Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When will the age of the suit finally be over?

Started by Fry, November 14, 2019, 09:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

Urgh sorry I'm tired and my SHOES are rubbing and I'm just so bored of SUITS.

Jasha

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 14, 2019, 04:09:22 PM
Enter the modern age of machine-washable, no-iron, no collar. Until the fucking environmentalists stop us wearing artificial fibres and we have to knit our own clothes out of bark.

Polo shirt, 100% polyester with the company name over your left tit (so they can claim the vat back). Available in 2 sizes (too big and too small), make sure you claim your £120 tax allowance for laundering it at home

Cuellar

Best thing about wearing a suit is taking it all off at the end of the day.

And then getting off the bus.

imitationleather

jobotic

If you don't wear a suit in a world of suits everyone knows you're in charge.

petril

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 14, 2019, 12:44:54 PM
Nobody can know for sure but if I had to hazard a guess...

new Matt Berry vehicle in the pipeline

Twit 2

We will all dress like Bob Hoskins and be glad to do so.

Cuntbeaks

When they allowed our whole office to "dress down forever" i nearly fucking cried with joy. Wearing a suit, or at least a shirt and tie, everyday is such a colossal fucking shitshow.

thenoise

My boss threatened to send me home for wearing shorts on dress-down Friday. That's the advantage of having a work 'uniform', the psychopath in charge of you can't take a random dislike to what your wearing and humiliate you in front of your colleagues for it.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2019, 02:55:00 PM
I'm just waiting for the revival of The Decade That Taste Forgot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNBoJZN-KIk

Some great music in that advert - Taste didn't totally forget that decade.

honeychile

I've never worn a suit. In fact i'm a full grown adult man and have genuinely no idea how you tie a tie, it's always just looked like some weird blur of hands. Don't own any collared shirts or "smart" (ie. non-trainers) shoes. Once turned down a job because i was told "no jeans". Beat that!!!

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 14, 2019, 09:23:48 AM
I'd rather people dressed in suits rather than some tech company Silicon Valley twatwear, thank you very much. You can shave that fucking beard off as well while you're at it, you look like a vagrant.
I do wish they'd make a formal shoe that's as comfortable as the trainer though, I mean it can't be that hard to achieve, surely?

I've got a pair of Rockport shoes which have trainer-like comfort with shock absorption whatever the fuck that means and they're comfy as hell.

touchingcloth

Whatever happened to the waistline in menswear, eh? D'yer member when trousers used to fasten at the actual waist rather than the hip? Men's formal wear from roughly the mid-18th to mid-19th Century is the pinnacle of sartorial smoke and mirrors, and is the only style of clothing you could dress either Gene Kelly or the Fat Comptroller in and have them look equally dapper and natty. Corsetry for men, basically. These days its all some polyester prick with his arse hanging out of his shiny River Island and going "I've paired it with some Converse". Fuck off, mate, I hope your suit melts on you like napalm.

Alternative answer: When will the age of the suit finally be over? It already is; she married Harry.

Cuellar

mrpupkin

Symbol of all that is dreary, cold and ultimately callous in our stupid depressing tory society.

Just think of all the suit wearing acts...

-Clattering purposefully down the street like a big twat
-Taking work seriously and believing in the world
-Standing wide-legged in the pub still going on about work
-Dancing to the Killers at a shabby wedding
-Saying that whatever your politics you've got to empathise with Theresa May
-Doing coke with some bellends in a city bar from hell
-Solemnly carrying the coffin of a loved one to their final resting place
-Emailing everyone to say you've brought in some treats from your holiday
-Unsuccessfully reinventing yourself as a lounge singer
-Wishing you had the plague in a job interview
-Falling asleep on the last train home with burger sauce all down you
-Being disingenuous on Andrew Marr
-Stinking out the bogs because you had a Wetherspoons burger on your lunch break
-Selling suits to other men in suits in the suit shop where you work while wearing a suit

NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THIS