Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vic & Bob's Big Night Out S2

Started by Malcy, November 09, 2019, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

Quote from: Otisberg on November 29, 2019, 12:24:08 PM
Remember this from SNL?

I guess Bob liked it

https://youtu.be/oaRiOU5IiXw?t=233

you fucker. I've been watching these ever since I saw your post.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Enzo on November 30, 2019, 11:58:30 PM
you fucker. I've been watching these ever since I saw your post.

We had a thread about them last year: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,64877.0.html

I love them, but everyone I've ever shown them to looks at me like I'm a lunatic. I think SNL just turns some people cold.

poodlefaker

I've heard Vic & Bob might be doing a short tour of select venues quite soon

DrGreggles

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 02, 2019, 02:24:54 PM

I hope they come to some shit holes too.

SteveDave

Bob's doing an Athletico Mince tour too. Does he have a big tax bill or sutin?

dunelm

Quote from: SteveDave on December 02, 2019, 02:57:21 PM
Bob's doing an Athletico Mince tour too. Does he have a big tax bill or sutin?

They're doing 4 dates for Mince, I really don't think Bob does Mince for the money. When you see a 50 date tour you know it's financially driven.

DrGreggles

This show makes me so bloody happy.

the science eel

Handful of posts on the various Vic Reeves Fb groups saying they're finished, the shows feature nothing but tired old gags and they should hang it up.

All I know is that I spent most of this evening's show laughing my socks off.

DrGreggles

Quote from: the science eel on December 04, 2019, 11:18:51 PM
Handful of posts on the various Vic Reeves Fb groups saying they're finished, the shows feature nothing but tired old gags and they should hang it up.

They're entitled to their opinions.
Their silly, wrong opinions...

chrispmartha

Quote from: the science eel on December 04, 2019, 11:18:51 PM

All I know is that I spent most of this evening's show laughing my socks off.

If I've learned anything about modern life it's that the majority of people posting opinions on Facebook are wrong. This just proves it.

trabuch

SpiderChrist

Last night's was the recording I went to. Absolutely glorious, especially loved Novelty Island.

poodlefaker

Yeah, Tubby Baxter (Brewster?) was among Bob's greatest performances. Lesser comedians could make whole careers out of the stuff he just tosses out there.

alan nagsworth

I loved seeing them do "it's a kind of magic" again. It could never reach the lofty heights of the original (because it's quite possibly the single most hilarious thing I've ever seen) but that strip of bacon getting flung around the bell in the floor was very very funny.

NattyDread 2

Aw man. Another cracker. Bob's "Fucks' sake, the stuff they use for pepper pots" in Orno Wonder Wand had me howling, as did Lazy John's beautifully played, world weary "I'm Alright". Superb daftness throughout.

DrGreggles

I was already laughing at the tiny drummer in Vic's mouth, but I lost it when the drums fell over and was completely gone when he waved.

Only Vic & Bob can do this to me.

Norton Canes

Thought Vic was excellent in the Attenborough sketch, ably supported by Bob's interjections of course

gilbertharding

I remember the 'pour me cat out some milk... dunt know how it got in there' joke from Big Night Outs of yore, and it made me wistful.

And then the Man with the Stick came out, with his proper cardboard helmet (not the futuristic abomination from last time) and I suddenly worried that it really was the end. The very end.

But - we never got shown what was on the end of the stick, did we?

jobotic

I remember that joke well and often think of it. Tried to tell it to my son some time ago but he wasn't impressed.

I have always had it in my head that Barbara Streisand is really called Barbara Streislands too.

poodlefaker

Also "I put so much petrol in my car...I couldn't get in it" is 1990 vintage. This episode is the funniest thing I've seen all year. The ghost that comes in and says "sorry", and Vaun is up there with Uncle Peter and the booze for the baby bloke.

Dewt

A lot of those jokes (including the petrol one) have featured in Peter Beardsley's bits in Athletico.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dewt on December 13, 2019, 11:05:04 PM
A lot of those jokes (including the petrol one) have featured in Peter Beardsley's bits in Athletico.

Spoiler alert
That's not really Peter Beardsley - it's Bob
[close]

magval

Quote from: Dewt on December 13, 2019, 11:05:04 PM

See also "ohhhhh yeah"  and "dehhhhh".

Alberon

Bob's bandy-legged walk with the horn and the pipe just kills me.

Quote from: Alberon on December 15, 2019, 06:16:16 AM

Absolutely kills me this as well.

Pseudopath

My favourite neo-Bobism is that over-exuberant "Woooooow!" noise he made after Vic's beatboxing. Joyous.

Dannyhood91

Quote from: Alberon on December 15, 2019, 06:16:16 AM

I was in tears of laughter at that too.

the science eel

Not as many big laughs as last week's, for me, but that was the best Mulligan and O'Hare bit I think I've EVER seen.

Small Man Big Horse

This has now been officially announced - https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/12/19/45034/vic_and_bob_announce_live_dates?rss - it's "An Audience With..." kind of show rather than a Big Night Out type affair, but I'd still love to go, and will do if they announce a London date.