Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bad gateway

Started by Dex Sawash, November 12, 2019, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Don't think I've ever had a thread go 3 pages before

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Buelligan

Quote from: wosl on November 13, 2019, 05:54:41 PM
Has anyone been having trouble accessing their PMs?

Evening primrose oil.

greencalx

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on November 13, 2019, 09:16:15 PM
Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status that means that the server received an invalid packet which went in backwards, instead of forwards. 

Ong.

Bad getaway.

Brian Freeze

Im quite worried about bad gateway drugs. You'll all be training to be pharmacists next if you're not careful.

Barry Admin

I just optimised the tables, see if that helps for starters.

king_tubby

I bet you did, Admin, you dirty old bollocks. I bet you fucking did.

NoSleep

It's snappy like it's 1730 (yesterday) at the moment. Thanks Barry.

Jasha

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 14, 2019, 12:31:50 PM
I just optimised the tables switched it off and on again at the wall, see if that helps for starters.

Captain Z

Think you need another beer mat under the table.

idunnosomename

terrible gateway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the

When you see it you'll shit brix (and I swear I haven't Photoshopped it) - might need to zoom in:

Cuellar

Crisps the same price as pork chops!

touchingcloth

Was anyone just around when the gateway did that thing? With the sort of nipple/nappy? What happened there?

Kryton

Was about to start a thread claiming 'You're all a great bunch of lads', but I got a bad gateway.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on November 13, 2019, 09:16:15 PM
Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status that means that the server received an invalid packet which went in backwards, instead of forwards. 

The key thing to do is start mashing your f5 key in order to refresh the page as many times as possible.  If everyone starts doing this the site should speed up.

I get that you're trying to be funny, but don't do this.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

From what I can gather the server is based in London. Couldn't some of you who live down there nip over and get a bit aggro on them until they sort this out? Don't go crazy or anything, maybe just knock over a few chairs, press a few buttons, steal a stapler, that sort of thing? The main guy is probably a massive nebby dork so he'll capitulate fairly quickly.

Captain Z

Quote from: the on November 14, 2019, 10:56:18 PM
When you see it you'll shit brix (and I swear I haven't Photoshopped it) - might need to zoom in:

I'm really not seeing anything, what am I supposed to be looking for?

ProvanFan

John Cleese/Simon Weston at the window

Dex Sawash

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: the on November 14, 2019, 10:56:18 PM

No good. What is 'it'?

Dex Sawash

Thread was about to drop off first page, bad gateway a lot this afternoon

the

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 16, 2019, 05:33:04 PMNo good. What is 'it'?

Sorry, forgot to come back to this thread (another Bad Gateway just reminded me).

I found the image because it featured a Gateway, but by sheer coincidence the bus stop happens to be serving the number 502 service:

(That'll be the council-subsidised weekend/late-night version of the 2 service, fact fans. I'd put that image at about 1988/89.)

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: the on November 18, 2019, 10:24:14 PM
Sorry, forgot to come back to this thread (another Bad Gateway just reminded me).

I found the image because it featured a Gateway, but by sheer coincidence the bus stop happens to be serving the number 502 service:

(That'll be the council-subsidised weekend/late-night version of the 2 service, fact fans. I'd put that image at about 1988/89.)

Blimey! You weren't wrong about it being small. Good spot, though. I have shat brix and these are those brix:

the

Quote from: the on November 18, 2019, 10:24:14 PMI'd put that image at about 1988/89.

Actually that's balls, it's got to be about 91/92.

BlodwynPig

Ambient Sheep

No bad gateways, but pages have been incredibly slow to load for the last 18 hours or so... pausing with the progress bar about 10-20% completed before then zipping along almost as normal.

Hopefully this is down to some kind of anti-bot throttling rather than anything more sinister.

Is it just me?