Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

First Class Worst Class

Started by The Boston Crab, November 13, 2019, 05:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on November 13, 2019, 07:23:15 PM
Used to be able to pay an extra fiver or something measly to upgrade to first class on that train. Never paid for it and nowadays it's priced based on how far your journey is so £20-25 extra from Bath/Bristol. No point. Got in for free when it was overcrowded and first class on those new Hitachis is dead comfy..

I think I clutched my ticket in my hand all the way there because I was afraid they'd find out I wasn't proper. I think I only had a coffee - I was too nervous to ask what else I could have for the same reason.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Used to use weekend first a lot when I was a student and doing Scotland to the South West. Even once set up a Desktop Computer and monitor on the journey. Nearly as silly as the size of Gordon Gecko's phone in the first Wall Street.

Did Green Car throughout Japan, because why not.

And did a luxury version of the Trans Sib, with booze in the bar included, and four course dinners every evening. Even had suckling pig one night. Train travel with never beat that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on November 13, 2019, 07:55:05 PM
Used to use weekend first a lot when I was a student and doing Scotland to the South West. Even once set up a Desktop Computer and monitor on the journey. Nearly as silly as the size of Gordon Gecko's phone in the first Wall Street.

Did Green Car throughout Japan, because why not.

And did a luxury version of the Trans Sib, with booze in the bar included, and four course dinners every evening. Even had suckling pig one night. Train travel with never beat that.

Do they still do the luxury trans siberian?

That sounds based af

I would love a suckling pig nowhere suckling my damn dick

As it is I'm eating in a posh Thai on my own. Its depressing. Wish I could go home to my wife and cats man. Not all it's cut out to be this FC life.

I'll get some tinnies and twenny biftas from the Sainsbury's local in a minute though and have a party in the bath.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 13, 2019, 08:05:19 PM
That sounds based af

I would love a suckling pig nowhere suckling my damn dick

As it is I'm eating in a posh Thai on my own. Its depressing. Wish I could go home to my wife and cats man. Not all it's cut out to be this FC life.

I'll get some tinnies and twenny biftas from the Sainsbury's local in a minute though and have a party in the bath.

Im eating alone at the raj indian in the Bigg market, savouring a couple more hours of freedom before she returns

Is it unethical to get prozzies if your just homesick?

No shagging, only HJ/BJ.

Honestly don't know where to even rent one. Is there an app?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 13, 2019, 08:08:57 PM

No shagging, only HJ/BJ.

Don't have any in Droitwich

If you're in Shanghai, however...

I'm in fucking Birmingham mate.

I text my wife to check and she said absolutely no chance so that's fine that.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2019, 07:59:40 PM
Do they still do the luxury trans siberian?

Yes - the Golden Eagle. Did it as part of honeymoon and RTW on gardening leave. Was about half the age of most of the other passengers. One heck of a way to travel across Russia (and visit Mongolia).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 13, 2019, 08:17:32 PM
I'm in fucking Birmingham mate.

I text my wife to check and she said absolutely no chance so that's fine that.

Droitwich is near brum?

No offence but I don't know nothin about this rat city.

weekender

Anyone want to have a go at connecting Birmingham International to transport locations?

BlodwynPig

22 miles south of birmingham. Close enough.

thenoise

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 13, 2019, 08:08:57 PM

No shagging, only HJ/BJ.

Adultwork. Don't forget to check the reviews on punternet

and then start feeling quite depressed and change your mind

pigamus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2019, 08:21:53 PM
Droitwich is near brum?

"Darley Dale, Measham, Droitwich and Grantham". Hammered into my brain from DFS adverts when growing up in 1980s Birmingham.

BlodwynPig

Best people are from birmingham

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 13, 2019, 06:10:37 PM
Anyone travelling first class should be either told to fuck off or put on a carriage which is like a giant maggot infested tomb filled with shit, but in a negative way.

Srsly tho we shouldn't have different class of travel, carriages should be divided into those travelling short distance and those travelling longer distance.

Sounds like a new Momentum policy.

Cuellar

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on November 13, 2019, 08:20:15 PM
Yes - the Golden Eagle. Did it as part of honeymoon and RTW on gardening leave. Was about half the age of most of the other passengers. One heck of a way to travel across Russia (and visit Mongolia).

Thought that sounded good and might be a more economical way to do posh train tavel.

Best part of £20k, west to east.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on November 13, 2019, 09:23:39 PM
Thought that sounded good and might be a more economical way to do posh train tavel.

Best part of £20k, west to east.

Crowdfund it like the rich kids do

Cuellar

OK Boom... actually yeah might try that

In my rat city room, got the Switch hooked up and playing Steins;Gate, a visual novel about time travel, bought some tinnies, had half a one and down the sink. Gave a homo (homeless guy) a fiver and the remaining tinnies. Would have invited him in because my stupid room got two double beds for some reason but I'd worry he'd steal my Switch and wallet and who could blame him? I got a nearly full Costa loyalty card in the wallet and a shit load of shmups on the Switch. I genuinely feel bad thinking this guy is outside and I got two beds. Feel terrible to be honest, I mean it. I won't be able to sleep thinking about this guy from the other side of the tracks. Why hasn't he got the RNG to go on a stupid train in FC and sleep in a room with two beds? I haven't felt this guilty since I was talkin to an El Salvadorian on the Honduran border and I paid ten bucks to go through but he wasn't allowed because he was not a white westerner and he didn't have one buck never mind ten.

Maybe I will vote Labour after all.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why are you throwing beer down the sink you dick

BlodwynPig

Wank and laqer down sink

Should have gone droitwich

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 13, 2019, 09:52:26 PM
Why are you throwing beer down the sink you dick

There isn't even a fridge in this fucking executive room. Truly a shit day for luxury supposed shit. By the time I get back from din dins the beer was room temp. I can't tolerate that. I'd rather end the night and look forward to some nice cool drinking tomorrow.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You got a tramp drunk though, so all is well with the world.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 13, 2019, 10:05:34 PM
You got a tramp drunk though, so all is well with the world.

Dead by morn in this temperature

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The beers warm, so it should keep him alive.

Captain Z

There's a great little gaming pub just up the road if you want to take your mind off it.

Ferris

I travel so infrequently on British trains that I always go first class. It's like an extra 20 quid, and you can see angry old men in pastel trousers yelling at their demure wives and you can't put a price on that.

poo

Peak railway was late 1990s-early 2000s when you could go on Craigslist and arrange train wanks.