Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:38:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blueberry Disappointment

Started by Jittlebags, November 11, 2019, 12:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

I've come to the conclusion, blueberries do not deliver on the promise of their visual lusciousness. My preliminary investigation on some Co-Op bought one are:

BlodwynPig

Got some the size of marbles yesterday. Not tried them yet

Glebe

Captain Z

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 11, 2019, 12:28:49 PM
I've come to the conclusion, blueberries do not deliver on the promise of their visual lusciousness. My preliminary investigation on some Co-Op bought one are:

Only Sourberry can win in this seat!

Brian Freeze

I thought this was going to be a thread about paint.

Icehaven

I tried some fresh ones a few years ago expecting them to taste like they do in blueberry muffins or blueberry cheesecake and was also disappointed to find they tasted of literally nothing. It's just sugar and flavouring in the muffins/cheesecakes then.

Norton Canes

Lordofthefiles

<Fats Domino decides to revise initial draft>

Norton Canes

poo

yeah shit fuck off give me an apple

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 11, 2019, 01:56:21 PM
That was the implication yes

Soz, I didn't read your post.
Some one told me you weren't one of "the important ones" so I scrolled on by.

Very good. 5*. Highly recommended. Would eBay with this seller again.

Tell you what, I love blueberries, but I couldn't eat a whole one!

All varieties of fruit will occasionally disappoint so it's safer to stick to foods that are reliably consistent, such as...

Yes, you're sometimes surprised by a few stray coarse hairs but mostly you know exactly what you're getting.

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 11, 2019, 03:15:54 PM
Yes, you're sometimes surprised by a few stray coarse hairs but mostly you know exactly what you're getting.

I BET YOU DO VOLTAN YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS. I BET YOU FUCKING DO.

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 11, 2019, 03:31:09 PM
I BET YOU DO VOLTAN YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS. I BET YOU FUCKING DO.

You can always spit them out if they make you gag. (Not me, I'll swallow anything).

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 11, 2019, 03:50:34 PM
and the seed was sewn for 50% of deviantart
That scene did used to make me feel funny. I couldn't work out what it was but of course I now know I had the horn.

Utter Shit

Man the names for weed types are really getting out of hand.

Blue Jam

I don't like blueberries, they taste fucking weird.

seepage

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 11, 2019, 03:15:54 PM
All varieties of fruit will occasionally disappoint so it's safer to stick to foods that are reliably consistent, such as...

Are they better than Mr. Porky?

seepage

On the Seepage Porridge DietTM (pm me for details and cost) - only variety in my local was 'Apple and Blueberry'. Not the usual apple & blackcurrant or even apple & cinnamon. Too scared to try it yet so might go hungry tonight. 

Quote from: seepage on November 11, 2019, 08:23:58 PM
Are they better than Mr. Porky?

It depends on your personal preference. Mr Porky's scratching are generally lighter and crunchier whereas the KVE product shown (they do others) contain a mix of softer scratchings with a few dangerously hard fragments thrown in to catch the consumer unawares. I currently have three broken teeth.

BlodwynPig

You should try Blodwyn's Roasted Shavings

Rev+

Quote from: icehaven on November 11, 2019, 01:33:04 PM
It's just sugar and flavouring in the muffins/cheesecakes then.

Not sure how it'd work in a cheesecake but yeah, the 'blueberries' in muffins are flavoured sugar clumps.

Jittlebags

Quote from: Rev+ on November 11, 2019, 11:23:24 PM
Not sure how it'd work in a cheesecake but yeah, the 'blueberries' in muffins are flavoured sugar clumps.

I'm glad that a Great Truth has been revealed here. Right, pomegranates and their arils are getting it next.

Ferris

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 11, 2019, 08:41:09 PM
It depends on your personal preference. Mr Porky's scratching are generally lighter and crunchier whereas the KVE product shown (they do others) contain a mix of softer scratchings with a few dangerously hard fragments thrown in to catch the consumer unawares. I currently have three broken teeth.

KVE are more likely to have unshaven scratchings, which are a West Midlands delicacy. One of the few things I (occasionally) really crave since leaving the midlands*.

(*The others are decent pints of mild and going to watch the Villa play at home)

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 12, 2019, 01:04:02 AM
KVE are more likely to have unshaven scratchings, which are a West Midlands delicacy. One of the few things I (occasionally) really crave since leaving the midlands*.

(*The others are decent pints of mild and going to watch the Villa play at home)

Ah, mild ale. Did you ever try Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild, brewed at The Beacon, Sedgley? Very strong (for mild) at 6.0 ABV and very moreish.

touchingcloth

The nadir of shit food is the blueberry muffin. Shit berry, shit cake - end them.

Ferris