Nordenstam, Nick Cave (have hazarded reasons for my dislike of these in other threads)

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Camp Tramp on November 10, 2019, 12:46:05 AM

top ten not-favourite broadcasters. but do we not risk ire, having another list thread? dunno....

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: daf on November 09, 2019, 03:49:31 PM
Chart Music Podcast
Weirdly, she has no problem with this fella!

That's a low blow. It's well documented that Townshend was naive and fucked up but he's hardly comparable to DLT.

beanheadmcginty

Back in the glory days of Danny Baker's 3pm show on BBC London I used to dread catching the end of Robert Elms. Boring professional Londoner shite. He'd actually have a bloke phone in regularly to discuss bus routes.

I still really enjoy Radcliffe and Maconie and was quite put out when they were moved to the semi-graveyard spot of early weekend mornings. I'm well aware of Stuart's reciting of Wikipedia articles he has just read as if he is an expert, but it doesn't bug me. I just think they are pleasant chaps with taste in music and a sense of humour I appreciate.

PaulTMA

6Music is definitely the best station for people to text in about their favourite venues and for Guy Garvey to mention he's the lead singer of Elbow

Quote from: wosl on November 10, 2019, 03:54:39 PM
Presenters: Chris Evans (cannot form any sort of rapport with golf-playing, vintage Ferrari-owning, new family-oriented chirper), Steve Wright (blithe, cynical, clapped-out), Glen Cairns Ken Bruce (cloying bonhomie), Graham Norton (schmoozer; annoying laugh)

Singers: Elvis Costello, Stina Nordenstam, Nick Cave (have hazarded reasons for my dislike of these in other threads)

Can you link to a Costello one?

Barry Admin

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 10, 2019, 05:21:14 PM
top ten not-favourite broadcasters. but do we not risk ire, having another list thread? dunno....

Give it a rest mate will you.

wosl

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on November 10, 2019, 09:13:19 PMCan you link to a Costello one?

I register my dislike on this thread page and this thread page, although I don't elaborate beyond saying I don't like his voice, it's true.  Take it that it's its whiny-cum-sneery rasp.  Why did you want a link?!

idunnosomename

only "DJ" station i listen to these days is Radio 3 and no one on that annoys me anymore since Roger Wright fucked off as controller and stopped it trying to be just like Classic FM

I mean if there was anything on DAB that played extreme metal I might listen to it

Quote from: Camp Tramp on November 09, 2019, 03:00:34 PM
Which presenter or artist makes you tune out or turn off?

Zoe Ball.  Just fucking exhausting to listen to.  Talking for the sake of talking.  Nothing remotely interesting or witty.  Just blathering on and on and on (and on), barely taking a breath.