Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:58:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Mandalorian

Started by Malcy, November 12, 2019, 02:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: madhair60 on January 04, 2020, 07:18:17 PM
Really liked this overall

Yep, maybe you might complain about it's depth or some of it being a bit filler, but overall a very nice bit of Star Wars stuff.

Not sure if I'd want more of it though.

Pranet

Preferred this to any of the new films. Quite happy to watch another series.

Head Gardener

Dex Sawash

Since I have fuckdisney+ now, I started watching  Rebels. It is vastly better than the Clone Wars series. A kid kills another kid in it. There's  a pink lady mandalorian  who takes her helmet off all the time.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Is that something that was just made up for this series? Daddy Fett was happy to let Obi Wan see his face (although he did try to kill him shortly afterwards).

Jim Bob

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 05, 2020, 04:13:05 PM
Is that something that was just made up for this series? Daddy Fett was happy to let Obi Wan see his face (although he did try to kill him shortly afterwards).

Jango and Boba Fett weren't actually Mandalorians, they just used the clan's armour.

The Michael Mandos seem to take their armour pretty seriously. You'd think they'd have kicked Fett's teeth in for that.

Dex Sawash

Why do TwI'leks wear pants on their heads?

Is there an anus on head?

Head Gardener

Malcy

phantom_power

The end goes a bit Brian Butterworth, "Vibrating Knife!", "Metal Loop!", "Beef Discs!"

Head Gardener

Jim Bob

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 07, 2020, 03:48:49 AM
Why do TwI'leks wear pants on their heads?

Is there an anus on head?

"Shrek caught, green handed, in SALACIOUS and SHOCKING kinky swamp lady straddling incident!  See page 7 for details!"

phantom_power

There is a making-of series starting soon as well

samadriel

Finally got to watching this... Is this show designed for HDR televisions or something? (I don't know what HDR does in TVs) Because episode four (I think) was like Sweet Sweetback's Baaaadass Song or something, it was pitch black. The only time in the entire episode I saw a human figure clearly was for a few seconds when someone was briefly electrocuted and was covered in blue sparks. I heard Carl Weathers speaking, but I never saw him. There was the odd  sparking blaster shot, that was about it. I hope the rest of the series isn't like that.

Dex Sawash

I recall some dimly lit parts. Goes more outdoors later.

They've cast Katee Sackhoff in s2 which seemed inevitable.

samadriel

I looked it up, I think it's a glitch in my fire stick settings. I'll give the ep another crack later. Quite enjoyed the show until it went dark; good ol' John Favreau has earned my trust. Nice short season too, I'm sick of all these shows vastly outstaying their welcome for the benefit of binge-nutters.

Was Katee Sackhoff inevitable? I haven't seen her in much since BSG, although I've wanted to.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Swoz_MK on September 02, 2020, 03:38:57 PM
Series 2 starts on Disney+ October 30th

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1301158402161139712

Which I assume will be 1.week after my "free year" of D+ from my mobile provider ends.

Famous Mortimer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/critics-calling-on-disney-to-fire-mandalorian-actress-gina-carano-for-transphobic-twitter-stunt/ar-BB196QJw?ocid=msedgdhp

My eyes glazed over by about the halfway point, so I assume nothing will come of any of this, but it saddens me to know she's one of those people who uses "SJW" unironically as an insult. I like most of the movies she starred in.

Dex Sawash

I guess she thought using R2D2 noises was a clever way of staying out of the situation?
I liked her in Haywire.

Neomod

I hope the next season picks up the pace a bit. Too fuckin' languid for it's own good that first one.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Neomod on September 17, 2020, 06:24:58 PM
I hope the next season picks up the pace a bit. Too fuckin' languid for it's own good that first one.

I thought this first time through but rewatching S1 this week and like it more this time.
Anyway,  tomorrow.

Malcy

Looking forward to this. Is it 8 episodes again?

famethrowa

Always happy to see Amy Sedaris getting work.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Malcy on October 29, 2020, 12:34:24 PM
Looking forward to this. Is it 8 episodes again?

Yep. Looking forward to this, definitely some much needed escapist entertainment.

bgmnts

I just want to see Baby Yoda do things for 45 minutes. Everything else is secondary.

How the show's virtual sets were made.

Not so much ground breaking, as ground making. The really nutty part about this to me isn't how extensive the use of virtual sets is, but that they're being generated in real-time with a commercially available game engine.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on October 29, 2020, 01:20:52 PM
The really nutty part about this to me isn't how extensive the use of virtual sets is, but that they're being generated in real-time with a commercially available game engine.

Not only commercially available, but free! I started playing around with it about 6 months ago. Steep learning curve but it's amazing that you can make actual lifelike sets/props with it and render out movies to Hollywood standard, and it costs nothing.

Malcy

That was really good. The show looks brilliant.

Spoiler alert
Hard to take Tusken Raiders seriously when they make the same noise as the Concrete Donkey from the Worms games!

Anyone else notice the guy in the bar who looked like Tim Healey?

Dunno what that sphere thing was that they found in the dragon's flesh.

Suppose that means Boba Fett isn't coming back after all.

Guy at the end looked familiar.
[close]