Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Mandalorian

Started by Malcy, November 12, 2019, 02:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Yeah, on it's own it's dumb, but not a sackable offence. Though it does seem to be the latest in a long stream of idiocy.

It's not the first time there have been calls to fire her either. The last time was because she declared support for Trump and his election-theft bollocks, though I don't agree an actor should be fired for that.

idunnosomename

god she posts so much dumb shit. has to have brain damage or something

Neomod

Quote from: Blumf on February 11, 2021, 11:34:30 AM
Why? Seemed fitting for the world the show presents.

Purely on an aesthetic level because obviously none of the characters have any depth. She looks like she should be in Battlestar Galactica or Blake's 7. Ruined the series for me.

Even the episodes she wasn't in.

bgmnts

Quote from: katzenjammer on February 11, 2021, 12:32:49 PM
This is the particularly bad bit ' How is (hating Jews) any different from hating someone for their political views'

What if someone's political views stems from their ethnic background? Is that similar. Fuck knows. Best not to even talk about Jews anyway.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Neomod on February 11, 2021, 01:50:39 PM
Purely on an aesthetic level because obviously none of the characters have any depth. She looks like she should be in Battlestar Galactica or Blake's 7. Ruined the series for me.

Dude, I've got something to tell you about the actress who plays Bo-Katan, Katee Sackhoff...

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on February 11, 2021, 03:10:47 PM
Dude, I've got something to tell you about the actress who plays Bo-Katan, Katee Sackhoff...

She fucking hates Jews. Bo-Katan, not the actress. I mean Jawas.

mothman

And there was that explicit rant she went off on, spouting the n-word[nb]n*rf*-h*rd*r[/nb] left, right and centre.

Lord Mandrake

Say what you want about the Empire but they are equal opportunity employers and they don't tolerate racial, sexual or robotical epithets in the workplace.

Dex Sawash

Are they still making Left Behind films? She could be in one of those.

Famous Mortimer

To throw away what could be a huge place in one of the biggest IPs of all time just so she could spew uninformed crap on Twitter? That's impressive (ly stupid).

mothman

But also, if you think about it, very Trumpian.

bgmnts

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 11, 2021, 08:06:46 PM
To throw away what could be a huge place in one of the biggest IPs of all time just so she could spew uninformed crap on Twitter? That's impressive (ly stupid).

Quite admirable actually, its a shame almost nobody puts their ideology above making money. If only people who had good views risked their payday.

bakabaka

Quote from: bgmnts on February 11, 2021, 08:28:43 PM
Quite admirable actually, its a shame almost nobody puts their ideology above making money. If only people who had good views risked their payday.
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,85080.0.html

Malcy

Apparently she was getting a spin-off. Not any more!

Glebe

Delighted Disney acted so swiftly in dealing with this!

Mr_Simnock

greenman

Quote from: Malcy on February 11, 2021, 11:01:16 PM
Apparently she was getting a spin-off. Not any more!

Isnt it calledl Marshals of the New Republic or something like that? tends to suggest it wasn't just going to be based around just her as the other series all have a characters name in them.

To be a bit more cynical you could say giving her the chop now suits Disney best, right now they just lose a supporting character who didnt need to be included again anyway and that show can be re rigged to include a new character.

She's been given several chances to cut this out and Disney just realised she was always going to be a liability in the future if they stuck with her.

QDRPHNC

Looks like she's teaming up with Ben Shapiro to make movies, so it's not all bad.

Cameron only has 4 followers, but Barrington seems to know him well enough.

Dex Sawash

This'll be shit, I reckon

Thomas

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 12, 2021, 12:07:15 AM
lmao

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1359905219451183109

It's true - Disney fired cancelled her solely because she played a successful character, correctly performing scripted dialogue for the entertainment of their lucrative subscription base. Crazy, but that's why they did it. They have a list of profitable characters and they're going to get rid of them one by one.

First they came for the Star Wars spin-off side characters, and I did not speak out because I was Mickey Mouse.

These days, if you break barriers in the Star Wars universe,

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

"Watch your mouth, kid, or you'll find yourself floating to the job centre."

Blumf

If only Han was around to warn her:

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 12, 2021, 06:57:14 PM
Looks like she's teaming up with Ben Shapiro to make movies, so it's not all bad.

Quote"Gina Carano is teaming up with The Daily Wire, a right-wing website, to develop, produce, and star in an upcoming film. Though specifics are scarce, the film will be released exclusively to that site's members."

Hahaha.  From a flagship Disney+ series to... this.

St_Eddie

bgmnts

Eh at least its a job which aligns with her ideals.

Dex Sawash

Difficult to calculate exactly how much sub-Left Behind film this is.