Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuck Off Liz Kershaw.

Started by Camp Tramp, November 09, 2019, 03:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thugler

Quote from: poodlefaker on November 13, 2019, 11:13:09 AM
Yeah, as a jazz fan I like the way he just bungs it in with  the rest of the stuff rather than pigeonholing it. I know some people find his delivery a bit cringeworthy, but I like his enthusiasm.

He's great, but he constantly sounds like he's delighted with the smell of his own farts. Also talks a bit too much guff about labels and stuff.

Geoffs~Cape

For the Gilles Peterson fans, he has his own station now: https://worldwidefm.net/

poodlefaker

His farts are modal; occasionally semi-improvisatory.

Liz Kershaw is unlistenable.

"Ooh, alright, what's this then... OK, a song by Foo Fighters, next, for.... I can't find it. If you did the texting-in thing and asked for this, it's for you! I think?"

* something else plays *

Agree that Gideon Coe is fantastic. Would clearly rather be playing music than speaking, but if I ever fall into a coma I want his show played (if people want me to wake up / live) at me. It's always a worry when he's off sick (like two nights ago) but near-torture when it's Tom Robinson filling in. We know you were in a band, mate. So were most of you cunts.

Shug Morgan from out of the indie band Fun Loving Criminals might be my least favourite because he's on at a time when I am generally at my happiest. If he's that Noo Yoik why doesn't he fuck off and live there any time in the last 20 years? Doesn't he live in a farm house in Somerset? Bet he doesn't speak like that to his neighbours, knowwatamsayin', yo?

Don "I invented reggae AND punk" Letts can fuck up too. Twat. Telling us impressionable listeners how diverse his 'Culture Clash' show is then playing Bob Marley followed by the Vaccines or whatever the fuck.

Head Gardener

poodlefaker

I like Don Letts but he always sounds like he's reading from a script that he wrote the night before. Tom Robinson truly dreadful.

NattyDread 2

You are all very right. Giles and the odd bit of Iggy is all I can be doing with on that station. I'll even let Iggy off with a bit of singing along over the end of a track because he's Iggy and not Craig Charles. Talking of which, what a shite theme tune for a Funk and Soul show that is. He can stick his sunglasses up his arse and fuck off while he's at it.

Pink Gregory