Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

McDonalds strike - solidarity!

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 12, 2019, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Don't know about elsewhere, but the McD's staff round here are, on the whole, pretty good. There's even one up the road that basically acts like a local pub, people dropping in for fries/coffee and a chat. Weridly communal atmosphere considering it's just a front for a faceless multi-national corp.

If the staff organise for a raise, I'm fully behind them.

Twed

Yeah, there's a McDonald's near me where the staff's duties cross the boundary into care work at times. They are fucking amazing, and deserve to be paid more than me.

Twed

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on November 13, 2019, 10:13:05 PM
If you can't disagree with someone without calling them "evil" then there's a good chance you're an ideologue who's been brainwashed. Just saying, but you're showing all the signs.

All or nothing thinking - you're either for of us or against us/evil or pure. Another clear sign that your
brian has been compromised by a spurilous ideology.

Shouting down your 'enemy'. Wishing physical harm on people. Instructing others to engage in bullying/intimidation to silence disagreement (disgusting btw).

You're an unthinking ideological cell.
Ok cumshot

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on November 14, 2019, 11:08:32 AM
Yeah, there's a McDonald's near me where the staff's duties cross the boundary into care work at times. They are fucking amazing, and deserve to be paid more than me.

That's not a McDonald's, it's an ICE detention camp.

Twed

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on November 14, 2019, 11:42:07 AM
The ice machine is broken

That's not an ice machine, it's a Zyklon B machine.

Thomas

I've been watching a lot of Dragons Den clips recently whilst cooking my daily spicy wedges, so I understand the need to dive into negotiations with numerical wriggle room.

If, however, Mr CEO gets a visit from the ghost of Christmas McFuture and does grant his burger replicants 15 quid an hour, they'd be on more than me. GOOD. I'm scared of working at McDonald's. I'd be bad at it. I worked badly at a call centre for a year, which I imagine is exactly the same minus hot oil and pissed lads.

The McFlurries never have enough sauce though so for that reason: I'm oot.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Thomas on November 14, 2019, 06:17:23 PM
I'd be bad at it.

It's impossible to be bad at it. Unless you mean being on the tills. The machines do it all.

Twed

Quote from: Thomas on November 14, 2019, 06:17:23 PM
If, however, Mr CEO gets a visit from the ghost of Christmas McFuture and does grant his burger replicants 15 quid an hour, they'd be on more than me. GOOD.
I don't know why, but I imagine your current job is reading poetry, flopping your hair out from your eyes every 1.5 pages and clenching a rose in your teeth.

Sorry that sounds like a dig. It's just what I imagine your calling is, in a good way.

Cloud

Quote from: Twed on November 12, 2019, 11:03:19 PM
How the fuck are you making less than £28K in IT and instead of thinking about demanding a proper wage you are complaining about McDonald's workers demanding theirs? Can you not see how you are fighting for the people who are taking advantage of you? Weak as hell.

How's the view from the high horse?

It was more a rant that it's hard to get paid fairly (especially if you're borderline autistic where you're lucky to have a job in the first place) than a claim that McD's workers don't have the right to.  But you know, just assume that I'm "sneering at are hardworking burger people", I guess.

Twed

I guess I was thrown off by you saying
Quote from: Cloud on November 12, 2019, 08:22:13 PMare they having a giraffe
and bitching like a little bitch.

Cloud

I was just surprised.

Now fuck off, you tedious cunt.

Twed