Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ok boomer

Started by The Boston Crab, November 13, 2019, 10:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Radiohead reveal disappointing new album title.

Oh for fuck's... NEW PAGE TWAT.

H-O-W-L

AHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHHH

madhair60

OK boomer is the no u of impotent youth

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on November 13, 2019, 11:31:55 AM
I wonder how THE MILLENIALS will react when the Gen-Zers/Gen-AA/AB/ACers start saying 'ok millenial' at them!!!
they wont because well all be dead

madhair60

It's the "eyyyyy, sit on it" of important youth, more like.

(Hits jukebox with fist, it starts playing Solo by Demi Lovato feat Clean Bandit)

ajsmith2

Quote from: Cuellar on November 13, 2019, 11:20:47 AM

I will never stop finding it amusing that this cartoonist has the same name as the guy who wrote 'Timelash'.

Butchers Blind

[tag]Battlestar Galactica fans leave thread disappointed[/tag]

I think you find that the rich work harder?

kngen

I think it's hilarious how impossibly angry people get over it - if that's the sort of thing that makes you incandescent with rage, then you've clearly been coasting through life and are utterly deserving of it.

And that cartoon just shows how oblivious the targets are - it was the whole 'millennials eat tide pods and avocado toast, nyaaah' that started this round of  stupid inter-generational bickering. All it needed was a 'I heart Greta Thunberg' badge to bring the whole thing full circle.

Icehaven

Quote from: poodlefaker on November 13, 2019, 11:40:42 AM
do millennials snort condoms and eat dishwasher tabs?

Yes this, I'm not that up to date with the latest things the generations are accusing each other of but I'm totally foxed by that cartoon. But then being born in 1979 I'm exempt from all this, way too young to be a boomer, just about too old to be a Millennial.

bgmnts

One thing I like about boomers is they use the word opinion instead of take.

Paul Calf

2025 will make 1956 look like 1968.

Paul Calf

sponk

Quote from: kngen on November 13, 2019, 02:01:30 PM
I think it's hilarious how impossibly angry people get over it - if that's the sort of thing that makes you incandescent with rage, then you've clearly been coasting through life and are utterly deserving of it.

And that cartoon just shows how oblivious the targets are - it was the whole 'millennials eat tide pods and avocado toast, nyaaah' that started this round of  stupid inter-generational bickering. All it needed was a 'I heart Greta Thunberg' badge to bring the whole thing full circle.

Do you find people getting angry about the OK Symbol or Pepe the Frog funny? Ok Boomer is no different. It's bigotry and violence disguised behind something innocuous

kngen

Quote from: sponk on November 13, 2019, 02:38:41 PM
Do you find people getting angry about the OK Symbol or Pepe the Frog funny? Ok Boomer is no different. It's bigotry and violence disguised behind something innocuous

People rolling their eyes at their elders is the same as covert white supremacy symbols? Wow, you're outdoing yourself as Sultan of the Hot Takes.

Paul Calf

The funny(?) thing is, Gen X is going to get fucked by the millennials too. The availability of the contraceptive pill caused a population slump in Gen X that largely recovered in the next generation. Outvoted by the crumblies, outvoted by the ignorant kids who don't know what it's like not to have an NHS and a welfare state.

Blinder Data

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 13, 2019, 10:32:54 AM
What combo of words can actually stop an old guy dead?

Negative yield

No free parking

"This voucher's expired"

ok boomer

NJ Uncut

Yeah, I dislike it cause it's just writing people off based on when they were born

If you have a problem with their attitude explain what's wrong on an individual level, not roping in millions of people just based on age, thus stripping away individual identity

Twed

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 13, 2019, 02:47:29 PM
Yeah, I dislike it cause it's just writing people off based on when they were born
You've misunderstood. You can be of the baby boomer generation without Ok Boomer applying to you. You can even be Gen X or an old millennial. It's all about the level of absolute clueless fuckshittery that exists in your heart.

Kryton

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 13, 2019, 02:47:29 PM

If you have a problem with their attitude explain what's wrong on an individual level, not roping in millions of people just based on age, thus stripping away individual identity

I'm with you.

It's just a lazy, undeserving insult that targets a lot of people for no good reason. Much in the same way I don't go for the whole millennials are idiots thing.

Shit for cunts basically.

Kryton

Quote from: icehaven on November 13, 2019, 02:12:11 PM
Yes this, I'm not that up to date with the latest things the generations are accusing each other of but I'm totally foxed by that cartoon. But then being born in 1979 I'm exempt from all this, way too young to be a boomer, just about too old to be a Millennial.

Yeah 82 I was born, so I see these millennial vs boomer posts and just roll my eyes/ cringe a little.

chveik

some posters are incredibly predictable

king_tubby

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 13, 2019, 02:43:51 PM
The funny(?) thing is, Gen X is going to get fucked by the millennials too. The availability of the contraceptive pill caused a population slump in Gen X that largely recovered in the next generation. Outvoted by the crumblies, outvoted by the ignorant kids who don't know what it's like not to have an NHS and a welfare state.

As a member of Gen X, all I can say is 'meh'.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Twed on November 13, 2019, 02:50:52 PM
You've misunderstood. You can be of the baby boomer generation without Ok Boomer applying to you. You can even be Gen X or an old millennial. It's all about the level of absolute clueless fuckshittery that exists in your heart.

Why does it have to be OK Boomer then? (It seems to spin on the percieved stereotypes of being a "boomer")?

Why not "OK"?

I've used that myself as a short, curt "whatever mate" thing

Blinder Data

boomers really stinking up this thread

Ferris