Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Christmas Adverts 2019

Started by BritishHobo, November 10, 2019, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Can I just shock you? I like the M&S House of Pain one. It's short, I like the tune, and I secretly like that kind of short, everyman choreography.

No doubt I will see idiots mimicing it in pubs across the land (if I ever went in pubs) and silently judge  them. But I like the ad.

Blue Jam

imitationleather

Oh yes! If I ever have a stag weekend an Amazon warehouse tour is definitely getting done.

Dewt

The US is so bad at ad campaigns, they don't have the same "creative" scene in London driving everything. Went to the cinema yesterday and was amazed to see that Target's high-profile campaign was a "Here's to the do-ers, the thinkers, the bakers"-style one: https://corporate.target.com/article/2019/11/holiday-campaign

Just really unsophisticated. A solid two decades behind the UK's shit-scene.

Also fuck that cover version

That Duracell ad that thinks game controllers take AA batteries.

Pseudopath

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on December 22, 2019, 12:19:24 AM
That Duracell ad that thinks game controllers take AA batteries.

Xbox controllers do...

...although I'd imagine that most people use the Play & Charge kit.

BlodwynPig

Is the age of advert over? This is the shortest xmas ad thread ever and even JL seems hidden or disregarded this year

Quote from: Pseudopath on December 23, 2019, 08:58:31 PM
Xbox controllers do...

...although I'd imagine that most people use the Play & Charge kit.

Shit I didn't know that. Thinking about it so do wii controllers. I am a man in orthopaedic shoes.

Quote from: seepage on November 18, 2019, 03:03:45 PM
it's that Bastille twerp's horrible voice

God I hate his voice. It just screams delicate millenial wet wipe.

Marner and Me

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 23, 2019, 09:40:06 PM
Is the age of advert over? This is the shortest xmas ad thread ever and even JL seems hidden or disregarded this year
Good I despise Christmas.

idunnosomename

I did like the promoted facebook ad where the john lewis page made it look like the dragon was dropping down to the waitrose page

Icehaven

Quote from: Dewt on December 16, 2019, 12:20:50 PM
The US is so bad at ad campaigns, they don't have the same "creative" scene in London driving everything. Went to the cinema yesterday and was amazed to see that Target's high-profile campaign was a "Here's to the do-ers, the thinkers, the bakers"-style one: https://corporate.target.com/article/2019/11/holiday-campaign

Just really unsophisticated. A solid two decades behind the UK's shit-scene.

I dunno, we still get "Here's to the..." ads in the UK, definitely been at least two just in the last year or so. They stick out because they're so clichéd and terrible, which worryingly might be the whole point. If you can't think of anything new to grab their attention, think of something old.

beanheadmcginty

I swear they've redesigned the Duracell bunny in an attempt to manufacture some Sonic the Hedgehog style backlash. He's got those same fucking creepy human teeth.

Also there's an advert with a dog made of wine corks which is actually quite cute until there's a shot of it playing in a puddle of gravy that looks like nothing else except a big pool of runny shite.