Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

0bvious things you wish someone else would realise (2019 edition)

Started by Norton Canes, November 12, 2019, 10:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Cleaners - after I've used the shower room and mopped the overflowed water off the floor, I leave the mop leaning against the wall upside-down so the excess water drips off and the mop head dries. If you come in after I've done this and invert the mop so the head is back on the floor, all that will happen is that a pool of water will form around the mop head and it will be wet and therefore useless when I try to use it the next day.

I'm doing you a favour here guys. I don't have to mop the floor. Just try and make it work for me huh.

[edit: 'Overflown'? 'Overflowed'?]

Norton Canes

Twed

Dish sponges are horrible and you can't just leave them in tepid water and then rub them on a plate and call that clean.

pancreas

No, the only safe thing to do is throw them away once they've been used.

As, if you've got money to burn, you're supposed to do with condoms.

Twed

I snapped this tableau of unacceptability at work just now:

Although I actually hope that mug does get e-coli.

Twed

You don't even have to buy new sponges that often, just put them through the dishwasher regularly and buy the right kind. here's my brand, I'm sure you'll agree it's the respectable choice:

It's very Hitchhiker's Guide, I think

Blue Jam

pancreas

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Twed on November 12, 2019, 12:57:52 PM
I snapped this tableau of unacceptability at work just now:

Although I actually hope that mug does get e-coli.

Getting some Peter's mad (curbstomping)thoughts from that metal straw

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 12, 2019, 12:54:33 PM
As, if you've got money to burn, you're supposed to do with condoms.

one for the fuck my non-reuasable hat thread

Air conditioning doesn't work properly if you keep opening windows and fucking about with the thermostat.

beanheadmcginty

Washing your hands after taking a piss is a totally unnecessary symbolic act.

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 12, 2019, 03:12:28 PM
Washing your hands after taking a piss is a totally unnecessary symbolic act.

Only if you've not had to touch any surfaces.

imitationleather

It's always advisable to wash thoroughly after coming in to contact with my absolutely filthy penis.

Mister Six

Cerys

Okay, be honest - how many of you would slide your soapy cock into that sponge's mouth?

Twed

As the packaging instructs it's best to put it in warm water first. Also make its mouth soapy, not your cock. Don't let it forget who the real Daddy is.

Cerys

machotrouts

It doesn't help anybody to indiscriminately put every dish that needs washing in the sink bowl "to soak". Besides the rigmarole of having to tip them all back out and spread wet dishes across the counter just to make enough room to actually wash anything, putting incredibly dirty dishes covered in sauce or porridge in the same bowl as dishes that just had some crumbs on means we now have an expanded load of dishes all covered in sauce or porridge. Now I have to scrub the outsides of the dishes too. This has created far more work than it has saved. And glasses? Why are glasses that have only had water in them in there? You're hoping the disgusting cold saucy porridge swamp is going to soak the water off? What the fuck is wrong with you, my parents? I hate you. I hate you. I wish I'd never been born. Slams door. Cries

Bennett Brauer

^  Veracious dat.

Ever been caught re-washing something on the draining board that someone has done a half-arsed job of washing up? You'll never win that argument.

Twed

Yep. Even worse with the sink full of soaking dishes is when somebody thinks "hey, let's drain/wash a raw chicken over the top of these dishes".

THESE DISHES NOW HAVE TO BE STERILIZED, JUST LIKE YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Washing chicken at all is dumb as shit. Unless you are making consommé please do not wash your fucking meat thanks

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: machotrouts on November 13, 2019, 01:19:14 AM
putting incredibly dirty dishes covered in sauce or porridge in the same bowl as dishes that just had some crumbs on means we now have an expanded load of dishes all covered in sauce or porridge. Now I have to scrub the outsides of the dishes too.

This.  You're doing the washing up and some cretin creeps up behind you and helpfully plunges their gravy-covered plate into the water and makes the water totally filthy.  Now I have to either wash the rest of the things in gravy or empty the bowl out and refill it.  Washing up is a lot easier if you quickly rinse the plate off under the tap first.  That's the reason you can give for us Brits have a plastic bowl inside the sink, whenever someone asks about it on reddit (which is about once a week).

The worst is when someone has left a whole pile of crockery in the bowl and then balanced a greasy frying pan on the very top.  Great.  Now all the grease has covered everything and it's going to take about 5 times as long to wash everything than if you's just left the fucking frying pan on the cooker and left it until last.

-------

(Seperate subject.)

At quite a young age I realised that when getting some jam out of a jar to put in a sandwich or on toast, if you use a spoon to get the jam out of the jar you won't get margarine in the jam and vice versa.  Why has nobody else realised this obvious thing?

NJ Uncut

No matter what you think or believe, it's still on some level only your opinion

So stand by it, sure, but have a bit of awareness that you aren't the sole arbiter of truth

Twed

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 13, 2019, 02:35:21 AM
At quite a young age I realised that when getting some jam out of a jar to put in a sandwich or on toast, if you use a spoon to get the jam out of the jar you won't get margarine in the jam and vice versa.  Why has nobody else realised this obvious thing?

Yes and see also people putting their contaminated knives in the mustard jar, desecrating the contents. A particularly egregious crime at pubs (e.g. my local) where they put pots of Colman's English on the tables rather than sachets. What sort of predatory paedophile thinks it's acceptable to stick their knife into the pot when they're halfway through their meal, leaving meat juices and food fragments for the next user to find? Scum, sub human scum.

seepage

after putting marmite on buttered toast using the same knife, how come the butter disappears from the jar the day after?

poodlefaker

Putting your binbags out the night before collection day in an area with a large urban fox population means they will be torn open and their contents scattered along the length of the street. Every. Fucking. Week.

poodlefaker

Same applies to bags of clothes left outside charity shops when they're closed.  Although, this time I don't  think it's the foxes.

Cerys

Quote from: seepage on November 13, 2019, 08:25:27 AM
after putting marmite on buttered toast using the same knife, how come the butter disappears from the jar the day after?

Eaten by the yeast.