Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:12:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ok boomer

Started by The Boston Crab, November 13, 2019, 10:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

I'm Gen-x by the way, and my pronouns are "It" and "That"

Twed

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 13, 2019, 03:03:16 PM
Why does it have to be OK Boomer then? (It seems to spin on the percieved stereotypes of being a "boomer")?

Why not "OK"?

That is hilarious

But of course it is about stereotypical behaviour. That's why it cuts. "You are acting in the way people find stereotypical of boomers".

Twed

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 13, 2019, 03:14:51 PM
I'm Gen-x by the way, and my pronouns are "It" and "That"
"Cunt", got it.

pancreas is my tone acceptable this time?

imitationleather

After several years of being labelled trigged snowflake avocado-munchers by grey haired property-owning wankers I can't believe that people born 1980 - 1999 have decided to retaliate by coming up with a slur of their own.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Twed on November 13, 2019, 03:16:08 PM
That is hilarious

But of course it is about stereotypical behaviour. That's why it cuts. "You are acting in the way people find stereotypical of boomers".

And that's my objection - fuck stereotypes, even as an insult to rely on

Chollis

pancreas

Quote from: Twed on November 13, 2019, 03:16:57 PM
"Cunt", got it.

pancreas is my tone acceptable this time?

Looks good to me.

Generational conflict is a distraction from the real shit that is class conflict for sure, but this is absolutely hilarious:

Quote from: sponk on November 13, 2019, 02:38:41 PM
Do you find people getting angry about the OK Symbol or Pepe the Frog funny? Ok Boomer is no different. It's bigotry and violence disguised behind something innocuous

Are you going to piss your pants?

imitationleather

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 13, 2019, 03:25:51 PM
Generational conflict is a distraction from the real shit that is class conflict for sure, but this is absolutely hilarious:

I dunno. Safely in 2:1 territory for a first year Sociology BA essay, I'd say.

Love,
imitationleather
(Sociology BA)

Kryton

I think those avacados and tide pods are getting to you lad.

idunnosomename

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 13, 2019, 02:47:29 PM
Yeah, I dislike it cause it's just writing people off based on when they were born

If you have a problem with their attitude explain what's wrong on an individual level, not roping in millions of people just based on age, thus stripping away individual identity
do you see anyone calling Corbyn a boomer

GMTV

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 13, 2019, 03:21:56 PM
And that's my objection - fuck stereotypes, even as an insult to rely on

Coming from the poster continually prattling on about Big Oil, clearly trying to portray some form of stereotype/ generalisation.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 13, 2019, 03:30:08 PM
do you see anyone calling Corbyn a boomer

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/01/its-no-wonder-young-people-are-falling-out-of-love-with-corbyn/

Quote from: GMTV on November 13, 2019, 03:32:43 PM
Coming from the poster continually prattling on about Big Oil, clearly trying to portray some form of stereotype/ generalisation.

I haven't used that for weeks now as it has lost interest for me. And I used it as shorthand for the industry I work in without naming my precise employer. They use it themselves, it's on the intranet....! It's the same as Big Steel or Big Anything really. Whataboutery though eh pal? Also, the only stereotypes associated with me posting about work have come from other people: Oh do you work in a petrol station? Usually from cunts punching down, as if the answer "yes" would be shameful!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Cuellar

'Bigotry and violence'?!

Boomers spat at in the street, gangs of millenials round them steadily chanting 'ok boomer, ok boomer, ok boomer'

Brick thrown through retiree's window, followed by another, then another then another until he sees, with mounting horror, that they spell out 'ok boomer' on his living room carpet.

Boomers not allowed to own property.

The 'OK Boomer Act' disenfranchises boomers and imposes a 100% income tax. They are barred from all professions apart from Member of local Round Table, Alderman, Chartered Accountant, Actuary.

Boomers confined to certain areas of country - Surrey, Rutland, Suffolk, Kent, Guildford.

The OK Boomer camps begin to open, 'for their own safety and wellbeing'.

Boomers worked to death mining bitcoins for their millenial overlords.

Boomers minced to create ethical burgers ('Eat a Boomer Burger - actually REDUCES the planet's carbon emissions!')

I did not speak out because I was not a boomer.

alan nagsworth

How the fuck is it bullying

It's a deliberately snarky dig at people who get unnecessarily wound up about veganism/animal rights campaigns or left wing ideals or global warming activism or LGBTQ+ rights or anything else that is generally good for the world but upsets the apple cart of good old fashioned bullshit.

Of course it's not aimed specifically at all boomers, and in fact it is more widely aimed at ANYONE who has that mindset regardless of their age, and that's the point of it. People are trying to do genuine good for the world they live in and when it's met with pig-headed disdain and distrust the most hilarious thing to do is rile them up with some sneery and seemingly ignorant buzzword.

I fuckin love the shit personally

imitationleather

Oi, thread! You gaze at that navel any harder any you might get #metoo'd!

NJ Uncut

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 13, 2019, 03:41:06 PM
ok boomer

Go fuck yourself for misconstruing a simple answer for a simple question

See? Much more direct

alan nagsworth

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 13, 2019, 03:41:41 PM
Go fuck yourself for misconstruing a simple answer for a simple question

See? Much more direct

You edited your post. Originally it just said "go fuck yourself". Boom much?

idunnosomename

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 13, 2019, 03:45:18 PM
You edited your post. Originally it just said "go fuck yourself". Boom much?
ok boomer

idunnosomename

anyone fancy a paedo thread?

Twed

NJ Uncut, I get why you're upset about stereotypes. It is unfair to hear that somebody is French and assume they will be haughty and smell of garlic and carry a baguette. But that's not how this works. It's applying the stereotype based on behaviour, not demographic. It works even better when the demographic doesn't even match.

I think the trouble with Ok boomer is that it starts getting old really quickly. There's just not much scope

alan nagsworth

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Twed on November 13, 2019, 03:47:16 PM
I think the trouble with Ok boomer is that it starts getting old really quickly. There's just not much scope

You know what else got old quick? Boomers.

Chollis

boomer are you OK
are you OK
are you OK
are you OK boomer

Paul Calf

Quote from: Twed on November 13, 2019, 03:47:16 PM
It works even better when the demographic doesn't even match.

[citation needed]