Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Half Man, Half Biscuit

Started by Cuntbeaks, November 10, 2019, 05:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

Everybody's doing the Len Ganley stance.

Praise the Lord you all look so beautiful.

SpiderChrist

Shame they don't gig more often, they could have been the next Barron Knights.

SteveDave

As I clicked on this thread "Split Single With Happy Lounge Label Mates" started on my iPod. Glory days.

jamiefairlie

Harsh Times in Umberstone Covert is currently maintaining its place high amongst my tracks of the year.

Cuellar

Playing 5 mins walk up the road from me.

I won't be going.

Sin Agog

Reminds me, I miss the lovely cabber itsfredtitmus.  He'd PM you even if no one else knew you from Adam, and he was a total scholar.

Psmith

I like the band name,that's it!

Calistan

I have only a few albums of theirs but the lyrics are often amazing. Sharp. And also pleasantly silly - I was just singing along to the Len Ganley Stance.

Dannyhood91

I saw them @ Holmfirth earlier in the year and they were really good

Golden E. Pump

I do often wonder if they have the 'mermaid' deal going on anatomically whereby their bottom half is biscuit and their top half is man. The alternative perturbs me; a biscuit for a head and torso (presumably with human facial features, as most biscuits don't have these) with the bipedal posture of an athletic hominoid.

Rolf Lundgren

They're just bloody great. Their last three albums have been some of their best.

SteK

Not listened to much of their stuff but the titles make me piss....

All I Want For Christmas is a Dual Prague Away Kit.

Two Goal Cushion

And, my favourite

CSI Ambleside

Or am I thinking Macc Lads?

spaghetamine

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets!

SteveDave

I've been listening to their LPs this week and all the best songs are the ones that my friend put a tape in the early 2000s for me. "Running Order Squabble Fest" being one of the best

"CND? CND? We're not going on after Chas N Dave"

jobotic

You're going home in a Crispy Ambulance!

The line "another Jack Daniels then off with me top" from Fretwork Homework pops into my head an awful lot.

SteveDave

Man alive, "CSI: Ambleside" is an amazing record. If only for "The Petty Sessions" and "Totnes Bickering Fair"

boki

Will almost certainly play'em in the pub tonight, my DJ-ing partner is from Birkenhead after all.

SteveDave

They're one of the few bands where I prefer their later output rather than their first 4 LPs.

Rizla

Quote from: SteveDave on December 12, 2019, 02:23:34 PM
They're one of the few bands where I prefer their later output rather than their first 4 LPs.
Agreed. I'd venture that 90 Bisodol is their best album, but last year's Creative Hub runs it close. "Knobheads On Quiz Shows" is just brilliant. Taylor Parkes' piece on them is a great primer.