Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,473
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vic & Bob's Big Night Out S2

Started by Malcy, November 09, 2019, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

magval

Can anyone tell me what that weird music cue that played when Bob did the snooker bit on the desk is from? Prog album? Horror film?

weaseldust

Quote from: magval on December 19, 2019, 08:32:27 PM
Can anyone tell me what that weird music cue that played when Bob did the snooker bit on the desk is from? Prog album? Horror film?

throbbing gristle - hamburger lady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtTneSsNJ0

magval

Knew it. It was this forum pointed me to it in the first place back in the scary music thread. Cheers!

DrGreggles

niat

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 20, 2019, 08:06:30 AM
Bob's on WILTY tonight!

And he's on the 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown Christmas Special on Monday night.

poodlefaker

Vic doing a London  accent is one of my favourite things; I love Frank Roddham and the Attenborough cameraman.

willy crossit

echoes of Chris Bell from The Smell Of

the science eel

Franc Roddam is the producer of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, I think. Something like that, anyway.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 20, 2019, 03:42:55 PM
Vic doing a London  accent is one of my favourite things; I love Frank Roddham and the Attenborough cameraman.

Ha, yes! It's such a specific type of London accent, is it local to a particular area or just a type of person?

rasta-spouse

I'm pretty sure Franc Roddham is also the name of the guy who came up with the idea for Masterchef in the 90s.

Also, normally I hate Vic & Bob hitting each other with frying pans, but they really did well with it this time.

jobotic

Quote from: jamiefairlie on December 20, 2019, 09:23:59 PM
Ha, yes! It's such a specific type of London accent, is it local to a particular area or just a type of person?

It sounds SE London/Kent to me.

Whassat mate, one of your wife's stockings? Blimey she's a big old bird.

willy crossit

hahaha...him slipping down that riverbank is one of my favourite bits of anything

poodlefaker

Quote from: jobotic on December 21, 2019, 10:24:23 AM
It sounds SE London/Kent to me.

Yeah, also a middle-aged bloke who fancies himself as a bit sophisticated.

Fuck me, Bill Decker's wife Joan is genius. "She's got 'er cloth on".

jobotic

Quote from: willy crossit on December 21, 2019, 10:38:31 PM
hahaha...him slipping down that riverbank is one of my favourite bits of anything

I feel bad saying this as Bob only plays the straight man in it, but Chris Bell's FisHING REPORT is possibly my favourite Vic and Bob moment.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: the science eel on December 20, 2019, 06:17:14 PM
Franc Roddam is the producer of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, I think. Something like that, anyway.

He also directed Quadrophenia.

non capisco

Chalk me up as another one who loves Vic's cockney/SE England accent. Anything he says in it is comedic bliss to me. His mocking laughter at Bob's '..For Cups' presentations has also been getting me good.

jobotic

Watched the third one last night. Today I'm still laughing at "a new potato? Well it was new to me".

poodlefaker

Has this finished then? How many episodes have been on, 3? 4?

the science eel

I hope we don't have to wait until Christmas until they do anything else (on TV) together, but I guess that's what might happen

the science eel

That fourth one was absolute shite, wasn't it? Leftovers, I guess