Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,375
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:49:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MASTERCHEF PROFESSIONALS 2019

Started by Twit 2, November 13, 2019, 11:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

The psycho cunt, the Samoan pedant and the obnoxious egg are back!

bgmnts

Was delighted that Sri Lankan bloke went through the other day. And the hungarian woman with her tofu had me drooling.

Everyone else was a footnote in the last episode, except, even local lad Rhys with his shite hair.

Twit 2

Sod off, Monica, your ragu looked bollocks. Ragu in 20 minutes my arse.

bgmnts

Has Marcus Wareing ever killed a man? He has the eyes of a murderer.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 13, 2019, 11:23:53 PM
Was delighted that Sri Lankan bloke went through the other day. And the hungarian woman with her tofu had me drooling.

Everyone else was a footnote in the last episode, except, even local lad Rhys with his shite hair.

Ive met Hungarian lady somewhere

She'll go far or be too wacky and get kicked next show

touchingcloth

Oi fuck u

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 06, 2019, 10:17:42 AM
Last one of the decade, lads. Started last night.

So far no one has tried to make a pizza dough out of lobster claws or a three nonce roast, but I live in hope of some hilarious fuckups before the competition proper begins.

Episode 1's highlights: chap mixing up fish roe and passion fruit pulp and adding it back to a half passion fruit shell, which turned my fucking stomach; Italian woman who looked like she was on the verge of tears throughout the entirety of her brief appearance.

Oh, and gels and emulsions are back, it seems. There needs to be a drinking game for gels, emulsions, tuiles, sous vides, Marcus saying "roasted it off" or "roasted/cooked/broiled it down".

Twit 2

Ah sorry, I did look for a thread before I started mine, but not too hard, as it'd dropped off the 1st page. I also only just noticed it on iplayer, tricking me into thinking it'd started last night, instead of over a week ago.

touchingcloth

bgmnts

Fuck off critics with your umami.

Cunts

BlodwynPig

Neomod

These chefs should spend more time with cookery rather than tattoo books.

touchingcloth

Jittlebags

'Treat the broccoli with respect', Monica just said. Everyone knows broccoli is a dirty, dirty vegetable, and deserves everything coming to it.

bgmnts

She is right though, it's an absolute cunt of a veg and needs to be treated with the utmost reverence.

chveik

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 20, 2019, 10:52:34 PM
'Treat the broccoli with respect', Monica just said. Everyone knows broccoli is a dirty, dirty vegetable, and deserves everything coming to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGUzKc_h5E0

wooders1978

'Kin hell Marcus maybe wash your hands next time you scratch your anus - that is some case of pink eye

sevendaughters

Twit 2

Anyone else think he has some Mark Heap-esque facial expressions sometimes?

sevendaughters

Andrew and Arbinder from tonight seem like finalists to me, a person who can never guess finalists.

From the pros I want to see more skills tests like the first round. If you can't trim a fish, bone a chicken, make pasta, or do an egg 10 ways then I don't want to see your canon of lamb with reduced pony blister veloute.

touchingcloth

Looked at another way, you could assume they used to be handy with those tasks but as their careers progressed they focused less on prep and more on higher level stuff. But I agree, there's something thrilling when you see someone nail a 15 minute skills test, especially when they're more a test of instincts. I enjoyed that Filipino one with the Belfast accent making a decent fist of a dish and ingredients she'd never seen before.

Hats off to all of them tonight for managing to cook anything at all under the watchful rank eye of Marcus. I like Arbinder, of all the ones this series so far, he's had the most dishes I've really craved. Navy boy is good too.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 21, 2019, 11:00:20 PM
Looked at another way, you could assume they used to be handy with those tasks but as their careers progressed they focused less on prep and more on higher level stuff.

If Monica can still make a pancake there's no excuse for them to struggle with it.

sevendaughters

good skills tests last night with the chicken and loved Exose's big choux full of trifle.

Norton Canes

Chicken carcass in bin was best bit

sevendaughters

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 27, 2019, 10:52:22 AM
Chicken carcass in bin was best bit

yeah, Marcus' face! may as well have crapped on the plate.

Blue Jam

I like the way one of them looks like Andy Dawson and happens to be called Andrew as well.

thugler

Has someone poked marcus in the eye? Looked all sore

bgmnts

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 27, 2019, 12:22:58 PM
I like the way one of them looks like Andy Dawson and happens to be called Andrew as well.

That's a nice name for a chef innit Andrew?

sevendaughters

Exose smashing it AND unreasonably handsome too!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

BlodwynPig

Are women just shit cooks?

The asian lady who won years ago was phenomenal